I'm at tribunal stage. Got a letter saying position remains unchanged. What does this mean? — Scope | Disability forum
If we become concerned about you or anyone else while using one of our services, we will act in line with our safeguarding policy and procedures. This may involve sharing this information with relevant authorities to ensure we comply with our policies and legal obligations.

Find out how to let us know if you're concerned about another member's safety.
Please read our updated community house rules and community guidelines.

I'm at tribunal stage. Got a letter saying position remains unchanged. What does this mean?

trixie2013
trixie2013 Community member Posts: 17 Listener
edited December 2021 in PIP, DLA, and AA
Help I have got to the stage of pip tribunal, this morning received letter saying they have received evidence regarding a discharge letter and print screens of previous appts, I have not got a date for my tribunal but the end of the letter has really got me down it says the secretary of states position remains unchanged. I don’t know what they mean by this any advice really gratefully received.
many thanks 

Comments

• calcotti
    calcotti Community member Posts: 10,010 Disability Gamechanger
    I take it the letter is from DWP. It means that they haven’t changed their mins about their existing decision. Therefore you will continue to a tribunal hearing.
    Information I post is for England unless otherwise stated. Rules may be different in other parts of UK.
  • trixie2013
    Thank you for your response, things like this always drop through the letterbox at the weekend when no one at work to ring and ask, I don’t think I’ve ever felt so stressful 
  • poppy123456
    poppy123456 Community member Posts: 53,359 Disability Gamechanger
    It’s never too late to get representation, start here https://advicelocal.uk/
    I would appreciate it if members wouldn't tag me please. I have all notifcations turned off and wouldn't want a member thinking i'm being rude by not replying.
    If i see a question that i know the answer to i will try my best to help.
  • Tori_Scope
    Tori_Scope Scope Posts: 12,488 Disability Gamechanger
    Welcome to the community @trixie2013 :) 

I'm sorry to hear that you're feeling so stressed at the moment. I hope that calcotti's comment has cleared that up for you a bit.

Do you have an expert rep helping you with your tribunal? If not, I'd definitely second the advice to check out advicelocal.uk to see if there's any support available to you. 
    National Campaigns Officer, she/her

Join our call for an equal future.
  • trixie2013
    Many thanks for your support after watching despatches last night can see why people are in the state they are 
  • trixie2013
    What is the status of waiting time for pip tribunal atm anyone know and how am I suppose to financially cope if I can’t work 
  • calcotti
    trixie2013 said:..how am I suppose to financially cope if I can’t work 
    What other benefits do you claim?
    Information I post is for England unless otherwise stated. Rules may be different in other parts of UK.
  • poppy123456
    edited December 2021
    11-16 weeks. PIP isn't about not being able to work. Have you had a full benefits check to see if you're entitled to any other benefits? If you haven't then you should do this by contacting an advice agency near you. Start here. https://advicelocal.uk/

I would appreciate it if members wouldn't tag me please. I have all notifcations turned off and wouldn't want a member thinking i'm being rude by not replying.
  • trixie2013
    Up to 2 months ago I was working full time struggling but have to work to pay the bills, I have been put on the sick by doctors for last 2 months have a telephone appointment on Friday with them. Spent most of Xmas in bed due to pain but if the dog Oct or says I have to work I have no option, partner works full time been told not eligible for any help 
  • trixie2013
  • calcotti
    Up to 2 months ago I was working full time struggling but have to work to pay the bills, I have been put on the sick by doctors for last 2 months ..
    Are you receiving sick pay from your employer?
  • poppy123456
    Are you claiming SSP from your employer? This is payable for 28 weeks with a fit notes from your GP. https://www.gov.uk/statutory-sick-pay/eligibility
    3 months before this ends you can claim New style ESA providing you've paid the correct amount of NI contirbutions in the previous 2 tax years, which will be April 2019 to March 2020 from the 1st week in January. You will need your SSP1 form and a fit note from your GP but you won't receive any money until the SSP ends.
    If you're not entitled to any SSP and have paid the correct amount of NI contributions in the previous 2 tax years (2018 - 2020 if you claim now) then you can claim New style ESA now.

• trixie2013
    Yes but only have another couple of weeks I think 
  • trixie2013
    Thank you im
    just worried that I won’t be able to pay my bills 
  • poppy123456
    Look at claiming New style ESA if you've paid the correct amount of NI contributions. It pays £74.70 per week (over 25's)
  • calcotti
    edited December 2021
    Yes but only have another couple of weeks I think 
    SSP (£96.35/week) is payable for 28 weeks. If you are eligible your employer must pay this.

Brightness

Complete our feedback form and tell us how we can make the community better.

Do you need advice on your energy costs?

Scope’s Disability Energy Support service is open to any disabled household in England or Wales in which one or more disabled people live. You can get free advice from an expert adviser on managing energy debt, switching tariffs, contacting your supplier and more. Find out more information by visiting our
Disability Energy Support webpage.