Please read our updated community house rules and community guidelines.

Migration letters

Options
Bostankhan22
Bostankhan22 Community member Posts: 19 Connected
Hi just need abit of advice. I am on esa in the support group aswell as enhanced pip. Will I be affected by this migration letters that are been sent out soon to switch to universal credit. I am abit confused if anyone can shed any light please 

Comments

• poppy123456
    poppy123456 Community member Posts: 55,102 Disability Gamechanger
    Options
    Unless you're currently claiming Tax Credits then you won't be migrated across to UC until at least 2028, unless a change of circumstances prompts a move in the meantime. 

Although if your ESA is either the old contributions based or New style then you won't migration across because both are not part of UC. 
    I would appreciate it if members wouldn't tag me please. I have all notifcations turned off and wouldn't want a member thinking i'm being rude by not replying.
    If i see a question that i know the answer to i will try my best to help.
  • Bostankhan22
    Options
    Can anyone shed any light on this new idea of scrapping pip for talk therapy. What is this proposal by the prime minister and when does it plan to go ahead. I'm very worried and anxious and my health isn't good at the best of times and this has triggered my anxiety levels sky high. Can anyone advise.
  • poppy123456
    Options
    Can anyone shed any light on this new idea of scrapping pip for talk therapy. What is this proposal by the prime minister and when does it plan to go ahead. I'm very worried and anxious and my health isn't good at the best of times and this has triggered my anxiety levels sky high. Can anyone advise.
    There's been many threads regarding this in the past couple of days. No one knows what may happen yet because no exact details have been announced. It may not even go ahead. For this reason no one can tell you anything other than what he mentioned in his speech. 
    I would appreciate it if members wouldn't tag me please. I have all notifcations turned off and wouldn't want a member thinking i'm being rude by not replying.
  • Bostankhan22
    Options
    Can anyone tell me if and when pip stops as I get the enhanced part? My daughter cares for me and gets carers allowance, will that stop too as its related to pip or will my daughter still get carers allowance. 
  • poppy123456
    Options
    Can anyone tell me if and when pip stops as I get the enhanced part? My daughter cares for me and gets carers allowance, will that stop too as its related to pip or will my daughter still get carers allowance. 
    If your daily living PIP stops at any time then carers allowance will also stop. This is because you need to be claiming a qualifying disability benefit for someone to claim either carers allowance or carers element of UC for looking after you. 
  • Bostankhan22
    Options
    Ok poppy thankyou, my daughter get universal credit but its gone down but topped up with the carers allowance. So how will that work, don't these government who trying to get rid of the pip realise the impact on carers allowance and the care which we so desperately need. But thankyou poppy
  • poppy123456
    Options
    Ok poppy thankyou, my daughter get universal credit but its gone down but topped up with the carers allowance. So how will that work, don't these government who trying to get rid of the pip realise the impact on carers allowance and the care which we so desperately need. But thankyou poppy
    Yes carers allowance is always deducted in full from any UC entitlement. She needs to make sure her UC includes the carers element, providing she doesn't receive the LCWRA element of UC for herself. 

As for your other question on carers allowance, there's no changes been made to PIP yet and everything remains as it is until those changes happen BUT they may never happen. 
  • Bostankhan22
    Options
    Can anyone tell me what's the new workwell project that's about to be rolled out in October. I thought these changes were not going to take place til after the general election. I try my best not to get worked up but every other day there is no something new and now this workwell project, people with bpd mental health  who is on the enchanted part of pip, who's had endless therapies, yet nothing works, so how do they assume the disabled will fit into work, are they completely crazy.
    Has anyone else heard about the workwell project 
  • Meg24
    Meg24 Community member Posts: 83 Pioneering
    Options
    Unless you're currently claiming Tax Credits then you won't be migrated across to UC until at least 2028, unless a change of circumstances prompts a move in the meantime. 

Although if your ESA is either the old contributions based or New style then you won't migration across because both are not part of UC. 
    Poppy that is not correct. Neil Couling himself has confirmed that they have moved the schedule starting September this year to be completed by the end of 2025. No new legislation is needed for this and the people driving the change are the DWP themselves who will not change even with a GE. Benefitsandwork.co.uk are advising that this it is highly likely that this cannot now be changed so is advising all members to get ready for the migration as no-one knows who is going to be first and where. I have challenged you about giving this advice before when we know for sure this has now changed. Please can you read up and alter your advice accordingly. Many people would like to be ready when the letter drops, and I wouldn't advise anyone to do it without the help of a benefits advisor and they are not always easy to get appointments with. 
  • Bostankhan22
    Options
    Why they having a go at poppy, I was not asking about migration hut the workwell program that apparently starts in October and bpd mental health for which I get the enhanced rate. 
  • poppy123456
    Options
    Meg24 said:

Poppy that is not correct. Neil Couling himself has confirmed that they have moved the schedule starting September this year to be completed by the end of 2025. No new legislation is needed for this and the people driving the change are the DWP themselves who will not change even with a GE. Benefitsandwork.co.uk are advising that this it is highly likely that this cannot now be changed so is advising all members to get ready for the migration as no-one knows who is going to be first and where. I have challenged you about giving this advice before when we know for sure this has now changed. Please can you read up and alter your advice accordingly. Many people would like to be ready when the letter drops, and I wouldn't advise anyone to do it without the help of a benefits advisor and they are not always easy to get appointments with. 
    I haven't seen anything official and until I do I will continue to advise as I am now.  If anyone needs advice when the time comes I'll be here, just like I am every other single day of the week. 

I also put together a guide in the UC section which you and everyone else can read, it's a sticky at the top of that section. That guide includes information for those claiming ESA.