Hi, my name is LizA! — Scope | Disability forum
Please read our updated community house rules and community guidelines.

Hi, my name is LizA!

Options
LizA
LizA Community member Posts: 3 Listener
Hi my son is a teenager with cerebral palsy. I am joining the community because I want to know what people have found helpful. Right now my son is having a difficult time and I want to support him as best I can so am looking for advice.

Comments

• Jgeek
    Jgeek Community member Posts: 66 Connected
    Options
    Hi Welcome to our community, I'm 27 with cerebral palsy and help out on here. I'm afraid I'm not a parent but I was a teenager with CP and worked with disabled young people between degrees too. What is he finding difficult?
  • JenniferU
    JenniferU Community member Posts: 108 Pioneering
    Options
    Hi @LizA and welcome to the community! It looks like you could benefit a lot by talking to @Andrewlinwood who seems to be going through similar issues with his teenage daughter. Hope you find the support you need!
  • Andrewlinwood
    Andrewlinwood Community member Posts: 4 Listener
    Options
    My 14 year old daughter has cerebral palsy. My wife and I would like to share views with other parents on this condition; especially at this crucial time in her life. She has mobility and speech problems but is otherwise a well-rounded young girl. However, we have noticed that her peers are developing socially at a faster rate and she is beginning to get left behind by her cohort. Any similar experiences and coping strategies would be welcome.

Brightness