Welcomes and introductions
If this is your first visit, check out the community guide. You will have to Join us or Sign in before you can post.
Receiving too many notifications? Adjust your notification settings.

Hi, my name is LizA!

Hi my son is a teenager with cerebral palsy. I am joining the community because I want to know what people have found helpful. Right now my son is having a difficult time and I want to support him as best I can so am looking for advice.

Replies

• JgeekJgeek Member Posts: 68
    Hi Welcome to our community, I'm 27 with cerebral palsy and help out on here. I'm afraid I'm not a parent but I was a teenager with CP and worked with disabled young people between degrees too. What is he finding difficult?
  • JenniferUJenniferU Member Posts: 124 Courageous
    Hi @LizA and welcome to the community! It looks like you could benefit a lot by talking to @Andrewlinwood who seems to be going through similar issues with his teenage daughter. Hope you find the support you need!
  • AndrewlinwoodAndrewlinwood Member Posts: 4
    My 14 year old daughter has cerebral palsy. My wife and I would like to share views with other parents on this condition; especially at this crucial time in her life. She has mobility and speech problems but is otherwise a well-rounded young girl. However, we have noticed that her peers are developing socially at a faster rate and she is beginning to get left behind by her cohort. Any similar experiences and coping strategies would be welcome.
Sign in or join us to comment.