If we become concerned about you or anyone else while using one of our services, we will act in line with our safeguarding policy and procedures. This may involve sharing this information with relevant authorities to ensure we comply with our policies and legal obligations.

Find out how to let us know if you're concerned about another member's safety.
Please read our updated community house rules and community guidelines.

How long does it take to get paid after your assessment?

Options
Rubysmith37
Rubysmith37 Community member Posts: 9 Listener
edited January 2022 in Universal Credit (UC)
Hi can anyone tell me how long it takes to get paid After your Assessment

Comments

• poppy123456
    poppy123456 Community member Posts: 55,098 Disability Gamechanger
    Options
    Hi,
    Which benefit are you talking about? First you need to have a decision in your favour because if you're refused there's no money to be paid. If it's PIP then decision waiting times are between 2-12 weeks.
    I would appreciate it if members wouldn't tag me please. I have all notifcations turned off and wouldn't want a member thinking i'm being rude by not replying.
    If i see a question that i know the answer to i will try my best to help.
  • Libby_Alumni
    Libby_Alumni Scope alumni Posts: 1,251 Pioneering
    Options
    Hello @Rubysmith37

Thank you for your comment - how are you today?

Before myself/our members answer your query, it would be useful to know what assessment you're referring to and if you have already had confirmation of receiving the payment or are you in the process of hearing about a payment decision?

Providing these answers for us, will allow us to give you more tailored feedback :)

Libby
    Online Community Information Coordinator
    Scope

Concerned about another member's safety or wellbeing? Flag your concerns with us.

Did we do a good job at answering your queries or concerns? If so, complete our feedback form now. 
  • Rubysmith37
    Options
      It’s a work capable assessment it was 9th January that I got accepted I just wanna no how long it takes my uc payment is not for till 24th February 
  • poppy123456
    Options
    You will only receive the extra £343.63 per month if you're found to have LCWRA and providing you're not claiming UC with a partner that already recieves this element on your UC.
    If this is your first work capability assessment there's a waiting period of 3 full assessment periods and it's then paid from the 4th month of your claim starting from when you first reported your health condition. It is not paid at all during the waiting period.
    Decisions can take anything up to 12 weeks, sometimes longer. Once the decision's been made you will receive the letter onto your journal.

I would appreciate it if members wouldn't tag me please. I have all notifcations turned off and wouldn't want a member thinking i'm being rude by not replying.
  • Rubysmith37
    Options
    I have  received it through my journal and I have been awarded it just wondering how long from them does it take 
  • poppy123456
    Options
    As advised here...
     there's a waiting period of 3 full assessment periods and it's then paid from the 4th month of your claim starting from when you first reported your health condition. It is not paid at all during the waiting period.

What date did you first report your health condition? and have you continued to send in fit notes without any gaps?
    I note that you usually receive your payment on the 24th of the month, this means your assessment periods are 18th to 17th of each month.
  • Rubysmith37
    Options
    I did send in fit notes with out any gaps 
  • poppy123456
    Options
    You haven’t answered this question 

What date did you first report your health condition 
  • Rubysmith37
    Options
    20th August 2021 and I’ve been sending in fit notes all the time the 9th of January there said I didn’t need to send them anymore 
  • poppy123456
    edited January 2022
    Options
    Therefore you reported your health condition in AP Agust/Sept. Your waiting period is as follows. Sept/Oct, Oct/Nov, Nov/Dec.. LCWRA paid from AP 18th December to 17th January, first payment payable 24th January 2022. Which means they owe you 1 month at £343.63.
    You should have the LCWRA element added to your next payment dated 24th February.
    The 1 month they owe will be paid separately to your usually monthly payment and it can sometimes take a few week for them to pay what is owed.
  • Rubysmith37
    Options
Complete our feedback form and tell us how we can make the community better.

Do you need advice on your energy costs?

Scope’s Disability Energy Support service is open to any disabled household in England or Wales in which one or more disabled people live. You can get free advice from an expert adviser on managing energy debt, switching tariffs, contacting your supplier and more. Find out more information by visiting our
Disability Energy Support webpage.