How is the cost of living crisis impacting you? - Page 8 — Scope | Disability forum
If we become concerned about you or anyone else while using one of our services, we will act in line with our safeguarding policy and procedures. This may involve sharing this information with relevant authorities to ensure we comply with our policies and legal obligations.

Find out how to let us know if you're concerned about another member's safety.
Please read our updated community house rules and community guidelines.

How is the cost of living crisis impacting you?

Options
1234568»

Comments

• poppy123456
    poppy123456 Community member Posts: 54,683 Disability Gamechanger
    Options
     I am on uc but I also work so dont know if I will get it I am just waiting to see and will consider myself lucky and grateful if I do receive it
    To get the first Cost of Living Payment of £326, you must have been entitled to a payment (or later found to be entitled to a payment) of Universal Credit for an assessment period that ended in the period 26 April 2022 to 25 May 2022.
    Working makes no difference unless your payment for this assessment period was reduced to zero because of earnings.

I would appreciate it if members wouldn't tag me please. I have all notifcations turned off and wouldn't want a member thinking i'm being rude by not replying.
    If i see a question that i know the answer to i will try my best to help.
  • Lisatho11987777
    Lisatho11987777 Scope Member Posts: 5,911 Disability Gamechanger
    Options
    I did overtime uc paid the rent they pay and the other money they take off but it was zero where I didn't get a payment in my bank 
  • poppy123456
    poppy123456 Community member Posts: 54,683 Disability Gamechanger
    Options
    I did overtime uc paid the rent they pay and the other money they take off but it was zero where I didn't get a payment in my bank 
    That’s not a nil award. You still had a payment but it was paid directly to your landlord. You will receive the first payment of £324.
    I would appreciate it if members wouldn't tag me please. I have all notifcations turned off and wouldn't want a member thinking i'm being rude by not replying.
    If i see a question that i know the answer to i will try my best to help.
  • janer1967
    janer1967 Community member Posts: 21,964 Disability Gamechanger
    Options
    Lisa check your bank today I've had my payment and someone else on here had theirs too 

Tho if you haven't doesn't mean you won't be getting it 
  • SueHeath
    SueHeath Community member Posts: 12,420 Disability Gamechanger
    Options
    That's great news @janer1967 xx
  • bg844
    bg844 Community member Posts: 3,887 Disability Gamechanger
    Options
    My sister and cousin had theirs yesterday. Unfortunately I’m not eligible but they said as soon as it came in they overpaid on their energy bill to try and mitigate the rises as much as possible. I’ll be doing that with my PIP bonus although £150 won’t even touch the sides. I feel so sorry for people who will have to use it for food etc, it’s going to be a really hard winter for many.
  • Sandy_123
    Sandy_123 Scope Member Posts: 51,526 Disability Gamechanger
    Options
    That's great @janer1967 not in mine yet. 

Brightness

Complete our feedback form and tell us how we can make the community better.