Remaining politically neutral during General Election 2024

Under guidance from the Electoral Commission and Charity Commission, it's important that Scope remains politically neutral during General Elections.

While we understand that this period will see many passionate discussions, please make sure that your comments remain respectful of other people's opinions and keep to our online community house rules.

Football

Options

Comments

• WestHam06
    WestHam06 Community member, Scope Volunteer Posts: 1,396 Pioneering
    Options
    Hi @serenity2
                            How are you? Thank you for making your predictions and for joining the conversation. Each game week is put up in the Coffee Lounge a couple of days before they start so the next set of fixtures will be put up today ready for Tuesday. Great to hear you are a Liverpool fan, congratulations on winning the league, completely deserved and I think the Liverpool team this year are arguably one of the best teams the Premiership has ever seen. They are a joy to watch, and so balanced across the whole team. The game at City was a difficult watch but it appeared they had all had a good time in the lead up to game but I think Klopp will want to finish the season strong. Thank you
  • WestHam06
    Options
    Hi @Richard_Scope
                                      Completely agree about Andy Robertson :) I'm pleased to hear you are not too down heartened as Liverpool has been world class over the last couple of seasons and this league win is completely deserved. I agree with what you say about the guard of honour, it powered them to show what they are capable of and to be fair they are clinical with their chances. Please may I ask, who is your player of the season for Liverpool? I think Jordan Henderson has been a rock in the midfield. Thank you. 
  • WestHam06
    Options
    Hi @Globster
                           How are you? Great question, I think over he years the Premiership has been blessed with many quality players, but I think one of the best players to play in the Premiership is Paul Scholes, the way he could pick a pass was really unique. Thank you. 
  • serenity2
    serenity2 Community member Posts: 250 Pioneering
    Options
    hi @WestHam06
    thank you for the reply.
    i was delighted when I joined here to see football posts .so thank you for that to you and everyone involved..
    yes I agree it’s been great to watch Liverpool this season .it has been such a good distraction for me too..

I think if we do well today the young lads may get a chance to come on the field ..it would be nice for them to be able to have a go. Elliott , Jones etc...

Hope we score a few today !
    thanks again 
     :)
    Best Wishes
    serenity2 
  • WestHam06
    Options
    Hi @serenity2
                            Not a problem, it is so good to see some many people getting involved so thank you to everyone. I know Liverpool have some really good young talent both with the team and out on loan including Woodburn at Oxford. It must be reassuring for the future and that they are able to play with such great role models in the first team. @Richard_Scope is also a Liverpool fan and I asked this question so please if I may ask you as well who, for you, is Liverpool's player of the season? Also, the next set of fixtures are up in the Coffee Lounge so if you would like to make predictions then please do. Thank you. 
  • serenity2
    serenity2 Community member Posts: 250 Pioneering
    Options
    Hi @WestHam06

yes will defo be joining in the next predictions , having a think and will place them up there . Thank you...
    pas far as player of the season, it is a difficult one for me as I feel there are a few for different reasons ...but I feel Alison our goalie has helped a lot and been magnificent ..I know goalies aren’t usually people’s choices but he’s been fab !

love Big Virgil Too ! :)
     :)
    Best Wishes
    serenity2 
  • Richard_Scope
    Richard_Scope Posts: 3,666 Scope online community team
    Options
    WestHam06 said:
    Hi @Richard_Scope
                                      Completely agree about Andy Robertson :) I'm pleased to hear you are not too down heartened as Liverpool has been world class over the last couple of seasons and this league win is completely deserved. I agree with what you say about the guard of honour, it powered them to show what they are capable of and to be fair they are clinical with their chances. Please may I ask, who is your player of the season for Liverpool? I think Jordan Henderson has been a rock in the midfield. Thank you. 
    For me, it has to be Jordan Henderson. He has had big boots to fill. When you consider what he has won this season, he hasn't done too badly, considering Sir Alex Ferguson said: "Henderson couldn't run properly."

Scope
    Cerebral Palsy Programme Lead

'Concerned about another member's safety or wellbeing? Flag your concerns with us.'

Want to tell us about your experience in the community? Talk to our

chatbot

and let us know.

• Richard_Scope
    Options
    Globster said:
    I would like to find from scope community
    Who would best ever premiership player of all time?
    Mine, as to be Thierry Henry, was amazing with at feet.

