Remaining politically neutral during General Election 2024

Under guidance from the Electoral Commission and Charity Commission, it's important that Scope remains politically neutral during General Elections.

While we understand that this period will see many passionate discussions and do not want to discourage open discussion, we cannot allow discussions which are purely intended to influence voting.

As ever, please make sure that your comments remain respectful of other people's opinions and keep to our online community house rules.

Football

Options

Comments

• [Deleted User]
    [Deleted User] Posts: 0 Pioneering
    Options
    Globster said:
    @Tractorgirlali
    I do feel sorry all-league 1  clubs that the season was not completed in the right way. 
    I am Coventry City who is happy that got promoted to the Championship as Champion but it a bit a bitter taste in my mouth that we did play the remaining games. I did not like  points per game system to decide the final league standings    
    It's a difficult one really, I'm not sure the authorities had any other choice. I'm a Leeds fan, I'm terrified of getting to the end of the season to see us mess up promotion, and ending up going "PPG would've been nice."
  • Tractorgirlali
    Tractorgirlali Community member Posts: 72 Connected
    Options
    Personally I do not like the points per game system all clubs should have played out the leagues ..::: I love the tractors boys but that was an unfair system ..... but we must look on to the new season ?
  • Tractorgirlali
    Options
    Congratulations to Coventry ???
  • Rechnin
    Rechnin Community member Posts: 89 Courageous
    Options
    @WestHam06 That is one of the things that annoys me. I could bore you to death about Atalanta, but, ask me hw to do my job and I would struggle.

Anyway, off to watch Atalanta vs Napoli.
  • WestHam06
    WestHam06 Community member, Scope Volunteer Posts: 1,396 Pioneering
    Options
    Hi @Richard_Scope
                                     How are you feeling after last night? I mean I don't feel it has any reflection on what has been a quite extraordinary season! For me Liverpool are far the better side I just think they have enjoyed themselves over the last week, what are your thoughts? I know, I thought VAR was going to ruin West Ham vs Chelsea but we showed that fighting spirit I know we are capable of. I think that is what has been so frustrating this season, we just haven't shown it enough. We've had a lot of VAR decisions go against us but we have allowed them to define the game whereas Wednesday we didn't :) Interesting predictions regarding relegation, I agree with Norwich and Bournemouth but I think I need to see how we perform at Newcastle before I make that third place prediction, to be fair Bournemouth, Villa and Watford all have tough games this week.  I agree, I watched the Bournemouth vs Newcastle game as well and Bournemouth just look completely defeated and it's hard to see where their next win will be inspired from. It's a shame because I think Eddie Howe is a great manager, I'd love to have him or Sean Dyche at West Ham, though I'll settle for Moyes :) Thank you.
  • [Deleted User]
    edited July 2020
    Options
    @WestHam06
    Regarding Bournemouth, I hope they stick with Eddie Howe even if they go down. I don't like the sacking culture that there currently is in football, it rarely ever has the desired results that clubs want, whereas if they stand by a manager and give them chance to fix things, it often comes good again. 

He's not become a bad manager overnight, and he isn't doing a terrible job, I just think it's a blip in form and maybe luck hasn't been on their side. 

I agree with you that he's a great manager, if they go down I'd love to see them stick with Howe and rebuild. 
  • Richard_Scope
    Richard_Scope Posts: 3,631 Scope online community team
    Options
    Not too downhearted to be honest @WestHam06. I thought having the guard of honour at the start of the match was the perfect inspiration for Man City. They are a great side and if you're not 100% focused you are going to get a beating. I think Andy Robertson was still in the pub  :D

Scope
    Cerebral Palsy Programme Lead

'Concerned about another member's safety or wellbeing? Flag your concerns with us.'

Want to tell us about your experience in the community? Talk to our

chatbot

and let us know.

• Globster
    Globster Community member, Community Volunteer Host, CP Network, Scope Member Posts: 2,481 Disability Gamechanger
    edited July 2020
    Options
    I have to agree with @WestHam06 and @ross2503 Eddie Howie is a fantastic manager I just hope the Bournemouth owners stick with him. I think will need to rebuild his squad 
    I think Callum Willson and some other big names will leave Bournemouth if they get relegated from the premiership

I did think Berdned Siva was a disrespect  to Liverpool yesterday not being garud onner 

I am a Community Volunteer Host. Please note: if I use the online community outside of its hours of administration, I am doing so in a personal capacity only.

