Hi, my name is Bagpuss56! I'm asking for a review, does anyone have any advice? — Scope | Disability forum
If we become concerned about you or anyone else while using one of our services, we will act in line with our safeguarding policy and procedures. This may involve sharing this information with relevant authorities to ensure we comply with our policies and legal obligations.

Find out how to let us know if you're concerned about another member's safety.
Please read our updated community house rules and community guidelines.

Hi, my name is Bagpuss56! I'm asking for a review, does anyone have any advice?

Bagpuss56
Bagpuss56 Community member Posts: 19 Listener
edited January 2021 in PIP, DLA, and AA
My wife has had her pip reduced as DWP say that Chrohn's disease side effects are not within the scope of the descriptor, for instance, my wife cannot prepare or cook even simple foods as the smell makes her nauseous or violently sick, I am also disabled, and so we rely only on microwave foods, which my wife eats maybe once every two or three days, she scored 0 points and was told that her reasoning was outside the scope of the descriptor.
she is also horribly incontinent and rarely goes out as she just does not want to face people with such a risk and such bad smelling uncontrollable flatulence yet again 0 points and outside scope.
I am asking for a review, any help would be very useful.

Comments

• poppy123456
    poppy123456 Community member Posts: 53,365 Disability Gamechanger
    HI and welcome,

For the MR request you should state exactly where she thinks she should have scored those points and her reasons why. Then add a couple of recent real world examples of what happened the last time she attempted that activity for each descriptor that applies to her, adding who was with her, where it happened and a detailed explanation.

If the MR decision doesn't change then it will be Tribunal after that. Difficult to advise further here because no one here knows exactly how her conditions affect her against the PIP descriptors.

Expert advice would be useful here and for this start here. https://advicelocal.uk/

Good luck.

I would appreciate it if members wouldn't tag me please. I have all notifcations turned off and wouldn't want a member thinking i'm being rude by not replying.
    If i see a question that i know the answer to i will try my best to help.
  • Bagpuss56
    Bagpuss56 Community member Posts: 19 Listener
    Thank you Poppy123456
  • chiarieds
    chiarieds Community member Posts: 16,007 Disability Gamechanger
    Hi @Bagpuss56 - I just wanted to add my 'welcome' to the community, & hope 2021 is a better year for you both. Do take onboard Poppy's advice, & put your wife's Mandatory Reconsideration (MR) in writing. Do concentrate on where you feel your wife should have got those points, & seek advice local to you as advised to help with her MR.

Brightness

Complete our feedback form and tell us how we can make the community better.

Do you need advice on your energy costs?

Scope’s Disability Energy Support service is open to any disabled household in England or Wales in which one or more disabled people live. You can get free advice from an expert adviser on managing energy debt, switching tariffs, contacting your supplier and more. Find out more information by visiting our
Disability Energy Support webpage.