Remaining politically neutral during General Election 2024

Under guidance from the Electoral Commission and Charity Commission, it's important that Scope remains politically neutral during General Elections.

While we understand that this period will see many passionate discussions and do not want to discourage open discussion, we cannot allow discussions which are purely intended to influence voting.

As ever, please make sure that your comments remain respectful of other people's opinions and keep to our online community house rules.

Football

Options

Comments

• WestHam06
    WestHam06 Community member, Scope Volunteer Posts: 1,396 Pioneering
    Options
    Hi @Cher_Scope
                                  Thank you so much for joining the conversation. A Barnsley fan, that's great. How do you think they will do next season? Thank you.
  • Cher_Alumni
    Cher_Alumni Scope alumni Posts: 5,740 Disability Gamechanger
    Options
    Hi @WestHam06
    I hope we manage to stay in the Championship.  If we get to mid-table, I'll happily take that.  Unfortunately our good players always get poached by bigger teams so fingers crossed we don't take much of a hit over summer.

Online Community Co-ordinator

Want to tell us about your experience on the online community?  Talk to our chatbot and let us know.

Concerned about another member's safety or wellbeing? Flag your concerns with us.
  • Ross_Alumni
    Ross_Alumni Scope alumni Posts: 7,652 Disability Gamechanger
    Options
    @Cher_Scope

Leeds fan here, we got so lucky against you guys in that game that essentially confirmed our promotion. Your team played so well, the biggest challenge we had all season.

Online Community Coordinator

Concerned about another member's safety or wellbeing? Flag your concerns with us.

Did you receive a helpful reply to your discussion? Fill out our feedback form and let us know about it.
  • Ross_Alumni
    edited August 2020
    Options
    Poor result for Pep and Man City last night wasn't it? I fully expected them to go through 

Did you receive a helpful reply to your discussion? Fill out our feedback form and let us know about it.
  • WestHam06
    Options
    Hi @Ross_Scope
                                      Completely agree, very poor result especially when you consider how confident Pep was that they were going to win it this year. Now, this is a subject where I have had lots of discussion over the years and that is whether Man City are the best team in the world. I really disagree with this as I think Liverpool are, firstly because Liverpool have won both the Champions League and the World's Club Cup and secondly because Man City have spent lots of money to get the team they have whereas for Liverpool many of their players have really made a name for themselves at Liverpool including Salah and Robertson. I am not denying that City aren't a good team, I'm just not sure they have ever been the best. Thank you.
  • Globster
    Globster Community member, Community Volunteer Host, CP Network, Scope Member Posts: 2,482 Disability Gamechanger
    Options
    Hello 
    @WestHam06 @Ross_Scope
    I think this a definitely as a missed opportunity for trophies for manchester city 
    I think they will need strength their defence and goalkeeper for next season

I love forward to hear other people views 

I am a Community Volunteer Host. Please note: if I use the online community outside of its hours of administration, I am doing so in a personal capacity only.

• Ross_Alumni
    Options
    @WestHam06
    It's certainly an interesting discussion, who is the better team between Liverpool and Man City. For me, Liverpool are the better team at the moment, but Man City are better to watch, more entertaining and attractive. 

@Globster
    It is a missed opportunity for Man City, you're spot on there. With quite a few of the favourites knocked out, it was starting to look like it was their year. 

• Globster
    Globster Community member, Community Volunteer Host, CP Network, Scope Member Posts: 2,482 Disability Gamechanger
    Options
    @Ross_Scope
    i feel peeps got a bit egg on face but spending the whole week big up Manchester City chances of winning it I feel he will have eat his word I can say being confident and then being over confident I think Manchester City are lacking a leadership on the pitch after vinciant company left the club 

I would appreciate to hear about what other people views

I am a Community Volunteer Host. Please note: if I use the online community outside of its hours of administration, I am doing so in a personal capacity only.

• harry01
    harry01 Community member Posts: 226 Courageous
    Options
    I liked football a lot but found that it had been depressing to watch because it reminds me that I'm ill. I was tremendously talented in sport. 
  • Cher_Alumni
    Cher_Alumni Scope alumni Posts: 5,740 Disability Gamechanger
    Options
    @Cher_Scope

Leeds fan here, we got so lucky against you guys in that game that essentially confirmed our promotion. Your team played so well, the biggest challenge we had all season.

Thank you @Ross_Scope and congrats.. on … your … promotion.  I tried be graceful but that was so hard to say :D
    Online Community Co-ordinator

Want to tell us about your experience on the online community?  Talk to our chatbot and let us know.