• Tractorgirlali
    Options
    I like Eddie Howe I do think Harry redknap bought bournemoth their financial difficulties ! Bournemouth r my local club but I do not support them !! Never have never will but I hope Eddie can pull it round ...... long live ipswich town ! 
  • Globster
    Globster Community member, Community Volunteer Host, CP Network, Scope Member Posts: 2,481 Disability Gamechanger
    edited July 2020
    Options
    Hello
    Do reckon that all premiership clubs will struggle without foreign players when Brexit happens in the UK?
     Do you think the premiership clubs should use homegrown players instead of big named foreign players?
    Do recon it will be a level playing field in the premiership if foreign players are allowed to play in the UK once the UK leaves EU?  

I am a Community Volunteer Host. Please note: if I use the online community outside of its hours of administration, I am doing so in a personal capacity only.

• Tractorgirlali
    Options
    my wonderful tractor boys have a lot of home grown players there’s nothing better than home grown talent ..... I think the premiere league will always have foreigners?
  • [Deleted User]
    edited July 2020
    Options
    I don't have any problems with players from overseas at all, but I hope that after Brexit, clubs will be more inclined to give home grown players from their academy a shot. 

I think the financial difficulties brought on by Covid could have a similar impact. I dont like the massive transfer fees and the idea that a club can buy the best team instead of coaching players into becoming the best team. 

I'm a Leeds fan and over the years we've given so many young players a chance, partly through necessity and partly because our academy setup is fantastic, but it's always been much more satisfying to watch those players break through, rather than spend a few million on a player, foreign or not, who just hangs around for a couple of seasons then moves on.
  • Globster
    edited July 2020
    Options
    I am not a fan of VAR because technology seems to be making too many mistakes and taking to long for decisions to be made 
    It seems football is coping cricket as a three umpire 
    I think the fun  has been taken out of the game  football 
    I think the transfer fees are rediculous because only the big clubs who have lots of money can get the best players. in the world
    I would like Lionel Messi in the premiership
    I think if manchester city could get Lionel Messi
    I  think Sergio Agüero and Lionel Messi would a amazing partnership 

• serenity2
    serenity2 Community member Posts: 250 Pioneering
    edited July 2020
    Options
    @Adrian_Scope I will take a look at the competition 

I’m a  liverpool supporter. Delighted about the return to football . 
    Not a great game for us against Manchester City recently but I guess we can’t win them all and city are a good team too  :smile:
    I find football a brilliant distraction...for 90 minutes I lose  myself 
    Love it ! 
     :)
    Best Wishes
    serenity2 
  • Rechnin
    Rechnin Community member Posts: 89 Courageous
    Options
    @Globster To see how VAR is really badly used, you need to watch some of the early games from this season in Serie A. It was a shambles, they are doing much better with it now but it sometimes get really slow to come to a decision and I hate when they pull play back ages later.
  • Globster
    Options
    I would like to find from scope community
    Who would best ever premiership player of all time?
    Mine, as to be Thierry Henry, was amazing with at feet.

• m_burrell82
    m_burrell82 Community member, Scope Member Posts: 171 Pioneering
    Options
    The Broadcasters feature European Games, so why not games right down the Football Pyramid? If Wigan are having problems, yet have to see how some of those are managing, especially teams that I follow.
  • m_burrell82
    m_burrell82 Community member, Scope Member Posts: 171 Pioneering
    Options
    @Globster With that logic about after Brexit. Ladies Football Clubs should do great with a Trade Deal with the States. Whenever we get to a point of lets have a group of us go to a football game, its a Ladies Football game I'd much rather love to go to.
  • Globster
    Options
    @m-burrell82
    i do agree that brexit will help women football with trade deal with the ladies football 
    I don’t understand why much women football has not showing games on television before the corvanivarus 

I also agree why are the people at the top of the football leagues not offering any financial help to clubs like Wigan I think there will be many more clubs finding themselves in financial difficulties. The problems come from some owners not knowing how to run a football club that breaks financial even every year 

• Tractorgirlali
    Options
    Is anyone missing the half of league one that aren’t playing this season out ? I am !!! Lol 
Complete our feedback form and tell us how we can make the community better.
If we become concerned about you or anyone else while using one of our services, we will act in line with our safeguarding policy and procedures. This may involve sharing this information with relevant authorities to ensure we comply with our policies and legal obligations.

Find out how to let us know if you're concerned about another member's safety.