Remaining politically neutral during General Election 2024

Under guidance from the Electoral Commission and Charity Commission, it's important that Scope remains politically neutral during General Elections.

While we understand that this period will see many passionate discussions and do not want to discourage open discussion, we cannot allow discussions which are purely intended to influence voting.

As ever, please make sure that your comments remain respectful of other people's opinions and keep to our online community house rules.

Football

Options

Comments

• Ross_Alumni
    Ross_Alumni Scope alumni Posts: 7,652 Disability Gamechanger
    Options
    @Richard_Scope
    Agreed, it'll be an entertaining match for sure. Scary as a Leeds fan, but entertaining all the same. 

@WestHam06
    That is a tricky first few fixtures... Leeds' start isn't too bad, we play Liverpool and Man City in the first few weeks but it's a decent start aside from that. How are you feeling about West Ham's chances? 
    Online Community Coordinator

Concerned about another member's safety or wellbeing? Flag your concerns with us.

Did you receive a helpful reply to your discussion? Fill out our feedback form and let us know about it.
  • WestHam06
    WestHam06 Community member, Scope Volunteer Posts: 1,396 Pioneering
    Options
    Hi @Ross_Scope
                                 I've just checked out Leeds fixtures and you're right not too bad though you do have to face the two best teams in the league in the first few weeks. That said I think Leeds will do really well this season. As for West Ham, we desperately need to make some signings and need to let people like Anderson go as they are overpaid and not performing. In January Moyes signed Bowen and Soucek and they have been top class since they joined us. West Ham are not a top 6 side and once our board except that we can focus on buying players who want to play for the shirt and in truth that is all West Ham fans want and in time it will have the desired affect. We know we won't win the league so I don't understand why we don't try to put together a cup run, we'd love that. The trouble with West Ham, we don't have the appropriate board and until then I don't see much changing. I think we'll be ok but I think we will still finish in the bottom half which is not good enough and I do worry about the depth of our squad, but we'll see. Thank you.
  • Ross_Alumni
    Options
    @WestHam06
    I thought Bowen was a fantastic signing, he could be one of the top players in the league one day. The way your club is ran definitely is a point of contention, they've spent money in the past couple seasons but it hardly seems to be on the right players.

Leeds haven't made any signings yet, but apparently they're trying to.

Concerned about another member's safety or wellbeing? Flag your concerns with us.

Did you receive a helpful reply to your discussion? Fill out our feedback form and let us know about it.
  • Richard_Scope
    Richard_Scope Posts: 3,631 Scope online community team
    Options
    Chelsea is acting like my grandma in the January sales.

Scope
    Cerebral Palsy Programme Lead

'Concerned about another member's safety or wellbeing? Flag your concerns with us.'

Want to tell us about your experience in the community? Talk to our

chatbot

and let us know.

• WestHam06
    Options
    Hi @Ross_Scope
                                  I completely agree, West Ham have made some 'massive' signings in the past couple of seasons and not one of them have been anywhere as good as what they should have been. The problem is West Ham can't manage 'big' players. I also agree about what you say about Bowen, he is definitely one to keep an eye out for, that said after a good season and interest from the big teams will come and the board will slap a big price tag on him and more than likely sell him on. I was so worried that was what was going to happen with Declan Rice and I think he will move on after this season because he is good enough to be winning trophies. Having said that he appears to be remaining loyal at the moment which is a breath of fresh air. I think the best signing we have made in the past few seasons is Payet, he brought the fans that special football we crave to see and it is a shame it ended the way it did, but I hold nothing against Payet, pure quality and a joy to watch. I think now though we should just focus on our youth, we have some great players including Grady Diangana, great season on loan at West Brom, just hope we can keep him and build on from youth and around Rice :) How are Leeds doing in the transfer window? Thank you.
  • WestHam06
    Options
    Please may I ask, what are people thinking about the Messi situation? Thank you.
  • Richard_Scope
    Richard_Scope Posts: 3,631 Scope online community team
    Options
    WestHam06 said:
    Please may I ask, what are people thinking about the Messi situation? Thank you.
    He is doing it to try to get the current Barca president to step down or another massive contract.

Scope
    Cerebral Palsy Programme Lead

'Concerned about another member's safety or wellbeing? Flag your concerns with us.'

Want to tell us about your experience in the community? Talk to our

chatbot

and let us know.

