How is the cost of living crisis impacting you? - Page 7 — Scope | Disability forum
If we become concerned about you or anyone else while using one of our services, we will act in line with our safeguarding policy and procedures. This may involve sharing this information with relevant authorities to ensure we comply with our policies and legal obligations.

Find out how to let us know if you're concerned about another member's safety.
Please read our updated community house rules and community guidelines.

How is the cost of living crisis impacting you?

Options

Comments

• janer1967
    janer1967 Community member Posts: 21,964 Disability Gamechanger
    Options
    I know you need it @Amberpearl but don't blow it all at once after you get it as it is a while.till you will get the next cost of living payment so you should save some ready for increased bills etc 
  • Amberpearl
    Amberpearl Community member Posts: 1,214 Pioneering
    Options
    I don't know what day I will get it
  • Lisatho11987777
    Lisatho11987777 Scope Member Posts: 5,911 Disability Gamechanger
    Options
    Not being rude but if we are entitled  it goes into your account by the end of July no disrespect but its money we wouldn't of had if the government hadn't said they were going to pay us this money it is a bonus if we are eligible 

I got in touch with my energy company the water the counciol tax bt and my ee  to help with the cost of liveing problems 

I am now on bt home essentials 20.00 a month unlimited everything if your on a qualifying benefit you can get this  my gas and electric has  been reduced to 46 00 a week instead of 75 00  my water is now 39 00 a month and still waiting for counciol tax 

The cost of liveing payment is a bonus to help us out but people also need to help their self the payment is 326.00 its not alot of money compared to what in reality we have to pay out that amount foesnt even cover my rent but I will be able to pay all my bills by only makeing it up by 500.00 this month I will have money left which is a bonus for me so I will keep it back so I have money to fall back on 

• poppy123456
    poppy123456 Community member Posts: 54,666 Disability Gamechanger
    Options
    I need that money I've nothing 

Yes i realise that but there's nothing we can do because the only guidance they gave was up to 31st July.
    UC owe you some money for the LCWRA decision that you recently had. Put a message onto your journal under the payment section and ask about the money that's owed. The LCWRA element  is payable from February for you.
    I would appreciate it if members wouldn't tag me please. I have all notifcations turned off and wouldn't want a member thinking i'm being rude by not replying.
    If i see a question that i know the answer to i will try my best to help.
  • Amberpearl
    Options

Yes i realise that but there's nothing we can do because the only guidance they gave was up to 31st July.
    UC owe you some money for the LCWRA decision that you recently had. Put a message onto your journal under the payment section and ask about the money that's owed. The LCWRA element  is payable from February for you.
    I did leave a message on my journal on Friday. Do far no one has got back to me 

Also why have I just had a text message from restart saying don't forget your appointment tomorrow? When I domt need to do it anymore
  • Sandy_123
    Sandy_123 Scope Member Posts: 51,505 Disability Gamechanger
    Options
    @Amberpearl can you ask uc for a loan until your money is sorted?
  • poppy123456
    Options

I did leave a message on my journal on Friday. Do far no one has got back to me 

Also why have I just had a text message from restart saying don't forget your appointment tomorrow? When I domt need to do it anymore

Did you put the message under the payment section? If you do this then it will be seen by a case manager, otherwise it will go unread.
    It's likely that your appointment with restart wasn't cancelled but nothing will happen if you don't turn up because you have LCWRA you don't need to attend any appointments.
    I would appreciate it if members wouldn't tag me please. I have all notifcations turned off and wouldn't want a member thinking i'm being rude by not replying.
  • Amberpearl
    Options
    Yes I put it under the payment section 

Restart was done by phone 
  • Amberpearl
    Options
    Sandy_123 said:
    Yes but then I'd be in debt to them
    I've not heard anything since I was told I was awarded the Lcwra 11 days ago 
  • Biblioklept
    Biblioklept Community member Posts: 4,682 Disability Gamechanger
    Options
    I'm. Just a worrier 
    I get that, I am too! I know there's no reason I won't get it back my mind fixates on it and will worry about it until I see it pending. I'm the same with everything!! 
    I hope yours comes in soon so you can not worry so much <3 
  • Biblioklept
    Biblioklept Community member Posts: 4,682 Disability Gamechanger
    Options
    Do you have food for now and water? If not please reach out for help from your council, it's so important to eat and drink especially in the hot weather
  • poppy123456
    Options
    Sandy_123 said:

Although the letter tells you that they will contact you within 7 days if they owe you any money. They shouldn't do this because very often it takes them a few weeks to recalculate your past statements. It took them exactly 1 week for my daughter but that was because i put a message on her journal, which they answered within the hour and then she had the letter telling her how much they owed. It was then paid into her bank as a fast same day payment.

