Remaining politically neutral during General Election 2024

Under guidance from the Electoral Commission and Charity Commission, it's important that Scope remains politically neutral during General Elections.

While we understand that this period will see many passionate discussions and do not want to discourage open discussion, we cannot allow discussions which are purely intended to influence voting.

As ever, please make sure that your comments remain respectful of other people's opinions and keep to our online community house rules.

Football

Options

Comments

• Adrian_Scope
    Adrian_Scope Posts: 11,298 Scope online community team
    Options
    Ball boy probably @WestHam06!
    Community Manager
    Scope
  • Ronni
    Ronni Community member Posts: 161 Pioneering
    edited June 2020
    Options
    @WestHam06
    Wasnt  sure whether to wait on the chart post or not.

Wow we all got it wrong lol.  

If @Adrian_Scope
    Being ball boy.

Il mow the grass. If it real. 
  • WestHam06
    WestHam06 Community member, Scope Volunteer Posts: 1,396 Pioneering
    Options
    Hi all, 
               I hope that you all enjoyed the games last night, great performance from Danny Ings and what a pass from Serge Aurier in the second half but I think the best performance was from Roy Keane, did you hear what he had to say about David De Gea at half time? To be fair, I think he had a point, quite a poor goal to concede. Please look out for the next set of fixtures in the Coffee Lounge tomorrow. Thank you. 
  • WestHam06
    Options
    Congratulations to Liverpool for becoming Champions of England :)  Thoroughly well deserved and here's to many more to come :) Thank you 
  • Tractorgirlali
    Tractorgirlali Community member Posts: 72 Connected
    Options
    Congrats Liverpool ..... I don’t think my beloved ipswich town will ever get there and never b premiere league champions ???
  • Richard_Scope
    Richard_Scope Posts: 3,631 Scope online community team
    Options
    I still can't quite believe it! 

Scope
    Cerebral Palsy Programme Lead

'Concerned about another member's safety or wellbeing? Flag your concerns with us.'

Want to tell us about your experience in the community? Talk to our

chatbot

and let us know.

• Adrian_Scope
    Options
    It was won in a real style. The season might be ending weirdly but it shouldn't take the shine off what's been an amazing performance.
    Community Manager
    Scope
  • Stayce
    Stayce Community member, CP Network Posts: 845 Pioneering
    Options
    Hope you are managing to celebrate @Richard_Scope??
  • Richard_Scope
    Options
    I managed to celebrate last night @Stayce. Pretty sure that my neighbours are sick of hearing the Queen song, we are the champions!

Scope

'Concerned about another member's safety or wellbeing? Flag your concerns with us.'

chatbot

and let us know.

• Stayce
    Stayce Community member, CP Network Posts: 845 Pioneering
    Options
    That’s good ? @Richard_Scope - Great song ?. Fan of I want to break free during lockdown ?

The Chelsea v City game had everything.Now City will have to give Liverpool the guard of honour next week 

• Rechnin
    Rechnin Community member Posts: 89 Courageous
    Options
    Hey everyone,

Football coming back has been a godsend for me in these odd times, thoguht I don't really watch much English football (dion't hate me). I started watching a bit of Danish, Polish and Portuguese leagues when they were first come back and also some La Liga which I never watched even thoguht it was free on my stream package.

Since the mid 80s I had been a fan of Serie A, so when it started on TV I love it. Back then I picked a team, mainly duento their kit and a player they had at the time. They hav been a yo-yo team, until the last few seasons where they have been one of the most exicting teams in Europe.
  • Adrian_Scope
    Options
    Hi @Rechnin. Welcome to the footie thread. I was a big fan of Italian football back in the 90s. Absolutely loved Parma, mostly because of Dino Baggio, Enrico Chiesa, Buffon, Couto, Mussi and Zola.

I was very torn when they met Arsenal in the Cup Winners Cup, that's for sure!
    Community Manager
    Scope
  • Rechnin
    Options
    @Adrian_Scope Thanks.

Good to hear from another fan. Parma, now that was a great side and now back in the top flight after their districtive bankruptcy, and keeping pretty steady. I have always been an Atalanta fan, so, at the moment, I am in fantasy world.

