Announcement: the community's new look - Page 7 — Scope | Disability forum
If we become concerned about you or anyone else while using one of our services, we will act in line with our safeguarding policy and procedures. This may involve sharing this information with relevant authorities to ensure we comply with our policies and legal obligations.

Find out how to let us know if you're concerned about another member's safety.
Please read our updated community house rules and community guidelines.

Announcement: the community's new look

Options

Comments

• Lisatho11987777
    Lisatho11987777 Scope Member Posts: 5,911 Disability Gamechanger
    Options
    Any clue when things will be sorted I still don't get notifications 
  • janer1967
    janer1967 Community member Posts: 21,964 Disability Gamechanger
    Options
    @lisathomas50 the notification problems have been going in for months so can't see it being resolved anytime soon 
  • MarkM88
    MarkM88 Community member Posts: 3,127 Connected
    Options
    Notifications clutter up your inbox anyway. It’s easier just to login and see what’s happening. 
  • SueHeath
    SueHeath Community member Posts: 12,420 Disability Gamechanger
    Options
    Hi do not know if this is the right site.
    Can we please have a smile or laugh as well as the like/awesome.
    Thanks
  • poppy123456
    poppy123456 Community member Posts: 54,394 Disability Gamechanger
    Options
    SueHeath said:
    Thanks

You can add a smile/laugh yourself with the emoji's, which are above the comment box or if using a mobile then use the emoji's that are on there.
    I would appreciate it if members wouldn't tag me please. I have all notifcations turned off and wouldn't want a member thinking i'm being rude by not replying.
    If i see a question that i know the answer to i will try my best to help.
  • Spoonbill
    Spoonbill Community member Posts: 70 Courageous
    edited February 2022
    Options
    Thanks @Adrian_Scope. If reports of problems persisting for months are true, can't help wondering if Scope have investigated why the generating of maintenance demand might be outstripping capability to this extent: funding, manpower allocation, contract issues, low priority? And then looking forward, is the situation likely to settle down or does it suggest more fundamental problems (in contracting, internal comms, platform choice etc)?
    @MarkM88 True for some, not for all (provided they're notifications you actually want!). :smile:
  • SueHeath
    Options
    SueHeath said:
    Thanks

You can add a smile/laugh yourself with the emoji's, which are above the comment box or if using a mobile then use the emoji's that are on there.
    great i see it now - thank you.
    i only use a lap top 
  • Lisatho11987777
    Options
    @MarkM88 what is easier for one person isn't easy for another I only go on normsly when I get a notification I don't have time I work and look after my mum snd everything else  the problem is still happening I am still not getting notifications 
  • MarkM88
    MarkM88 Community member Posts: 3,127 Connected
    Options
    @lisathomas50 you’ll probably find most of us on here have commitments outside of the community. Not just you. All I was saying is, it’s just as easy to go to the main community page and look at what you want to look at. Until notifications is fixed you basically have no choice. 
  • Adrian_Scope
    Adrian_Scope Posts: 11,025 Scope online community team
    Options
    Good morning @lisathomas50 and @bekindalways. I've sent you both a message regarding notifications. 
    Community Manager
    Scope
  • Lisatho11987777
    Options
    Mike I had that problem but its stopped now 
  • Lisatho11987777
    Options
    I still don't get notifications though 
  • SueHeath
    Options
    I understand were your coming from Mike.
    Last year my eldest brought me one of these big phones ha ha i've always had the good old nokia.
    He and his wife put my facebook and email account on it. Within days i asked them to remove them because the constant pinging got on my nerves and i found myself checking the phone every 5 mins.
    While i'm at home i go on my lap top to go into my accounts, so i feel this is on my terms.
  • L_Volunteer
    L_Volunteer Community Volunteer Adviser, Scope Member Posts: 7,978 Disability Gamechanger
    Options
    Being able to choose when to check messages is super important @SueHeath. It comes back to setting and maintaining our own boundaries. I am really glad to hear you have found something that helps you. Different things work for different people but knowing what helps you is really important!  :)
    Community Volunteer Adviser with professional knowledge of education, special educational needs and disabilities and EHCP's. Pronouns: She/her. 

Please note: if I use the online community outside of its hours of administration, I am doing so in a personal capacity only.
  • Lisatho11987777
    Options
    I would rather have notifications looking after someone with dementia is time consuming if at a glance haveing email notifications makes things alot easier for me I am on my phone so that makes it also easier for me as my phone is always on I have to do my studying when mum goes to bed because she has to have attention I can't just sit down I am on my feet from when I get up to when I go to bed quite time in work I can flit through my emails I don't miss things then 
  • L_Volunteer
    L_Volunteer Community Volunteer Adviser, Scope Member Posts: 7,978 Disability Gamechanger
    Options
    Hi @lisathomas50

Thanks for sharing this with us. I can completely hear how notifications might help you. Are you currently receiving the notifications you are hoping to receive? Do let us know if we can do anything to help!  :)
    Community Volunteer Adviser with professional knowledge of education, special educational needs and disabilities and EHCP's. Pronouns: She/her. 

Please note: if I use the online community outside of its hours of administration, I am doing so in a personal capacity only.
  • Lisatho11987777
    Options
    No I am not getting any notifications  at all 
  • Libby_Alumni
    Libby_Alumni Scope alumni Posts: 1,251 Pioneering
    Options
    Sorry to hear that you're not getting notifications still @lisathomas50 - I will make note of this and let one of our technicians know about the situation. I realise @Adrian_Scope has previously mentioned that he is also looking into the matter, so I'm sure he's doing just that too. :)
    Online Community Information Coordinator
    Scope

Concerned about another member's safety or wellbeing? Flag your concerns with us.

Did we do a good job at answering your queries or concerns? If so, complete our feedback form now. 
  • Lisatho11987777
    Options
  • L_Volunteer
    Options
    Those posts just keep being troublesome and running away this week don't they @Teddybear12! Tut tut. Hopefully, they will behave soon. On a more serious note, I hope it gets fixed  :)

Brightness

Complete our feedback form and tell us how we can make the community better.