Hi everyone, how long do these things tend to take?

donnnapow33
donnnapow33 Community member Posts: 3 Listener
edited April 2023 in Universal Credit (UC)
I returned the UC 50 questionnaire back and the health and assessment said they didn’t receive it by the 27th March and they referred it back to dwp, the forms arrived the 29th March, not sure what took them so long I posted them on the 20th March. I should have sent them recorded delivery but I didn’t. Trying to get a reply in my journal from UC is almost impossible, apparently it’s with a decision maker to see what the next steps are, does anyone know how long these things tend to take  ? Thanks 

Comments

• poppy123456
    poppy123456 Community member Posts: 59,054 Championing
    There’s no timescales how long it will take. If the decision maker accepts the late returning of your form then everything will be returned back the health assessment providers. Did you get proof or posting? This is free from any post office and all that’s needed to prove you returned the forms. 

From there an assessment will most likely be needed because most people have them. The wait for this could be several months. 
  • donnnapow33
    Thank you for the reply, no my daughter posted them for me and didn’t get proof of postage unfortunately.

Will I have to fill in another questionnaire and send all my medical evidence again ? 
  • poppy123456
    poppy123456 Community member Posts: 59,054 Championing

Will I have to fill in another questionnaire and send all my medical evidence again ? 
    The problem when they receive the forms late is that you could be found fit for work for failing to return the forms. You maybe contacted by the decision maker to ask why they were returned late. 
    If the decision maker accepts the reason then they will just return the forms and evidence back to the health assessment providers. 
  • donnnapow33
    Thank you