• Amberpearl
    Options
    Sandy_123 said:

Although the letter tells you that they will contact you within 7 days if they owe you any money. They shouldn't do this because very often it takes them a few weeks to recalculate your past statements. It took them exactly 1 week for my daughter but that was because i put a message on her journal, which they answered within the hour and then she had the letter telling her how much they owed. It was then paid into her bank as a fast same day payment.

Yes letter said 7 says. Heard nothing 
  • poppy123456
    Options
    I know you've already put the message under payment section once but please do that again and hopefully a case manager will see it tomorrow.
  • Penybont
    Penybont Community member Posts: 40 Connected
    Options
    Penybont said:
    Morning 
    Still not had the cost of living payment 

You are not the only one. It can be paid anytime up to 31st July. My daughter hasn't had hers yet either.
    Same here if you phone up my local council and press 0 you get a automated message about the cost of living it stated all letter will be sent out by the end of June. Still no letter or email manage to get them on the phone now they say I have to wait a week for the letter, but still don’t know why a letter was not issued in the first place.

This is not the cost of living payment because it's not administered by your Local Authority. You are talking about the £150 council tax rebate.
    Yes talking about council rebate.
  • poppy123456
    Options
    Not being rude but if we are entitled  it goes into your account by the end of July no disrespect but its money we wouldn't of had if the government hadn't said they were going to pay us this money it is a bonus if we are eligible 

I got in touch with my energy company the water the counciol tax bt and my ee  to help with the cost of liveing problems 

I am now on bt home essentials 20.00 a month unlimited everything if your on a qualifying benefit you can get this  my gas and electric has  been reduced to 46 00 a week instead of 75 00  my water is now 39 00 a month and still waiting for counciol tax 

The cost of liveing payment is a bonus to help us out but people also need to help their self the payment is 326.00 its not alot of money compared to what in reality we have to pay out that amount foesnt even cover my rent but I will be able to pay all my bills by only makeing it up by 500.00 this month I will have money left which is a bonus for me so I will keep it back so I have money to fall back on 

Lisa, i thought you now use your "new account" sorry but i'm still really confused.
  • Girl_No1
    Girl_No1 Community member Posts: 152 Pioneering
    Options
    I am still managing with food/fuel.  Have reduced my food bill by not buying biscuits, crisps etc.  Of course if we all do that there's a knock-on effect to those employed in that sector.

We used to go out for lunch and dinner once per week.  Now we go out for a pub lunch and have a takeaway instead of dinner out.  Again, the concern is the impact on those employed in our favourite restaurants/pubs.

I do not qualify for the £650 due to having an occupational pension meaning, thankfully, I am not eligible for means tested benefits.  I am grateful, though, for the £150 (PIP) and standard £400 fuel payment.

I do think it was an error the government announcing a *from* date regarding the first instalment of the £650 payment.  Everyone seems to assume they will be first in the queue when a range of dates is given.  Govt. would, imo, have been better saying everyone should receive their payment by 07/08/22 which would mean only those who had not received their payment by 31/07/22 would be contacting them.  

I was helping a neighbour earlier with her PIP claim, and we phoned them.  So many messages on the system reminding people the payment will be made up to 31 July.   DWP staff must be demented with people calling to ask about something that is nowhere near overdue!!
  • poppy123456
    Options
    Girl_No1 said:
     Govt. would, imo, have been better saying everyone should receive their payment by 07/08/22 which would mean only those who had not received their payment by 31/07/22 would be contacting them. 
    Even then, there would still be people asking why haven't they received their payment yet.
  • woodbine
    woodbine Community member Posts: 11,720 Disability Gamechanger
    Options
    I'm seeing people who have had the payment and many ore who have yet to get it, the only advice is hang on and it will soon be your turn.
    2024 The year of the general election...the time for change is coming 💡

• pinklady25
    pinklady25 Community member Posts: 118 Courageous
    Options
    From what I have seen so far esa are getting their payments not everyone on uc will get the payments it depends on different circumstances I am on uc but I also work so dont know if I will get it I am just waiting to see and will consider myself lucky and grateful if I do receive it  I will get the 150 00 as I am on pip and the 400.00  which I will be grateful for there is alot of help for people who are struggling all my bills have been reduced now which is a great help 😊 

Brightness

Complete our feedback form and tell us how we can make the community better.