pip and tax credits — Scope | Disability forum
Please read our updated community house rules and community guidelines.

pip and tax credits

Options
anne83
anne83 Community member Posts: 1 Listener
would I can get tax credits if I got enhanded living and enhanded mobility rate? I am working 16 hours per week.

Comments

• BenefitsTrainingCo
    BenefitsTrainingCo Community member Posts: 2,621 Pioneering
    Options
    Hello. The answer to this is not straightforward, as access to working tax credit at 16+hours of work a week on the basis of being a 'disabled worker' depends not only on whether you get DLA or PIP, but also on whether HMRC also view you as 'having a disability which puts you at a disadvantage in getting a job'. Any award will also depend on your income and capital, and that of your partner, if you have one. If you are able to access working tax credit, and you are viewed as a 'disabled worker', then you can have an extra 'disabled worker element' added into your working tax credit of up to £3000 a year. Also, your enhanced rate of daily living PIP will entitle you to an additional extra amount within your working tax credit - this is called the 'severe disability element' and is worth up to £1290 per year. The best way to find out more about your entitlement is to use the benefits calculator on this Scope Website - if you get all your information about benefits and earnings to hand, and work through the questions on the calculator, you will get a really good idea of how your benefits would be worked out, and I would definitely pursue a claim for working tax credit, and anything else you may be entitled to, such as, perhaps, help with your housing costs and council tax. I hope this helps!
    Jayne
    The Benefits Training Co:

Brightness

Do you need advice on your energy costs?

Scope’s Disability Energy Support service is open to any disabled household in England or Wales in which one or more disabled people live. You can get free advice from an expert adviser on managing energy debt, switching tariffs, contacting your supplier and more. Find out more information by visiting our
Disability Energy Support webpage.