Remaining politically neutral during General Election 2024

Under guidance from the Electoral Commission and Charity Commission, it's important that Scope remains politically neutral during General Elections.

While we understand that this period will see many passionate discussions and do not want to discourage open discussion, we cannot allow discussions which are purely intended to influence voting.

As ever, please make sure that your comments remain respectful of other people's opinions and keep to our online community house rules.

Football

Options

Comments

• Richard_Scope
    Richard_Scope Posts: 3,677 Scope online community team
    Options
    David Luiz is not good enough.

Scope
    Cerebral Palsy Programme Lead

'Concerned about another member's safety or wellbeing? Flag your concerns with us.'

Want to tell us about your experience in the community? Talk to our

chatbot

and let us know.

• Globster
    Globster Community member, Community Volunteer Host, CP Network, Scope Member Posts: 2,472 Disability Gamechanger
    Options
    @Richard_Scope
    I think arsenal had a good chance to beat spurs
    I think it sad that racism has no place in football?
    I look forward to hearing other people thoughts

I am a Community Volunteer Host. Please note: if I use the online community outside of its hours of administration, I am doing so in a personal capacity only.

• Adrian_Scope
    Adrian_Scope Posts: 11,280 Scope online community team
    Options
    For the rest of the season, Arsenal should just do away with centre halves and simply try to press further up the pitch and outscore the opposition.
    Community Manager
    Scope
  • Richard_Scope
    Options
    A bit like Kevin Keegan's Newcastle?

Scope

'Concerned about another member's safety or wellbeing? Flag your concerns with us.'

chatbot

and let us know.

• Adrian_Scope
    Options
    Why not? Can't be any worse than whatever the heck Mustafi and David Luiz have been doing.
    Community Manager
    Scope
  • Richard_Scope
    Options
    It would make for exciting matches!

Scope

chatbot

and let us know.

• WestHam06
    WestHam06 Community member, Scope Volunteer Posts: 1,396 Pioneering
    Options
    Massive congratulations to Arsenal for making the FA Cup Final. I am sure we have many happy Arsenal fans waking up this morning. Well done :) Thank you.
  • serenity2
    serenity2 Community member Posts: 250 Pioneering
    edited July 2020
    Options
    I second that @WestHam06
    well done to Arsenal oh and Leeds ...just goes to show ya 
    you can never be sure in footy, what’s gonna happen ?
     :)
    Best Wishes
    serenity2 
  • WestHam06
    Options
    Congratulations to Chelsea for making the FA Cup Final :) Looks as thought it is going to be a fantastic final on Saturday 1st August, I wonder who the winners will be :) (Come on Arsenal) :) Thank you. 
  • WestHam06
    Options
    Also, a couple of massive couple of games tonight down in the relegation battle, any thoughts on Watford's decision to sack Nigel Pearson with two games to go? I thought it was a little harsh, after watching the game on Friday night, I thought they showed an appalling first half display, particularly the wing backs, but in the second half they massively improved. There were some questionable individual performances but how much of that is down to the manager, particularly given the response in the second half. He obviously had words at half time. Thank you.  
  • Adrian_Scope
    Options
    I just don't understand why you would sack a manager when you're out of the relegation zone but perched above it so precariously. Unless they're hoping to force a response from the players by introducing a new manager. There's certainly little Pearson's replacement can hope to do with so little wiggle room between now and the end of the season.
    Community Manager
    Scope
  • Richard_Scope
    Options
    The sacking makes little sense to me. Pearson is a very straight talker, I can only speculate that something was said after the defeat to West Ham. Troy Deeney has already denied that there was a bust-up in the dressing room. Which usually means that there was.

Scope

chatbot

and let us know.

• Globster
    Globster Community member, Community Volunteer Host, CP Network, Scope Member Posts: 2,472 Disability Gamechanger
    Options
    I feel sacking of Pearson was a strange time. It is been a revolving door at Watford managers in the past few months
    When a player normal says nothing happened so definitely happened 
    I think the Watford owners only took the decision to replace the manager because Watford being just above the drop zone

I would like to ask the scope community which the other two teams will be relegated to the championship?
    I can also see Callum Willsion leaving Bournemouth I would appreciate to hear other peoples views?

I am a Community Volunteer Host. Please note: if I use the online community outside of its hours of administration, I am doing so in a personal capacity only.

• Adrian_Scope
    Options
    I reckon Bournemouth and Watford are for the drop. Callum Wilson will leave. He's in the prime of his career and can't be wasting it in the Championship.
    Community Manager
    Scope
  • Richard_Scope
    Options
    Looks like it's going to be an exciting last day of the season!

Scope

chatbot

and let us know.

• m_burrell82
    m_burrell82 Community member, Scope Member Posts: 171 Pioneering
    Options
    well, there are interesting Play Offs from the Championship to come!
  • Globster
    Options
    @m-burrell82
    It was pressures of last game in the championship last night  Swansea FC got into playoffs they were the dark horse

• WestHam06
    Options
    Hi @Globster
                           Really interesting question, I think it will be Bournemouth and Watford but it is all to play for as @Richard_Scope said it will be an exciting last day of the season :) If Bournemouth and Watford do go down credit to @Richard_Scope who I believe called this a few weeks ago. Thank you. 
  • WestHam06
    Options
    Hi @m-burrell82
                               Really looking forward to the Play-off's this year, some really good teams in there and as @Globster said Swansea, what a performance, sneaked in there. Please may I ask who do you think will win the Play-off's? I think it will be Brentford. Thank you. 
  • WestHam06
    Options
    Hi everyone,  
                   Please may I ask the following question as I am really interested to hear people's views on it. Who is the better play, Jack Grealish or John McGinn? For me it has to be John McGinn as I feel he is more versatile. Thank you. 
Complete our feedback form and tell us how we can make the community better.
If we become concerned about you or anyone else while using one of our services, we will act in line with our safeguarding policy and procedures. This may involve sharing this information with relevant authorities to ensure we comply with our policies and legal obligations.

Find out how to let us know if you're concerned about another member's safety.