So you are a Gunner as well? I used to love the Cup Winners Cup they should bring it back and go to the two hlegs again, the new plans for European Foot are [delete] and I don't like them at all.
  • Adrian_Scope
    Options
    Oh definitely. I've been a Gooner for many years, but growing up with an Italian dad it was inevitable I ended up watching Serie A. He was an enormous Milan supporter, but after USA 94 I definitely had a bit of a man crush on the less famous Baggio (especially after his header against Norway).

Atalanta is an interesting choice. How did that come about?
    Community Manager
    Scope
  • Richard_Scope
    Options
    Hi @Rechnin
    Great to meet you. Atalanta is a very exciting side this season! I think they will cause more surprises in the Champion's league. I will be keeping an eye out of them now that my team Liverpool are out.
    Loved Italian football back in the day. The AC Milan side of the late 80s and of course that Parma side. 

Scope

chatbot

and let us know.

• Rechnin
    Options

I suppose you had no choice really as all Italian are soccer fans, and the Milan team of that period were amasing and it is obviously the era of the "Divine Ponytail". My local ice cream man was a Parma fan as well, his amily was from there.

I think that the late 80 and the 90s was one of the best periods I have enjoyed for football, Italia 90 was amazing and so was Euro 96, especially as Croatia were hosted near me.

I originally like Atalanta due to their kit and a touch but fair Swede called Glenn Stromberg played for them,when it started on Channel 4 we all picked at team and one of my friends picked Atalant but he went with, oddly enough, Parma. We also had a could of Juventus fans, a Milan fan and even some who liked Bologna.

I later found out about their amazing youth academy and talent for picking up ex-superstars and relaunching their careers and finding bargains on the transfer market. They have develoepd the best scouting system in Italy, possibly fifth in the world, and they do all this on a low budget rather than splashing the cash around. So my fondness for them grow even more.

They also have a policy of ensuring youth players are equipped for when their careers are overot they don't make it, learning careers skills ouside and inside football. Non more so that the current chairman who set up an fashion busness after his career ended and bought the club where he had learn the skiills, his soon who was a failed youth player, 3 members of the board and the youth staff are almost all ex-players who came through the Zingonia Youth academy,.
  • WestHam06
    Options
    Hi @Rechnin
                           Welcome to the football thread and thanks for sharing your knowledge with us, I didn't know any of that about Atalanta, thank you :) 
  • WestHam06
    Options
    Hi guys, 
                 Hope you don't mind me sharing this with you but I am so happy after watching the Irons last night, if we continue to play like that I think we have the potential to stay up but there is still a long way to go :) I do also love it when we beat Frank Lampard, the double this season :) Thank you
  • Richard_Scope
    edited July 2020
    Options
    WestHam06 said:
    Hi guys, 
                 Hope you don't mind me sharing this with you but I am so happy after watching the Irons last night, if we continue to play like that I think we have the potential to stay up but there is still a long way to go :) I do also love it when we beat Frank Lampard, the double this season :) Thank you
    Great match last night @WestHam06! I thought VAR was going to ruin everything. I think the bottom 3 are going be:

Watford
    Bournemouth
    Norwich

I watched Bournemouth v Newcastle as well and to me, Bournemouth looked psychologically beaten.

Scope

chatbot

and let us know.

• Globster
    Globster Community member, Community Volunteer Host, CP Network, Scope Member Posts: 2,482 Disability Gamechanger
    edited July 2020
    Options
    @Tractorgirlali
    I do feel sorry all the league 1  clubs that the season was not completed in the right way. 
    I am Coventry City who is happy that got promoted to the Championship as Champion but it a bit a bitter taste in my mouth that we did play the remaining games. I did not like  points per game system to decide the final league standings    
    I would appreciate the scope think about the points per game system is fair way to decided promotion and relegation?   

I am a Community Volunteer Host. Please note: if I use the online community outside of its hours of administration, I am doing so in a personal capacity only.

Complete our feedback form and tell us how we can make the community better.
If we become concerned about you or anyone else while using one of our services, we will act in line with our safeguarding policy and procedures. This may involve sharing this information with relevant authorities to ensure we comply with our policies and legal obligations.

Find out how to let us know if you're concerned about another member's safety.