Announcement: the community's new look - Page 8 — Scope | Disability forum
If we become concerned about you or anyone else while using one of our services, we will act in line with our safeguarding policy and procedures. This may involve sharing this information with relevant authorities to ensure we comply with our policies and legal obligations.

Find out how to let us know if you're concerned about another member's safety.
Please read our updated community house rules and community guidelines.

Announcement: the community's new look

Options
1234568»

Comments

• Adrian_Scope
    Adrian_Scope Posts: 11,054 Scope online community team
    Options

Thanks @Teddybear12. Could you confirm if you're using a mobile device or a laptop/desktop?

Community Manager
    Scope
  • Adrian_Scope
    Options

Thanks @Teddybear12.

If you highlight the text you want to link, press the link button (looks a bit like a chain) it should come up with a box to copy your link into. Once you've done that, if you press 'enter' on the keyboard (rather than clicking off) it should make the link clickable. If this doesn't work for you either, please let me know.

It's not ideal and something we'll be speaking to our platform provider about.

Community Manager
    Scope
  • chiarieds
    chiarieds Community member Posts: 16,114 Disability Gamechanger
    edited March 2022
    Options

Why has the 'preview' button disappeared @Adrian_Scope - & why after tagging someone's name, & without pressing enter, rather just using the space bar, does the person's name come up in bold. Highlighting a person's name & pressing the bold button doesn't seem to change this either. I'm using a desktop computer.

Edit: Then when you post. I see this time it's no longer emboldened; a bit strange!

• Adrian_Scope
    Options

Hi @chiarieds, the WYSIWYG (What You See Is What You Get) editor we were using is no longer supported on our platform so we're being pushed into using this new version. You might notice us switching between the two over the next few days as we try and get them to address some of the issues we're experiencing with this new version.

Tagging: thankfully the bold doesn't appear once you post the message, just in the comment box while writing it. I believe it's just a styling option that they should perhaps be able to fix.

Preview button: I'm hoping this isn't working as intended and the preview button will return.

Community Manager
    Scope
  • Adrian_Scope
    Options

Thanks for letting me know @Teddybear12. I'm not finding it to be overly user-friendly so the feedback is really helpful.

Community Manager
    Scope
  • Lisatho11987777
    Lisatho11987777 Scope Member Posts: 5,911 Disability Gamechanger
    Options
    On some of the threads I cant comment the comment box on dome of the threads is twice the size and I it doesn't let me type as when I vlivk in the box the keyboard  doesn't come up I still don't get email notifications either 
  • L_Volunteer
    L_Volunteer Community Volunteer Adviser, Scope Member Posts: 7,978 Disability Gamechanger
    edited March 2022
    Options
    Thanks @lisathomas50 for letting us know about this. Sorry to hear you are experiencing this :(
    Community Volunteer Adviser with professional knowledge of education, special educational needs and disabilities and EHCP's. Pronouns: She/her. 

Please note: if I use the online community outside of its hours of administration, I am doing so in a personal capacity only.
  • L_Volunteer
    L_Volunteer Community Volunteer Adviser, Scope Member Posts: 7,978 Disability Gamechanger
    Options
    Happy April to you too @bekindalways :)
    Community Volunteer Adviser with professional knowledge of education, special educational needs and disabilities and EHCP's. Pronouns: She/her. 

Please note: if I use the online community outside of its hours of administration, I am doing so in a personal capacity only.
  • Lisatho11987777
    Options
    Hi just testing if I can post haveing problems 
  • Lisatho11987777
    Options
    Yay sorted just the notifications and the not being able to comment on some threads 
  • SueHeath
    SueHeath Community member Posts: 12,420 Disability Gamechanger
    Options
    you still having problems @lisathomas50 this has been going on for a while now x
  • Lisatho11987777
    Options
    @SueHeath yes still haveing problems 
  • SueHeath
    SueHeath Community member Posts: 12,420 Disability Gamechanger
    Options
    @SueHeath yes still haveing problems 
     :'( 
  • Wibbles
    Wibbles Community member Posts: 1,603 Pioneering
    Options
    The "facebook" and "twitter" links - the box simply needs dragging out to the right by a few pixels - to make them readable - something that any website designer can do - it has been like this for weeks now - please fix it !!

Brightness

Complete our feedback form and tell us how we can make the community better.