Announcement: the community's new look - Page 6 — Scope | Disability forum
If we become concerned about you or anyone else while using one of our services, we will act in line with our safeguarding policy and procedures. This may involve sharing this information with relevant authorities to ensure we comply with our policies and legal obligations.

Find out how to let us know if you're concerned about another member's safety.
Please read our updated community house rules and community guidelines.

Announcement: the community's new look

Options

Comments

• chiarieds
    chiarieds Community member Posts: 16,113 Disability Gamechanger
    Options
    Thanks, Poppy, yes have just posted on the forum. Gremlins in the works perhaps, tho it did seem somewhat odd considering one of my posts being successively 'moderated' yesterday evening, so I wondered.
  • Lisatho11987777
    Lisatho11987777 Scope Member Posts: 5,911 Disability Gamechanger
    Options
    I still font receive notifications  I have to go the long way round and go through all the conversations 
  • Lisatho11987777
    Options
  • poppy123456
    poppy123456 Community member Posts: 54,396 Disability Gamechanger
    Options
    All notifications are off for me too, never had them on. Last thing i want is my inbox filling with unwanted emails.
    I have noticed something new which is very annoying. The last couple of days sometimes if i comment on a thread i can still see my comment in the box just like i'm still typing that comment, even though the comment has been posted. Clicking the back button doesn't help either because when i go back to that thread it still has my comment in the box. Very odd and not something i've ever noticed before.
    I would appreciate it if members wouldn't tag me please. I have all notifcations turned off and wouldn't want a member thinking i'm being rude by not replying.
    If i see a question that i know the answer to i will try my best to help.
  • Spoonbill
    Spoonbill Community member Posts: 70 Courageous
    Options
    Also having notification issues: turned off most notifications maybe a week ago but system keeps sending out e-mails as if those were still on. Agree that a forum admin (IT) should look into these various gremlins.
  • Lisatho11987777
    Options
    I am haveing the opposite @Spoonbill I am not getting any notifications at all 
  • pink_princess
    pink_princess Community member Posts: 181 Pioneering
    Options
    Hi @Adrian_Scope

i like to new look mostly but I wanted to say a few things about the website firstly the good things I like how old is just two tabs at the top for categories and recent discussions.

And most of all the purple and white combination works really well the thing that is a struggle is the contrast between the banners so you’ve got people on the banners but then you put text over that and it’s really bad contrast. But apart from this I would say I can definitely find things easily I am struggling with notifications though been into settings I’m not sure how to sort this out.
  • pink_princess
    edited February 2022
    Options
    @Adrian_Scope Also when doing notification preferences at the top of a page or discussion for example if I want to be informed about our discussion and put it on my home page but also kept up-to-date when the new notification comes in I find I can’t take both it will only let me choose one choice. Also it would be nice to have a delete feature for notifications I can mark them all is red so they don’t get cluttered which is good but it just doesn’t look very clear to me I delete function would be good I like that there’s an edit function on the post so you can go back and edit them.
  • chiarieds
    Options
    Hi @pink_princess - my thought was exactly the same as yours when I first saw the photographic banner with text on top, i.e. a poor contrast. Looking at it again just now, I notice the text box is transparent, perhaps it would be better if that was not so.
  • Lisatho11987777
    Options
    I am getting all sorts of things going wrong don't get notifications I keep getting logged out some discussions disappear then come back never had any before now I have 
  • pink_princess
    edited February 2022
    Options
    Hi @chiarieds and @Username_removed and @lisathomas50 sorry I’ve only just seen your comments now I wasn’t notified of them.

