If this is your first visit, check out the community guide. You will have to Join us or Sign in before you can post.

pip and tax credits

anne83anne83 Member Posts: 1 Listener
would I can get tax credits if I got enhanded living and enhanded mobility rate? I am working 16 hours per week.


  • BenefitsTrainingCoBenefitsTrainingCo Member Posts: 2,692 Pioneering
    Hello. The answer to this is not straightforward, as access to working tax credit at 16+hours of work a week on the basis of being a 'disabled worker' depends not only on whether you get DLA or PIP, but also on whether HMRC also view you as 'having a disability which puts you at a disadvantage in getting a job'. Any award will also depend on your income and capital, and that of your partner, if you have one. If you are able to access working tax credit, and you are viewed as a 'disabled worker', then you can have an extra 'disabled worker element' added into your working tax credit of up to £3000 a year. Also, your enhanced rate of daily living PIP will entitle you to an additional extra amount within your working tax credit - this is called the 'severe disability element' and is worth up to £1290 per year. The best way to find out more about your entitlement is to use the benefits calculator on this Scope Website - if you get all your information about benefits and earnings to hand, and work through the questions on the calculator, you will get a really good idea of how your benefits would be worked out, and I would definitely pursue a claim for working tax credit, and anything else you may be entitled to, such as, perhaps, help with your housing costs and council tax. I hope this helps!
    The Benefits Training Co:
    Paul Bradley
    Michael Chambers
    Will Hadwen
    Sarah Hayle
    Maria Solomon
    David Stickland
Sign in or join us to comment.