Remaining politically neutral during General Election 2024

Under guidance from the Electoral Commission and Charity Commission, it's important that Scope remains politically neutral during General Elections.

While we understand that this period will see many passionate discussions and do not want to discourage open discussion, we cannot allow discussions which are purely intended to influence voting.

As ever, please make sure that your comments remain respectful of other people's opinions and keep to our online community house rules.

Football

Options

Comments

• Richard_Scope
    Richard_Scope Posts: 3,631 Scope online community team
    Options
    I would say McGinn as well. He's more consistent.

Scope
    Cerebral Palsy Programme Lead

'Concerned about another member's safety or wellbeing? Flag your concerns with us.'

Want to tell us about your experience in the community? Talk to our

chatbot

and let us know.

• Globster
    Globster Community member, Community Volunteer Host, CP Network, Scope Member Posts: 2,481 Disability Gamechanger
    Options
    @WestHam06 Richard_Scope 
    I do agree with you both that John is more consistent for Villa 
    Do you recon Villa do need a proven goalscorer for next season? 
    I look for to hear what other people in community views.

I am a Community Volunteer Host. Please note: if I use the online community outside of its hours of administration, I am doing so in a personal capacity only.

• WestHam06
    WestHam06 Community member, Scope Volunteer Posts: 1,396 Pioneering
    Options
    Hi @Globster
                           Great question. I do think Villa need a proven goal scorer next season. I know they have Wesley but I think they  definitely need another striker as once he was injured they struggled to get goals from strikers. Who do you think would be a good striker for them to buy? Do you think Jack Grealish will stay? Thank you. 
  • Adrian_Scope
    Adrian_Scope Posts: 11,298 Scope online community team
    Options
    I think Grealish will be on his way. Somebody will be willing to pay over the odds for him.

Who are picking for the FA Cup final?
    Community Manager
    Scope
  • Globster
    Globster Community member, Community Volunteer Host, CP Network, Scope Member Posts: 2,481 Disability Gamechanger
    edited July 2020
    Options
    @Adrian_Scope I think grinesh  will go but someone will buy him
    Do you think someone will buy Callum Wilson from Bournemouth?  
    Do think Villa should Callum Wilson from Bournemouth because it a proven goalscorer?
    I would appreciate hearing what others views are? 

I think Arsenal will beat Chelsea in the fa cup final.
     I would appreciate hearing what others views are?  

I am a Community Volunteer Host. Please note: if I use the online community outside of its hours of administration, I am doing so in a personal capacity only.

• WestHam06
    Options
    Hi @Adrian_Scope
                                     I really do think that Arsenal will beat Chelsea today but I am really hoping that they will win it as well.  COME ON ARSENAL! :) 
    Also, I agree with what you say about Grealish, with all respect I think he is overrated. Thank you. 
  • WestHam06
    Options
    Hi @Globster
                           I do think that Callum Wilson will leave Bournemouth, but I'm not sure he will go to Aston Villa though they should go for him as I think he would be a great addition to any squad and they are in need of a goal scorer. It will be interesting to see where Wilson ends up. Thank you. 
  • WestHam06
    Options
    Massive congratulations to Arsenal, so thoroughly deserved as you were by far the better team :) What about that FA Cup lift though, one of the more memorable ones :) And what made the win all the more sweet for me was that myself and my family all guessed the score and I was the only one to get it right :) Please may I ask, what are people's thoughts on  Aubameyang's future, does it lie at Arsenal? Thank you. 
  • Adrian_Scope
    Adrian_Scope Posts: 11,298 Scope online community team
    edited August 2020
    Options
    I think Auba will stick around for another season. He'll be 32 by then which will make him prime age to become a galactico.

The match was quite comfortable after the first 10 minutes, even if the lift was a bit painful to watch! :lol:

I'm sure someone will buy Callum Wilson. As you say, he's a proven goalscorer and in the prime of his career. Seems a perfect fit for a mid-table side.
    Community Manager
    Scope
  • Ross_Alumni
    Ross_Alumni Scope alumni Posts: 7,652 Disability Gamechanger
    Options
    @Adrian_Scope I agree with you completely about Callum Wilson, he's way too good for the Championship, as are quite a few of Bournemouth and Watford's players. 

What did you all think of the playoff final and Fulham making it back to the Premier League?
    Online Community Coordinator

Concerned about another member's safety or wellbeing? Flag your concerns with us.

Did you receive a helpful reply to your discussion? Fill out our feedback form and let us know about it.
  • Richard_Scope
    Options
    I thought the Playoff Final was a dull match, to be honest. I'd heard and read great things about that Brentford side. 

Scope

'Concerned about another member's safety or wellbeing? Flag your concerns with us.'

chatbot

and let us know.

• WestHam06
    Options
    The play-off final was fairly dull but I always tend to think they are built up and then are a little bit of an anti-climax, though that is just my opinion. I mean given that it is one of the richest games in football, I thought it lacked quality. You're right @Richard_Scope Brentford are a great side but I always felt they were never destined to win the play-off's. They had the chance to go out automatically, I believe out of three games left they only had to win one and given their form I would of thought they could have done this, especially given the teams they had to play, but they didn't. I think Fulham will have a tough time next season but Scott Parker is a fantastic young and upcoming manager so I think if they stick with him they are destined for great things in the future. Thank you. 
  • WestHam06
    Options
    Hi everyone, 
                        Hope everyone is well. I do this every year before the season's fixtures are released for a bit of fun. I predict the first game of the season for West Ham. I thought perhaps other people may like to try to predict their team's first game of the season.  Please join in if you would like too. My prediction is Newcastle vs West Ham. Thank you/. 
  • Cher_Alumni
    Cher_Alumni Scope alumni Posts: 5,740 Disability Gamechanger
    Options
    Thought I'd add my two-penneth and publicly pledge allegiance to Barnsley FC! We have just survived being relegated this year and I am so proud of the lads :) Come on you reeeeds.
    Online Community Co-ordinator

Want to tell us about your experience on the online community?  Talk to our chatbot and let us know.

Concerned about another member's safety or wellbeing? Flag your concerns with us.
  • Rechnin
    Rechnin Community member Posts: 89 Courageous
    Options
    Local girl, huh, up the Millers!
  • Cher_Alumni
    Options
    How did the millers do this season @Rechnin ? and yes you have a local rival in your midst :D

Want to tell us about your experience on the online community?  Talk to our chatbot and let us know.

• Rechnin
    Options
    @Cher_Scope They will be playing Barnsley next season in the Championship! (thought, honestly, I am more in to Serie A)
  • Cher_Alumni
    Options
    @Rechnin Oakwell or the San Siro?  No competition, Oakwell every time! 

• Rechnin
    Options
    I agree, though the Gewiss Stadium is even better!
  • Richard_Scope
    Options
    I have a feeling my boys will be away to Leeds, first game.

Scope

chatbot

and let us know.

Complete our feedback form and tell us how we can make the community better.
If we become concerned about you or anyone else while using one of our services, we will act in line with our safeguarding policy and procedures. This may involve sharing this information with relevant authorities to ensure we comply with our policies and legal obligations.

Find out how to let us know if you're concerned about another member's safety.