The banners need a complete redesign i think in order to be easier to read and more accessibility features to be added to the website for example different size text options large print text etc etc because of the dark mode that’s about it and I don’t really use that the first time I tried that was just not very good contrast at all you could even have more contrast options visually impaired users for example and yes I agree it’s a basic accessibility error even though we were asked for feedback on the new look some even tested the website etc etc but hopefully this will all get fixed in time. 👍

I also just wanted to ask how did you get co- production under your username as I’m also part of a group and I don’t have anything like that under mine name

I have actually emailed the community inbox many times about the same issues people seem to be having so it’s nice not to feel alone in those same ideas and I just feel like it must be very busy at the moment because I’ve not had a reply as quickly as normally with some of the issues I raised until I found this platform here about the website.

i’m sure everybody is trying their best 👍 I have my concerns about the accessibility but i’m sure that issues can be ironed out.

I also just noticed if you’re writing a post and want to cancel it and start again you can’t there is no like cancel button or anything you have to just delete it and write it out again.

also on a separate note an idea just popped into my head when looking at the categories on the forum we have one for rare and invisible illnesses and rare etc etc but my idea would be to have a bereavement category and also a seriously ill category as I’ve not seen anything on the forum about any of these and just thought it might be nice to get in there own space again just ideas as I was looking at the categories and thought something was missing its just idea and again it might make searching for these a little easier if they had their own categories. 
  • pink_princess
    Options
    Also how do you reply under post like that? I always just start a new comment because I don’t really know how
  • pink_princess
    Options
    hi 

Ok thanks and don’t actually have @Ross_Scope email tho 
  • chiarieds
    Options
    Hi @pink_princess - it took quite a while before I got Community Co-production Group added under my username. Sorry, I can't remember how long. Are you a member of it, just unsure when you wrote you were also part of a group?
    Yes, the banner was the first thing I noticed was wrong when I tested the new platform. There are still quite a lot of gremlins in the works that will hopefully get sorted; notifications seem to be a right bother.
  • pink_princess
    Options
  • pink_princess
    Options
    I’d like to help get some of those problems fixed when they look for people to test the website but this time not just on putting things in the right categories but how it looks too.
  • Adrian_Scope
    Adrian_Scope Posts: 11,042 Scope online community team
    Options
    Thanks for your updates everyone.
    We take the time to try to replicate and then report all these issues to our digital product team to see if we can resolve them internally and if not, we then report them on to our service provider.

We are working to resolve everything as quickly as we can (and a great many issues have been fixed since the original launch) but in some cases we're still waiting on bug fixes from our service provider to resolve some of the more significant or lingering issues.

Everyone's feedback is useful, but if you happen to be able to provide screenshots of issues you encounter - please do!
    Community Manager
    Scope
  • pink_princess
    edited February 2022
    Options
    Hi 

Sorry again only just seen this as I don’t know how I’ve got my notifications are mixed up they don’t seem to be working anyway.

I just wanted to provide a screenshot of another issue the contrast in the text or lack of if that makes sense.

And another screenshot of the notification issued I seem to be having.

It will only let me choose one option when sometimes you want more then one choice. I did used to be notified by email on certain things but now everything seems to be a little hit and miss although I understand getting things fixed is not easy and takes time I thought I provide screenshots in the hope they be helpful.
  • Lisatho11987777
    Options
    Hi I can tick all the boxes but doesnt make a difference  I don't get any notifications at all now it is annoying for me now because I keep missing things and I don't reply or don't see it all because I don't have time to scroll through everything I don't even know why it happend as everything was OK it hasn't been happening long I thought it was my phone but its not 
  • L_Volunteer
    L_Volunteer Community Volunteer Adviser, Scope Member Posts: 7,978 Disability Gamechanger
    Options
    Hi @lisathomas50

Thanks for your response and for bringing this to our attention. Unfortunately, I am not the tech wizard so I am unable to fix it. However, I hope someone else sees your response who is able to help. In the meantime, I just wanted to apologise and say we hear you  <3
    Community Volunteer Adviser with professional knowledge of education, special educational needs and disabilities and EHCP's. Pronouns: She/her. 

Please note: if I use the online community outside of its hours of administration, I am doing so in a personal capacity only.

Brightness

Complete our feedback form and tell us how we can make the community better.