Announcement: the community's new look - Page 4 — Scope | Disability forum
If we become concerned about you or anyone else while using one of our services, we will act in line with our safeguarding policy and procedures. This may involve sharing this information with relevant authorities to ensure we comply with our policies and legal obligations.

Find out how to let us know if you're concerned about another member's safety.
Please read our updated community house rules and community guidelines.

Announcement: the community's new look

Options

Comments

• chiarieds
    chiarieds Community member Posts: 16,105 Disability Gamechanger
    Options
    Sorry, Jane,
    If you're trying to see the activity wall, this is no longer currently an option. If not seeing your own wall, then perhaps raise this as an issue. I can see not only my inbox, but also notifications, my discussions & comments. This using a desktop computer, so worth mentioning what device you're using to access your profile.
  • SarahUCE
    SarahUCE Community member Posts: 32 Pioneering
    Options
    Finding it impossible to navigate as I relied on the dates and times things were posted being available to help know 
    - if new content was available
    - if a thread is relevant any more 
    - whether I may have already read something 

This is even worse as I’m more of a lurker and don’t always log in to read but it’a not resolved by logging in because can’t mark things as read.

Now I have to load each category and come back out and load the next etc. Even once in the category I can’t see when things were posted unless I load the discussion which is a lot of fuss.

• Adrian_Scope
    Adrian_Scope Posts: 11,022 Scope online community team
    Options
    calcotti said:
    Has anyone ever reported a formatting issue with this site? I insert a 1 line sauce between paragraphs when using any iOS device and what then appears is entirely random. 3, 2 or 1 line spacing. Really irritating.
    I'm also having difficulty formatting answers where i want to quote bits of a proviso post in shorts bits with breaks in between where i post comments on the relevant bits. Again it's a problem on a another site I use so I suspect it's the same background engine.
    Hi @calcotti, to help me feed this back to the developers would you be able to send me a screenshot of the issue? 
    Community Manager
    Scope
  • Adrian_Scope
    Options
    Thanks for the feedback all and please keep it coming. 

I've listed all accessibility-focused feedback as top priority but we are looking at and working through all concerns raised. 
    Community Manager
    Scope
  • calcotti
    calcotti Community member Posts: 10,010 Disability Gamechanger
    Options
    Hi @calcotti, to help me feed this back to the developers would you be able to send me a screenshot of the issue? 
     Not easily. What I was experiencing was that when I tried to quote a previous post a second time within a post I was writing I was losing what I had already written. Got round it by posting my first comment and then editing it several times to add the extra comments one at a time.
    I’m not ruling out clumsy fingers being a contributing factor!
    Information I post is for England unless otherwise stated. Rules may be different in other parts of UK.
  • calcotti
    Options
    Oddly, my profile shows me as starting 36 discussions whereas I don’t recall starting any!
    Information I post is for England unless otherwise stated. Rules may be different in other parts of UK.
  • chiarieds
    Options
    Mike commented that his profile had way more discussions than he'd started, & I'm the same. Mine now says 145 discussion (but had been 142 when I last looked); I've actually started 22....so there are gremlins at work there. :)
  • Adrian_Scope
    Options
    calcotti said:
     Not easily. What I was experiencing was that when I tried to quote a previous post a second time within a post I was writing I was losing what I had already written. Got round it by posting my first comment and then editing it several times to add the extra comments one at a time.
    I’m not ruling out clumsy fingers being a contributing factor!
    That's perfect, thanks for the explanation @calcotti.
    Community Manager
    Scope
  • Adrian_Scope
    Options
    With regards to the total of discussions started, when someone flags or reports a post it creates a new discussion in the admin area of the community which is why many of you are seeing your discussion total as higher than expected. It includes times you've flagged duplicate threads, personal info showing, or raised concerns about someone's wellbeing, etc. 
    I believe it was the same under the old platform, but less prominently displayed.
    Community Manager
    Scope
  • calcotti
    Options
    With regards to the total of discussions started, when someone flags or reports a post it creates a new discussion in the admin area of the community which is why many of you are seeing your discussion total as higher than expected. 
    Thanks for that explanation, Adrian.
  • janer1967
    janer1967 Community member Posts: 21,964 Disability Gamechanger
    Options
    Noticed few changes last night you could see date of post now it's gone again 

Today it doesn't show number of comments just number of view 
  • chiarieds
    Options
    Thank you for resolving the issue in dark mode with a page loading suddenly getting such a contrastingly bright screen. This is so much more easy on the eyes. I've just checked & have now been able to delete my drafts with no problem, so thank you for that too. :) Still getting a change to a white text box if previewing a reply tho, unfortunately.
  • Tori_Scope
    Tori_Scope Scope Posts: 12,493 Disability Gamechanger
    Options
    Thanks for letting us know @chiarieds :) Yep, we're aware of that issue, and I know that it's on the list of things to look at. Dark mode is a new feature, so there are bound to be things that need tweaking!
    National Campaigns Officer, she/her

Check out our Playground Accessibility Map
  • chiarieds
    Options
    The main problem for me has been resolved @Tori_Scope - the preview one is just a minor issue, so it's great progress. :)
  • chiarieds
    Options
    Thank you, I found yesterday that the preview issue has been resolved in Dark mode; much appreciated. :)
  • Jean Eveleigh
    Jean Eveleigh Scope Member Posts: 185 Pioneering
    Options
    Wow this is a shock, first time I have logged in since the change and at first I thought the URL had been hijacked - it's erm different, not sure what to make of it just yet but am sure I'll get used to it .
  • chiarieds
    Options
    I'm unsure if this is something new; it seems so, but when checking links with the preview option when using the 'Dark mode,' I'm getting that fleeting bright flash of intense light again, unfortunately. May this be looked into too, thank you.
  • Lisatho11987777
    Lisatho11987777 Scope Member Posts: 5,911 Disability Gamechanger
    Options
    I havent encountered  that as of yet I am finding the dark mode realy helpful 
  • chiarieds
    edited November 2021
    Options
    Yes, I agree, I also find the Dark mode really good. I think any 'quirks' we find are being looked into, however, & eradicated, which is great. Just mentioning this I found this evening; the intense light is unexpected if in 'Dark mode,' & most uncomfortable.
  • Lisatho11987777
    Lisatho11987777 Scope Member Posts: 5,911 Disability Gamechanger
    Options
    It's more noticeable on dark mode I would expect I havent used many features yet 

Brightness

Complete our feedback form and tell us how we can make the community better.