New reaction button suggestions - Page 4 — Scope | Disability forum
If we become concerned about you or anyone else while using one of our services, we will act in line with our safeguarding policy and procedures. This may involve sharing this information with relevant authorities to ensure we comply with our policies and legal obligations.

Find out how to let us know if you're concerned about another member's safety.
Please read our updated community house rules and community guidelines.

New reaction button suggestions

Options
124»

Comments

• Tori_Scope
    Tori_Scope Scope Posts: 12,493 Disability Gamechanger
    Options
    Closed pending review
    National Campaigns Officer, she/her

Check out our Playground Accessibility Map
  • Tori_Scope
    Tori_Scope Scope Posts: 12,493 Disability Gamechanger
    Options
    Hi all,

I appreciate that the debates around 'helpful' vs. 'unhelpful' advice are somewhat relevant to the discussion around whether there should be an 'unhelpful' reaction, but it does seem as though parts of the thread have gone quite far off topic. 
    i'm beginning to wonder why scope thought this should be open to debate, their forum their rules.
    As @Sandy_123 said: 
    The idea of this thread was for scope to get suggestions from its users
    As the community team, we obviously have our own individual views on what reactions we should have (if any) available on the community. However, it's important to us that we take members' opinions into account when making decisions about the community. 

I think it's fair to say that we're not really considering having negative reactions on the community at this point. That's not to say that there's no argument for having them, but we don't think it'd add anything positive to the community at this time. 

We'll be keeping this thread open for now, as we'd like to hear other ideas that you may have. Please keep the discussion civil and positive, and directly related to ideas on reactions.

National Campaigns Officer, she/her

Check out our Playground Accessibility Map
  • leeCal
    leeCal Community member Posts: 7,550 Disability Gamechanger
    Options
    As I said I think a thanks button would be useful though I use the like button for that purpose at the moment. I wouldn’t mind seeing the insightful button go. I use the awesome button if I really agree with someone or I find it very funnyetc. I’ve never used any buttons in a passive aggressive manner, it hadn’t occurred to me to do so.

“This is my simple religion. No need for temples. No need for complicated philosophy. Your own mind, your own heart is the temple. Your philosophy is simple kindness.” 
    ― Dalai Lama XIV

• Lisatho11987777
    Lisatho11987777 Scope Member Posts: 5,911 Disability Gamechanger
    Options
  • Lisatho11987777
    Lisatho11987777 Scope Member Posts: 5,911 Disability Gamechanger
    Options
    A help button as sometimes  people aren't good at explaining what they need or may not understand the advice given 

Brightness

Complete our feedback form and tell us how we can make the community better.