LCWRA Win after appeal that didn't happen! — Scope | Disability forum
If we become concerned about you or anyone else while using one of our services, we will act in line with our safeguarding policy and procedures. This may involve sharing this information with relevant authorities to ensure we comply with our policies and legal obligations.

Find out how to let us know if you're concerned about another member's safety.
Please read our updated community house rules and community guidelines.

LCWRA Win after appeal that didn't happen!

Adventium
Adventium Community member Posts: 31 Connected
edited December 2020 in Universal Credit (UC)
So, I was semi active a few months ago here. I spoke about getting LCW and wanting to appeal. 

I started an MR which was returned with an upholding of LCW. And eventually got the paperwork through, and there were so many inaccuracies, and outright lies. In places they even contradicted themselves. 

I applied for an appeal, and was recently given 14 days notice. I felt lost initially as I had no idea what to do about evidence for them, or how to get it to them in time. 

Yesterday I spent hours going through the paperwork and little evidence they had, which was very clear, I wrote down every place I disagreed and why. Talking points for the phone call with the court.

Today, they called 20 mins early, and told me the appeal tribunal won't be going ahead as the evidence was more than clear enough, and I should have had LCWRA from the start. So they had already made the decision!

I now have LCWRA, and in so much relief!

This on top of me having an operation to have my gallbladder removed a week ago XD 

So guys, just don't give up. I didn't think things would go right, and feared the worst. Keep at it! If it needs to go to tribunal, do it! And ask for help, if you feel you need it. Without the guys here, I may have lost hope. Big thank you to you guys!
Tagged:

Comments

• janer1967
    janer1967 Community member Posts: 21,964 Disability Gamechanger
    That's great news and thanks for sharing 

I win LCWRA at tribunal so agree it is worth fighting for 
  • Cher_Alumni
    Cher_Alumni Scope alumni Posts: 5,741 Disability Gamechanger
    edited November 2020
    Brilliant news @Adventium

Our members really do give great advice and your story gives hope to people who might be struggling :)  Thank you for sharing.

Just to add: I hope you are feeling okay after your op - take it easy and all the best for your recovery.
    Online Community Co-ordinator

Want to tell us about your experience on the online community?  Talk to our chatbot and let us know.

Concerned about another member's safety or wellbeing? Flag your concerns with us.
  • poppy123456
    poppy123456 Community member Posts: 53,330 Disability Gamechanger
    Greats news! thanks for sharing :)
    I would appreciate it if members wouldn't tag me please. I have all notifcations turned off and wouldn't want a member thinking i'm being rude by not replying.
    If i see a question that i know the answer to i will try my best to help.
  • Adventium

Just to add: I hope you are feeling okay after your op - take it easy and all the best for your recovery.
    Thankyou! Yeah, it was rough with my health and anxiety, but it's been a week today, and it's healing nicely. Never have to go through another gallbladder attack, so I definitely consider it a win. 
    Now if only I could get the cat to stop stepping on the wound sites...
  • Adventium
    Since the appeal, I've heard nothing. Am I suppost to receive a letter from the tribunal, or DWP? 
    Sorry to be a pain.

• poppy123456
    If the decision was made by the Tribunal then they should have sent you the decision letter. If it was made by DWP then you should have received it from them.
    I would appreciate it if members wouldn't tag me please. I have all notifcations turned off and wouldn't want a member thinking i'm being rude by not replying.
  • Adventium
    Was tribunal. On 30th of Nov, but no news. Any idea, Poppy, how long it takes to receive news about the decision?
    I know the change in payment can take up to 8 weeks, but I think I saw somewhere you'd receive info from the tribunal within a week.
  • poppy123456
    After a telephone hearing it can take up to 3 weeks to receive the decision letter but for you the decision was already made before the hearing took place so i have no idea why you haven't received the letter yet. You could try contacting HMCTS and ask them.
  • Adventium
    Never mind. Sorry Poppy. I should have checked my Email yesterday. They have sent me an email saying I'll receive info from HMCTS by the 19th of dec. So, all is well!
    Thankyou very much for your help, Poppy, you're as awesome as ever!
  • poppy123456
    Glad you've heard from them and you're welcome :) Thank you for the kind words too!

Brightness

Complete our feedback form and tell us how we can make the community better.

Do you need advice on your energy costs?

Scope’s Disability Energy Support service is open to any disabled household in England or Wales in which one or more disabled people live. You can get free advice from an expert adviser on managing energy debt, switching tariffs, contacting your supplier and more. Find out more information by visiting our
Disability Energy Support webpage.