Remaining politically neutral during General Election 2024

Under guidance from the Electoral Commission and Charity Commission, it's important that Scope remains politically neutral during General Elections.

While we understand that this period will see many passionate discussions and do not want to discourage open discussion, we cannot allow discussions which are purely intended to influence voting.

As ever, please make sure that your comments remain respectful of other people's opinions and keep to our online community house rules.

Football

Options

Comments

• WestHam06
    WestHam06 Community member, Scope Volunteer Posts: 1,396 Pioneering
    Options
    Hi @ross2503
                             Kevin De Bruyne most definitely has to be up there is terms of one of the greatest players to bless the Premier League and though it is still early on what are people's thoughts on Bruno Fernandes, do you think he has the potential to be in the same category?

I have to agree with @Adrian_Scope regarding Gerrard, though he was good I don't know if he was right up there with the very best of the best, though maybe I am just bitter about that 2006 FA Cup Final :smiley: I think Vardy is a good player but it is not natural, it is down to hard work and determination. He has come along way and does, to an extent, represent grass roots football and what can happen with hard work and a bit of luck. 

Great question @Adrian_Scope, needs consideration, what are people thoughts on Rio Ferdinand, I personally think he was better than John Terry? Thank you. 
  • Idlewild
    Idlewild Community member Posts: 8 Listener
    Options
    I was really looking forward to the Euros. I had a whole summer of sport mapped out - Euros, Tour de France, Olympics. I didn't think I'd enjoy televised football without the crowds but it hasn't been too bad. One of the most enjoyable games so far has been West Ham v. Chelsea. As a ManU fan I was delighted to watch West Ham claim all three points. A lot of my friends and neighbours are Chelsea fans and one is a life-long Liverpool fan. He's insufferable at the moment.
  • [Deleted User]
    [Deleted User] Posts: 0 Pioneering
    Options
    Hey @Globster
    You're completely right, Aubameyang is crucial for Arsenal, he's one of the best strikers in the league. 

I think they need someone to replace Ozil, a creative player.

I think they need a top class centre back as well.

I also think a defensive midfielder type player would be good for them.

@WestHam06
    Bruno Fernandez is a fantastic player. I would hold off judging him completely until he's been here a while but the early signs for United fans are great. 

Plus, I play a lot of Football Manager and sometimes FIFA, he always turns into a beast on those games. 

• Richard_Scope
    Richard_Scope Posts: 3,677 Scope online community team
    Options
    If Bruno Fernandes keeps playing like he is. He'll get a move to a big club soon. ;)

Scope
    Cerebral Palsy Programme Lead

'Concerned about another member's safety or wellbeing? Flag your concerns with us.'

Want to tell us about your experience in the community? Talk to our

chatbot

and let us know.

• Richard_Scope
    Richard_Scope Posts: 3,677 Scope online community team
    edited July 2020
    Options
    Globster said:
    @Richard_Scope
    I have question for you Richard do recon Mikel Arteta is the right man for arsenal managers job?
    Which areas of the team does he need to strengthen in summer?
    Do you rate  David Luiz as a player who can fit Arteta's way of playing?
    Mikel Arteta knows the game well and has learned from one of the best. 
    Two decent central defenders is a must. Luiz, Mustafi, Sokratis, are not good enough in my opinion. I would play a 4-3-3 because the forward line picks itself and should rival anything else in the league.
    First thing Arteta needs to do is get a taxi for Ozil. He has been stealing a living for too long.

Scope
    Cerebral Palsy Programme Lead

'Concerned about another member's safety or wellbeing? Flag your concerns with us.'

Want to tell us about your experience in the community? Talk to our

chatbot

and let us know.

• Adrian_Scope
    Adrian_Scope Posts: 11,280 Scope online community team
    Options
    Get rid of David Luiz, Mustafi, Sokratis, Ozil, Guendouzi, Elneny and Kolasinac. Give Tierney the armband and bring in Ajer or Gimenez.

I'm all for Nketiah getting game time, but his inclusion shouldn't come at the expense of playing Aubameyang in a central role. If Arteta can clear out the dross and get the backing to rebuild the core of the team, he has the tactical nous to maybe win us that 4th place trophy.
    Community Manager
    Scope
  • Adrian_Scope
    Options
    @Idlewild: Very much missing the Euros here, but having access to some of these games on regular TV has been alright. Who did you have down to win it?
    Community Manager
    Scope
  • Stayce
    Stayce Community member, CP Network Posts: 845 Pioneering
    edited July 2020
    Options
     Hi @Adrian_Scope

Totally agree give Tierney the Armband - with his Tesco bag rather than Gucci bag ?

I had been really impressed with Gabriel Martinelli (before lockdown) - injured at the mo.