So hard to pick just one!
    Zola
    Bergkamp
    Henry
    Giggs
    Gerrard

Scope

'Concerned about another member's safety or wellbeing? Flag your concerns with us.'

chatbot

and let us know.

• Globster
    Globster Community member, Community Volunteer Host, CP Network, Scope Member Posts: 2,391 Disability Gamechanger
    Options
    @Richard_Scope
    I totally agree with you
    you have named some fantastic  players

I am a Community Volunteer Host. Please note: if I use the online community outside of its hours of administration, I am doing so in a personal capacity only.

• thekop
    thekop Community member Posts: 1 Listener
    Options
    Hi @Adrian_Scope.massive liverpool fan..we won the league I'm happy. YNWA 
  • [Deleted User]
    [Deleted User] Posts: 0 Pioneering
    Options
    I think if we consider what current players would be amongst the best that the Prem League has ever seen, I think Kevin De Bruyne has to be up there. 

I think Jamie Vardy could go down as one of the best as well, simply because of how much he's pushed his ability to the maximum, keeping in mind where he came from earlier in his career.
  • Adrian_Scope
    Adrian_Scope Posts: 11,154 Scope online community team
    Options
    I really don't rate Vardy, but I'd be tempted to whack Aguero on that list. I'd also argue to remove Gerrard from it, too. He's a cracking midfielder, but better than Scholes or Vieira?

What about defenders? What's the best back four the Premiership has seen?
    Community Manager
    Scope
  • Tractorgirlali
    Tractorgirlali Community member Posts: 72 Connected
    Options
    Can u put an old ipswich player on ur list he was a fab fab fab footballer .... Kevin Beattie ...... 
  • Tractorgirlali
    Tractorgirlali Community member Posts: 72 Connected
    Options
    He was a centre half ?
  • Richard_Scope
    Options
    Gerrard carried a mediocre side for almost a decade.

Scope

chatbot

and let us know.

• Globster
    Globster Community member, Community Volunteer Host, CP Network, Scope Member Posts: 2,391 Disability Gamechanger
    Options
    @Richard_Scope
    I have question for you Richard do recon Mikel Arteta is the right man for arsenal managers job?
    Which areas of the team does he need to strengthen in summer?
    Do you rate  David Luiz as a player who can fit Arteta's way of playing?

I am a Community Volunteer Host. Please note: if I use the online community outside of its hours of administration, I am doing so in a personal capacity only.

• [Deleted User]
    [Deleted User] Posts: 0 Pioneering
    Options
    @Globster
    I know you weren't asking me, but I'm interested in what you ask. 

I think Artetta is the right person for Arsenal. He's demanding, tactically astute and will intend to play a brand of football that will suit the players they have. 

I think his success will depend on recruitment and which players they can hold on to. 

I definitely do think though that given a few years, like Klopp has been given at Liverpool, Artetta could build a great side.
  • Globster
    Options
    Hello @ross2503
    I am sorry for not opening the particular question to the only @Richard_Scope and not whole scope community I do agree with you he needs to hold on to Pierre-Emerick Aubameyang is one he needs of? 
    I would to ask to scope community players need to keep and ones would at Arsenal? 

• WestHam06
    Options
    Hi @WestHam06

yes will defo be joining in the next predictions , having a think and will place them up there . Thank you...
    pas far as player of the season, it is a difficult one for me as I feel there are a few for different reasons ...but I feel Alison our goalie has helped a lot and been magnificent ..I know goalies aren’t usually people’s choices but he’s been fab !
    love Big Virgil Too !

Hi @serenity2
                           Fantastic choice in Alison, I think sometimes goalkeepers can be forgotten as they are not necessarily remembered as much as the goal scorers. He has definitely kept Liverpool in some games this season, world-class goalkeeper :) Virgil is a quality defender :) Thank you. 
  • WestHam06
    Options
    Hi @Richard_Scope
                                        Completely agree, I think Jordan Henderson has always been underrated but he has definitely come into his own under Klopp. He is definitely proving the doubters wrong, I have a lot of respect for him both for what he has done on and off of the pitch, setting up the players initiative for the NHS :) Thank you. 
Complete our feedback form and tell us how we can make the community better.
If we become concerned about you or anyone else while using one of our services, we will act in line with our safeguarding policy and procedures. This may involve sharing this information with relevant authorities to ensure we comply with our policies and legal obligations.

Find out how to let us know if you're concerned about another member's safety.