In case it's helpful - Page 2 — Scope | Disability forum
If we become concerned about you or anyone else while using one of our services, we will act in line with our safeguarding policy and procedures. This may involve sharing this information with relevant authorities to ensure we comply with our policies and legal obligations.

Find out how to let us know if you're concerned about another member's safety.
Please read our updated community house rules and community guidelines.

In case it's helpful

Options
2»

Comments

• whistles
    whistles Community member Posts: 1,583 Disability Gamechanger
    Options
    Yadnad said:
    april123 said:
    They have more idea than a hp who only seen you for the first time for one hour if you normally see the same GP.
    Well as a prime example I went to the GP's this morning. Turns out it was another doctor that I have never seen before! He had no idea whatsoever about any of my medical and mental health issues.
    His opening comments were that I was feeling rough because I had not bought my wife flowers recently?? **** is he on about!
    After that opening remark there was no way was I wanting to discuss my mental health problems so left it with telling him that my right shoulder blade was painful. With that I stood up, then he had me in a reverse bear hug with his right arm under my chin and started to pull backwards. and with his left arm twisting my left hand side ribcage - seriously. Then came the diagnosis - muscle spasm was my issue.
     I was out of there as fast as I could limp and waddle.

The guy was a complete nutter!
    I only see my own gp for my on going issues.
    No point seeing anyone who doesn't even know you. 
    For other things it doesn't matter.
    Do not follow me, I don't know where I am going.
  • Topkitten
    Topkitten Community member Posts: 1,285 Pioneering
    Options
    Different surgeries have different procedures and I have been registered with 6 in the last 3 years or so, kicked out of 2. I have had almost nothing registered at one or two and almost everything registered at one. It depends on the staff. Whenever I contact them, even if I only speak to reception I always insist that notes are made in my records of my contact but it seems to depend on the staff member concerned as to whether it gets done.

The way around any of these types of problems is to contact the 111 service as they always generate reports which are forwarded to your surgery and get filed into your records. The same applies to ambulance, A&E and Police involvement. I have found all 4 of these services very helpful, thoughtful and useful. It is a shame that GP surgeries cannot be bothered to be the same.

TK
    "I'm on the wrong side of heaven and the righteous side of hell" - from Wrong side of heaven by Five Finger Death Punch.
  • whistles
    whistles Community member Posts: 1,583 Disability Gamechanger
    Options
    Maybe I am lucky in that I have known my gp a fair amount of my life.  Not sure why a surgery would decline your registration, but some are stretched to capacity.
    All these new houses being built and no facilities.

Never used the 111 service. I always wonder how well trained they are.
    Do not follow me, I don't know where I am going.
  • Yadnad
    Yadnad Posts: 2,856 Disability Gamechanger
    Options
    @Yadnad sounds pretty rough where you live with nutter GP's and 40 different languages and built up area you now live, how I know this I was reading some of your other posts. Perhaps now the time to move.

I moved years ago from all that rat race to a village that is a world Heritage site and the population is on 500 it's bliss and they can't built new houses here period and only one language. I had enough living down south to hectic for me I prefere the quite life I won't even visit people down there they come here.

Trust me I'm surprised he treated you like that but seems the way country is going. To the dogs bring back the good old days when people had respect.
    Oh yes please something akin to the 50's and 60's.

We would both love to move away to a quieter area - either Norfolk or the Yorks Dales but all of our children and grandchildren live locally and see them on a daily basis.
    We actually moved down South in the mid 80's to ensure that we got away from the towns and cities of the North West. I'm not racist but objected to my children being forced to learn at senior school  to read, write and speak the languages of the Indian/Pakistan continent. Our current home was also in a small/medium village, very middle class, 0 crime. But it was overshadowed by a large amount of MOD land that they no longer wanted. Consequently houses were built on it to accommodate the 9000 extra inhabitants that moved in including a large chunk of people off the housing register from the nearest town some 5 miles away. Now we live in a lovely 3 bed cottage, part of the old village but surrounded by what can only be described as a huge 'council estate'. Crime has gone through the roof and it is no longer safe for the elderly and vulnerable to venture out on their own even in daylight hours.

I became a town councillor to try to change what was happening  but I do feel like I am banging my head against a brick wall.

Brightness

Complete our feedback form and tell us how we can make the community better.

Do you need advice on your energy costs?

Scope’s Disability Energy Support service is open to any disabled household in England or Wales in which one or more disabled people live. You can get free advice from an expert adviser on managing energy debt, switching tariffs, contacting your supplier and more. Find out more information by visiting our
Disability Energy Support webpage.