• Adrian_Scope
    Adrian_Scope Posts: 11,298 Scope online community team
    edited August 2020
    Options
    I'd be very surprised if he goes anywhere. I doubt he wants to challenge himself with the pace of the Premier League at this stage of his career. As @Richard_Scope said, it's a political move.
    I think you're more likely to see him in Italy than at Man City, but nobody in Serie A could afford to pay his wages.
    Community Manager
    Scope
  • WestHam06
    Options
    Hi @Richard_Scope
                                       How are you? I completely agree and I think he will succeed, I can't imagine him not playing for Barcelona, he has been with them since he was about 13 years old, it's just a matter of time. Thank you.  
  • WestHam06
    Options
    Absolutely @Adrian_Scope, it's a shame though in a way, that players have so much power these days, that said if Mark Noble said he was putting in a transfer request due to the board, I would be so cross with the board so I do understand how Messi can have so much say. I just wish West Ham had new owners in the pipe line LOL Please may I ask what do you make of Arsenal's transfer market so far? Thank you.
  • Ross_Alumni
    Options
    I guess £1 million a week isn't enough for Messi :D 

I do think the poor management at Barca has ruined his prime years. It's a shame to see him almost drifting towards the end of his career, I actually think a move would be good for him because I can't see Barca challenging any time soon for the Champions League

• WestHam06
    Options
    Hi @Ross_Scope
                                 It is a shame as he is probably the best player in the world. Though I don't think this will happen, if Messi were to move say to Man City, how do you think he would get on in the Premiership? Thank you.
  • Globster
    Globster Community member, Community Volunteer Host, CP Network, Scope Member Posts: 2,482 Disability Gamechanger
    Options
    Hello @Ross_Scope
    @WestHam06
    I think it would be a shame to see messi leave Barcelona 
    he is world class player 
    I have to say the club president and the manager saying he wanted to let luis Suaiz go has made messi make this decision 

I do think  messi will be a fantastic addition to Man City if peep could persuade him
     I look forward  to hear others views on this 

I am a Community Volunteer Host. Please note: if I use the online community outside of its hours of administration, I am doing so in a personal capacity only.

• WestHam06
    Options
    Hi @Globster
                            Thank you for sharing you're thoughts. I agree that it is to do with the manager and the President and I think that is what a lot of people feel it comes down to. I don't think Messi will go to City but if he does I personally think he will struggle, he is heading towards the end of his career and the Premier League is played at such a pace, I think he will get caught out. If this happens, it will be a shame to see him in this position given what a world class player he is. Off to watch the Women's Community Shield now. Thank you. 
  • WestHam06
    Options
    Congratulations to Chelsea Women on winning the FA Community Shield :) Well played and well deserved, though the turning point was Jill Scott being sent off for Manchester City. Congratulations :) Thank you. 
  • Globster
    Globster Community member, Community Volunteer Host, CP Network, Scope Member Posts: 2,482 Disability Gamechanger
    Options
    @WestHam06
    who do you recon will win the men community shield game today? 

I am a Community Volunteer Host. Please note: if I use the online community outside of its hours of administration, I am doing so in a personal capacity only.

• Cher_Alumni
    Cher_Alumni Scope alumni Posts: 5,740 Disability Gamechanger
    Options
    It's looking like it's going to Arsenal!
    Online Community Co-ordinator

Want to tell us about your experience on the online community?  Talk to our chatbot and let us know.

• Globster
    Options
    @Cher_Scope
    Arsenal win first silverware of the season 
    I must stay congregations to the arsenal team  for winning today
    I think the Liverpool player did not look up for the game
    I think Liverpool manager  Jürgen Klopp will get the team ready opening game of new premiership season

I would look hearing  other people  views

• WestHam06
    Options
    Hi @Globster
                           Sorry I was unable to answer your question yesterday. I would have gone with Liverpool but Arsenal did the job, even if it did go to penalties. Congratulations to Arsenal :)  I didn't see the game, did you? I think Liverpool will win the Premier League again this season, please may I ask who you think will win it? Thank you.
  • Globster
    Options
    @WestHam06
    i agree with you I also think Liverpool win the league again 

Complete our feedback form and tell us how we can make the community better.
If we become concerned about you or anyone else while using one of our services, we will act in line with our safeguarding policy and procedures. This may involve sharing this information with relevant authorities to ensure we comply with our policies and legal obligations.

Find out how to let us know if you're concerned about another member's safety.