Migration letters — Scope | Disability forum
If we become concerned about you or anyone else while using one of our services, we will act in line with our safeguarding policy and procedures. This may involve sharing this information with relevant authorities to ensure we comply with our policies and legal obligations.

Find out how to let us know if you're concerned about another member's safety.
Please read our updated community house rules and community guidelines.

Migration letters

Options
Bostankhan22
Bostankhan22 Community member Posts: 17 Connected
Hi just need abit of advice. I am on esa in the support group aswell as enhanced pip. Will I be affected by this migration letters that are been sent out soon to switch to universal credit. I am abit confused if anyone can shed any light please 

Comments

• poppy123456
    poppy123456 Community member Posts: 54,714 Disability Gamechanger
    Options
    Unless you're currently claiming Tax Credits then you won't be migrated across to UC until at least 2028, unless a change of circumstances prompts a move in the meantime. 

Although if your ESA is either the old contributions based or New style then you won't migration across because both are not part of UC. 
    I would appreciate it if members wouldn't tag me please. I have all notifcations turned off and wouldn't want a member thinking i'm being rude by not replying.
    If i see a question that i know the answer to i will try my best to help.
  • Bostankhan22
    Options
    Can anyone shed any light on this new idea of scrapping pip for talk therapy. What is this proposal by the prime minister and when does it plan to go ahead. I'm very worried and anxious and my health isn't good at the best of times and this has triggered my anxiety levels sky high. Can anyone advise.
  • poppy123456
    Options
    Can anyone shed any light on this new idea of scrapping pip for talk therapy. What is this proposal by the prime minister and when does it plan to go ahead. I'm very worried and anxious and my health isn't good at the best of times and this has triggered my anxiety levels sky high. Can anyone advise.
    There's been many threads regarding this in the past couple of days. No one knows what may happen yet because no exact details have been announced. It may not even go ahead. For this reason no one can tell you anything other than what he mentioned in his speech. 
    I would appreciate it if members wouldn't tag me please. I have all notifcations turned off and wouldn't want a member thinking i'm being rude by not replying.
  • Bostankhan22
    Options
    Can anyone tell me if and when pip stops as I get the enhanced part? My daughter cares for me and gets carers allowance, will that stop too as its related to pip or will my daughter still get carers allowance. 
  • poppy123456
    Options
    Can anyone tell me if and when pip stops as I get the enhanced part? My daughter cares for me and gets carers allowance, will that stop too as its related to pip or will my daughter still get carers allowance. 
    If your daily living PIP stops at any time then carers allowance will also stop. This is because you need to be claiming a qualifying disability benefit for someone to claim either carers allowance or carers element of UC for looking after you. 
  • Bostankhan22
    Options
    Ok poppy thankyou, my daughter get universal credit but its gone down but topped up with the carers allowance. So how will that work, don't these government who trying to get rid of the pip realise the impact on carers allowance and the care which we so desperately need. But thankyou poppy
  • poppy123456
    Options
    Ok poppy thankyou, my daughter get universal credit but its gone down but topped up with the carers allowance. So how will that work, don't these government who trying to get rid of the pip realise the impact on carers allowance and the care which we so desperately need. But thankyou poppy
    Yes carers allowance is always deducted in full from any UC entitlement. She needs to make sure her UC includes the carers element, providing she doesn't receive the LCWRA element of UC for herself. 

As for your other question on carers allowance, there's no changes been made to PIP yet and everything remains as it is until those changes happen BUT they may never happen. 

Brightness

Complete our feedback form and tell us how we can make the community better.