If we become concerned about you or anyone else while using one of our services, we will act in line with our safeguarding policy and procedures. This may involve sharing this information with relevant authorities to ensure we comply with our policies and legal obligations.

Find out how to let us know if you're concerned about another member's safety.
Please read our updated community house rules and community guidelines.

Carers element uc

Options
charl1980
charl1980 Community member Posts: 132 Courageous
If I have lcw but report a change of circumstances can I claim carers element for partner both recieve pip but care do different things for each other, also will they have me doing loads of stuff at jobcentre in wait for it to be awarded as I'm on lcw I only go every few months as I work ptime

Comments

• bg844
    bg844 Community member Posts: 3,887 Disability Gamechanger
    Options
    Yes you can. If you get awarded LCWRA from LCW then any Carer’s Element will be deducted from potential back payments.

Just to make you aware, if you provide fit notes for the same condition then your GP needs to write your condition has worsened. If it’s for a new condition that’s fine.
  • poppy123456
    poppy123456 Community member Posts: 55,097 Disability Gamechanger
    Options
    bg844 said:

Just to make you aware, if you provide fit notes for the same condition then your GP needs to write your condition has worsened. If it’s for a new condition that’s fine.
    I don't think that's correct. This only applies if someone was found fit for work. However, i wouldn't expect anyone to report changes unless their condition has got worse and they are sure they qualify for LCWRA.

I would appreciate it if members wouldn't tag me please. I have all notifcations turned off and wouldn't want a member thinking i'm being rude by not replying.
    If i see a question that i know the answer to i will try my best to help.
  • calcotti
    calcotti Community member Posts: 10,010 Disability Gamechanger
    Options
    charl1980 said:
    If I have lcw but report a change of circumstances can I claim carers element for partner both recieve pip but care do different things for each other, also will they have me doing loads of stuff at jobcentre in wait for it to be awarded as I'm on lcw I only go every few months as I work ptime
    Has your partner had a Work Capability Assessment and do they have either LCW or LCWRA?
    Information I post is for England unless otherwise stated. Rules may be different in other parts of UK.
  • charl1980
    Options
    They get full pip and lcwra and I have applied they have put it to case manager apparently 
  • charl1980
    Options
    I get lcw but still have to undertake a review apparently even if I get carers element I thourght lcw carers would just stop any action from uc?
  • calcotti
    calcotti Community member Posts: 10,010 Disability Gamechanger
    edited February 2023
    Options
    That was the intent behind my question.

If you receive carer element then you should have no work search or work related activity requirement.

Are you getting the carer element? Your opening post says ‘can I claim carers element’.

If in the future you are found to have LCWRA you would not be paid it because your partner already gets it and you can’t both be paid it. Similarly be can’t get carer element even if he looks after you because the same person can’t get both LCWRA and carer.
    Information I post is for England unless otherwise stated. Rules may be different in other parts of UK.
Complete our feedback form and tell us how we can make the community better.

Do you need advice on your energy costs?

Scope’s Disability Energy Support service is open to any disabled household in England or Wales in which one or more disabled people live. You can get free advice from an expert adviser on managing energy debt, switching tariffs, contacting your supplier and more. Find out more information by visiting our
Disability Energy Support webpage.