New reaction button suggestions - Page 2 — Scope | Disability forum
If we become concerned about you or anyone else while using one of our services, we will act in line with our safeguarding policy and procedures. This may involve sharing this information with relevant authorities to ensure we comply with our policies and legal obligations.

Find out how to let us know if you're concerned about another member's safety.
Please read our updated community house rules and community guidelines.

New reaction button suggestions

Options

Comments

• janer1967
    janer1967 Community member Posts: 21,964 Disability Gamechanger
    Options
    Unhelpful button would be a very negative option and not at all respectful of the person that has spent the time and effort to respond 

What may be Unhelpful to one person maybe very helpful to others 
  • woodbine
    woodbine Community member Posts: 11,621 Disability Gamechanger
    Options
    I think we have to stick with options that are positive we don't need any negativity.
    2024 The year of the general election...the time for change is coming 💡

• L_Volunteer
    L_Volunteer Community Volunteer Adviser, Scope Member Posts: 7,978 Disability Gamechanger
    edited October 2021
    Options
    I love the positivity and support in this thread. For me, I would want to add a hug button!  :)
    Community Volunteer Adviser with professional knowledge of education, special educational needs and disabilities and EHCP's. Pronouns: She/her. 

Please note: if I use the online community outside of its hours of administration, I am doing so in a personal capacity only.
  • Cress
    Cress Community member Posts: 1,012 Pioneering
    Options

And yet it appears that didn't happen so common sense prevailed.

• Cress
    Options
    Well, one person.
  • Cress
    Options

You can keep your passive aggressive likes to yourself... :D
  • chiarieds
    chiarieds Community member Posts: 16,103 Disability Gamechanger
    Options
    What do we all think? There seems to some consensus of opinion that, if Scope consider what has been said above, that either we shouldn't have any reaction buttons at all, or perhaps just one or 2. What Ami has said makes a lot of sense to me; you can't respond to all 3 current options, so simplify it down to one or 2 (if we have to).
    Altho, as Mike intimates, there was some discussion earlier this year, I think it was in general about a member contributing, hopefully positively (& they might have been a member for a while), & tho 'likes' may have been mentioned, I admit to not remembering these specifically. I'm not aware of a single member being racist, tho a few new members on occasion have unfortunately become abusive.  Everyone should be moderated equally, but, if we put our trust in the Scope team, they will moderate to the best of their ability, & weigh up the 'pros' & 'cons' too; that's also hopefully part of the equation.....things are not always black & white, unless they're facts!
  • colet
    colet CP Network, Scope Member Posts: 101 Pioneering
    Options
    1. like ?? 
    2. Helpful ?
    3. Thanks ? 

• woodbine
    Options
    Whenever this question has been raised I have always suggested to scope that a "thanks" button would be a good idea so i'm not going to change my mind on that one.  :)

• Justcheckingin15
    Justcheckingin15 Community member Posts: 370 Pioneering
    Options
    Just wondering...Can we actually 'see' who has liked a post?
  • calcotti
    calcotti Community member Posts: 10,010 Disability Gamechanger
    Options
    Yes, you simply hover over before doing your own.
    Unfortunately i have occasionally clicked by mistake and ended up as 'liking' a post I certainly didn't!
    Information I post is for England unless otherwise stated. Rules may be different in other parts of UK.
  • Lisatho11987777
    Lisatho11987777 Scope Member Posts: 5,911 Disability Gamechanger
    Options
    I suggested a unhelpful button not in a negative lots of sites ask was this helpful what is the point of people saying similar things if the information isn't helping  if we were to say the information was unhelpful  people get in trouble not everything is helpful  and as people said people take time to write things so if it's not helpful isn't it better to say so  ????

It's how life is 
  • Lisatho11987777
    Options
    A forum is real life so would you go round saying to people because of a comment outside when your out or on the phone or hsve a meeting would you continously  tell people I like  it its awesome  sometimes things said on here dint match what realy happens in life  not being nasty or rude  
  • calcotti
    calcotti Community member Posts: 10,010 Disability Gamechanger
    Options
    calcotti said:
    Yes, you simply hover over before doing your own.
    Unfortunately i have occasionally clicked by mistake and ended up as 'liking' a post I certainly didn't!
    A second click sorts that. However, one might ask where those instructions are on the site given the differing IT skills people inevitably have.
    I wish I'd known that!
    Information I post is for England unless otherwise stated. Rules may be different in other parts of UK.
  • poppy123456
    poppy123456 Community member Posts: 54,042 Disability Gamechanger
    Options
    A forum is real life so would you go round saying to people because of a comment outside when your out or on the phone or hsve a meeting would you continously  tell people I like  it its awesome  sometimes things said on here dint match what realy happens in life  not being nasty or rude  

Sorry but an unhelpful button would be extremely rude and very disrespectful to members who spend so much time helping others. If someone doesn't like a comment there's the "flag" button where it can be reported discreetly.
    I would appreciate it if members wouldn't tag me please. I have all notifcations turned off and wouldn't want a member thinking i'm being rude by not replying.
    If i see a question that i know the answer to i will try my best to help.
  • chiarieds
    chiarieds Community member Posts: 16,103 Disability Gamechanger
    edited October 2021
    Options
    I don't think any member here posts a comment that they think is unhelpful. A member might post info that is inaccurate or misleading, in which case a member of the Scope team, or other members, try to correct the misinformation.
    How would a new member react if an 'Unhelpful' button was used for their post? Surely better to give a reply instead.
    As mentioned above, many members give advice, so again surely it's better if a member doesn't understand the advice given, to say so, rather than use an 'unhelpful' button.
    And of course such an 'unhelpful' button wouldn't be misused. The removal of the 'Spam' button was a welcome relief, I don't think we need any buttons that can be perceived negatively.
    Is life so short that we can't text a few words, but have to rely on buttons to express what we mean?
  • woodbine
    Options
    There are occasions when people give advice which is wrong/incorrect/out of context, I think thats what @lisathomas50 was getting at.
    But personally I think we have to keep the "buttons" positive, and i'm beginning to wonder why scope thought this should be open to debate, their forum their rules.

• Lisatho11987777
    Options
    So is it just better to say that the information isn't helpful if it isn't  ?? If I typed a response to someone i would want to know if it was helpful vice versa if I was given information that wasn't helpful I would say it wasn't because if you don't there would be lots of comments similar 

Isn't it better to say the information isn't helpful then I supose it could be explained why  when people type people read things in a different way so give advice thst the poster isn't realy asking for then threads go wrong because people get frustrated 
  • poppy123456
    poppy123456 Community member Posts: 54,042 Disability Gamechanger
    Options
    Sometimes the advice that's given is fact and not someones opinion. For this reason there's not much that can be done if someone disagrees.... there's also a flag button that you can use if you don't like the advice that was given.
    I would appreciate it if members wouldn't tag me please. I have all notifcations turned off and wouldn't want a member thinking i'm being rude by not replying.
    If i see a question that i know the answer to i will try my best to help.
  • OverlyAnxious
    OverlyAnxious Community member Posts: 2,616 Disability Gamechanger
    edited October 2021
    Options
    Just wondering...Can we actually 'see' who has liked a post?
    You can hover over it on PC as above.  But because it's a 'hover' function, it doesn't work on touchscreen mobile devices. 

Brightness

Complete our feedback form and tell us how we can make the community better.