• WestHam06
    Options
    Hi @Ross_Scope,
                                 I agree with what you have said :)  I do wonder what City would be like without Kevin De Bruyne as the way he can pick a pass is outstanding, potentially the best in the world. Please may ask how do you think they would get on if they didn't have him in their team? I mean when you look at when he is injured they tend to struggle more. Thank you. 
    @Globster City definitely need a better defender next year to play alongside LaPorte as when he is not in the team they don't have a replacement anywhere near his quality and if they are going to challenge for the Premiership you are absolutely right, they need to definitely strengthen the defence. Thank you. 
  • WestHam06
    Options
    Hi @harry01
                           Thank you for joining the conversation, it is always great to have another football admirer on the community :) Please may I ask do you support a team? I'm sorry to hear you are not well, that must be very difficult for you. If you would like to share more then please do if and when you are ready, there are many lovely people here on the community and we all support one another. Thank you. 
  • Globster
    Options
    @WestHam06
    What do think about Joe Hart signing for Spurs?
    What do Barcelona to unharmony with the players there?
    Do you think Manchester City will sign Lionel Messi to replace David silva 
    I look forward to hearing others views on the questions I have poised

• harry01
    harry01 Community member Posts: 226 Courageous
    Options
    @WestHam06 I used to follow Liverpool but probably stopped watching football in the last few seasons. 

I'm basically a fake follower as I supported them on the basis that someone told me to at 11. Before that I supported Aston Villa bizarrely on the basis that I liked the kit. It was the year when they beat Manchester United in the Coca-Cola cup. 

I have some world cup greatest goals videos and a random Liverpool Vs Newcastle match where the final score is 4-3. 

• Richard_Scope
    Richard_Scope Posts: 3,631 Scope online community team
    Options
    Hi, fellow footy people
    The fixtures have been released!!!
    2020/21 Fixtures
    Klopp vs El Loco exciting first fixture and not easy to predict.

How do you feel about your sides first match of the new season?

Scope
    Cerebral Palsy Programme Lead

'Concerned about another member's safety or wellbeing? Flag your concerns with us.'

Want to tell us about your experience in the community? Talk to our

chatbot

and let us know.

• Ross_Alumni
    Options
    @Richard_Scope
    Are you telling me we've got to play Liverpool first game? I'm hiding..

• WestHam06
    Options
    Hi @Richard_Scope
                                      Firstly, you and I were so close in our predictions of who our respective teams would be playing during the first game of the season, we both got the teams rights just the venues wrong but not bad guesses so well done on that one :) To be honest, I'm quite pleased with West Ham's first game of the season but then, and I know that ultimately you have to play everyone, but I do feel our next 6 fixtures are tough. They are as follow:
    Arsenal (A)
    Wolves (H)
    Leicester City (A)
    Tottenham (A)
    Manchester City (H)
    Liverpool (A)
    Other than Arsenal, who let's be fair are still regarded as a top 6 side, every side finished in the top 7 last season. I must admit I am slightly worried but remaining optimistic :) How are you feeling about Leeds at home? Thank you. 

• WestHam06
    Options
    Hi @Globster
                          I think that Joe Hart going to Spurs is an interesting one, he will be back up to Loris, but I don't really rate Joe Hart and other than when he played for City he has really struggled. I remember when he played for West Ham, I wasn't massively impressed though that is just my opinion. I think Messi will stay with Barcelona, it is all he has ever known and I think that he will want to end his career there, then again stranger things have happened. Thank you.
  • WestHam06
    Options
    That is fair enough @harry01, you can still enjoy the beautiful game without being a fan of a specific team. Thank you. 
  • Richard_Scope
    Richard_Scope Posts: 3,631 Scope online community team
    Options
    @Richard_Scope
    Are you telling me we've got to play Liverpool first game? I'm hiding..
    Yes, @Ross_Scope. It should be a belter of a game! Liverpool vs Leeds is always a great fixture. 

Scope
    Cerebral Palsy Programme Lead

'Concerned about another member's safety or wellbeing? Flag your concerns with us.'

Want to tell us about your experience in the community? Talk to our

chatbot

and let us know.

Complete our feedback form and tell us how we can make the community better.
If we become concerned about you or anyone else while using one of our services, we will act in line with our safeguarding policy and procedures. This may involve sharing this information with relevant authorities to ensure we comply with our policies and legal obligations.

Find out how to let us know if you're concerned about another member's safety.