Leno has been good this season (=especially given the defence that sits in front of him)

I’d like to see us keep Ceballos - I think he’s been our best outfield player this season ?. (Contentious I guess with Auba but as you say when his not in that central role I think he can be very uninvolved across full 90 minutes ).
  • Idlewild
    Idlewild Community member Posts: 8 Listener
    Options
    Hi @Adrian_Scope

Well, I thought Belgium. England losing their Quarter Final against Spain due to a very dodgy VAR decision. Belgium beating Spain in the Semi-Finals before meeting Germany in the Final and absolutely trouncing them.

England fans will go home happy at having something to moan about and everybody else will just be delighted Germany got thumped. 

Kicks off Friday 11 June 2021.
  • Adrian_Scope
    Options
    Stayce said:
     Hi @Adrian_Scope

Totally agree give Tierney the Armband - with his Tesco bag rather than Gucci bag ?

I had been really impressed with Gabriel Martinelli (before lockdown) - injured at the mo.

Leno has been good this season (=especially given the defence that sits in front of him)

I’d like to see us keep Ceballos - I think he’s been our best outfield player this season ?. (Contentious I guess with Auba but as you say when his not in that central role I think he can be very uninvolved across full 90 minutes ).
    I think I fell in love with Tierney just a little bit when I saw the Tesco bag thing! Martinelli has been astounding. And Saka. I'm really encouraged by the youth coming into the team. We just need some steel in there too.

Very much agree about Leno, although Martinez seems to be a good replacement. Ceballos is an interesting one. He's grown on me, especially since the restart, but you can't build a team around a loan player. If you can't sign him permanently, send him back and find someone else to fill the spot, I reckon.
    Community Manager
    Scope
  • WestHam06
    Options
    Hi @ross2503,  
                            I hope he does continue to be a success, I think since he has come into the team Man United have gradually been building in confidence, now they have someone who is willing to have an attempt on target and move the play forward. I play FIFA every now and then so I'll have to check him out on that :) Thank you.  
  • Globster
    Globster Community member, Community Volunteer Host, CP Network, Scope Member Posts: 2,472 Disability Gamechanger
    Options
    I like to ask the scope community for the best goals there have seen since the premiership has returned. I have to give my vote to che adams was a fantastic goal
    I would appreciate hearing from scope community which goals they have liked? 

I am a Community Volunteer Host. Please note: if I use the online community outside of its hours of administration, I am doing so in a personal capacity only.

• WestHam06
    Options
    Hi @Globster
                           Great question, to be fair Che Adams scored a very decent goal however I think Wilfred Zaha against Chelsea on Tuesday was a cracking goal. Looking forward to other people's thoughts. Thank you. 
  • WestHam06
    Options
    Hi all, 
             Hope everyone is doing ok, just to let you all know the next set of fixtures are up in the Coffee Lounge, if you would like to make your predictions then please do. Thank you. 
  • Globster
    Globster Community member, Community Volunteer Host, CP Network, Scope Member Posts: 2,472 Disability Gamechanger
    Options
    I would like to ask another question to scope the community which emerging football players have enjoyed watching this season from any Premiership clubs?  These are two play choice for emerging players the Eddie Nketiah and Curtis Jones would-be players to get my votes.
     I look forward to other people thoughts 

I am a Community Volunteer Host. Please note: if I use the online community outside of its hours of administration, I am doing so in a personal capacity only.

• WestHam06
    Options
    Hi @Globster
                           Great question and I think there are quite a few possibilities. The two you mentioned are definitely up there but I have say Liverpool have a few players to keep an eye out for including Harvey Elliott and Neco Williams. I also think Mason Greenwood for Man United has a really bright future. I look forward to other people's thoughts on it. Thank you. 
  • Globster
    edited July 2020
    Options
    I would love to get your thoughts who has been the best manager this season in the premiership?  
     I would also like that Gary Nevil had eat his words about Liverpool being able to win premiership title 

• WestHam06
    Options
    Hi @Globster
                           This is another great question and I have been thinking about it. I can only name you my top 3 managers of the season as I am finding it difficult to choose between them. For me, the top 3 would have to be:
    Jurgen Klopp- Liverpool 
    Nuno Espirito Santo- Wolves
    Chris Wilder- Sheffield United
    I think al three are worthy of manager of the season for different reasons and I will be interested to read other people's thoughts on this question. Thank you.  

• WestHam06
    Options
    Hi All, 
              Just to let everyone know the next set of fixtures are up in the Coffee Lounge. Thank you. 
  • Globster
    Options
    Arsenal defence was terrible yesterday that  own errors cost another goal 
     Mikel Arteta will need to sort that out before new season if arsenal going to do well next season

I love
     to get other people  thoughts

Complete our feedback form and tell us how we can make the community better.
If we become concerned about you or anyone else while using one of our services, we will act in line with our safeguarding policy and procedures. This may involve sharing this information with relevant authorities to ensure we comply with our policies and legal obligations.

Find out how to let us know if you're concerned about another member's safety.