If we become concerned about you or anyone else while using one of our services, we will act in line with our safeguarding policy and procedures. This may involve sharing this information with relevant authorities to ensure we comply with our policies and legal obligations.

Find out how to let us know if you're concerned about another member's safety.
Please read our updated community house rules and community guidelines.

Been awarded Lcwra. I'm currently tying to get information through my journal, but no reply. Why?

Options
aid1234
aid1234 Community member Posts: 17 Listener
edited May 2022 in Universal Credit (UC)
Hi I have been awarded Lcwra. 
Am currently trying to get some information from anyone on my Uc journal but no getting back to me after this being the 3rd day.
does anyone know why?? 

Comments

• calcotti
    calcotti Community member Posts: 10,010 Disability Gamechanger
    Options
    What information are you trying to get?
    Information I post is for England unless otherwise stated. Rules may be different in other parts of UK.
  • aid1234
    Options
    How long it take for backdated payment to be made and do I need to be in contact with any worker and what date do my monthly payments start 
  • poppy123456
    poppy123456 Community member Posts: 55,097 Disability Gamechanger
    Options
    You should receive the extra money for LCWRA element in your next payment.
    The 2 months that you're owed will be paid separately and it can take a few weeks for them to recalculate your statements to work out exactly what they owe you.

I would appreciate it if members wouldn't tag me please. I have all notifcations turned off and wouldn't want a member thinking i'm being rude by not replying.
    If i see a question that i know the answer to i will try my best to help.
  • aid1234
    Options
     Ap- 26-27th
    pay day 3rd 
    1st fit note- 1st nov (no gaps) 
    Uc50- they received on the 18th January 
    awarded Lcwra - 17th may 
    Dwp are saying they owe me no backdate ( I dnt owe them money ) 
    many advice on what I can do please 

• poppy123456
    poppy123456 Community member Posts: 55,097 Disability Gamechanger
    Options
    They are not correct here. You won't be the first person to have this problem. Your waiting period is as follows Nov/Dec, Dec/Jan, Jan/feb … LCWRA starts from AP 27th Feb to 26th March and first payment would be 3rd April.
    So they owe you for AP feb/March, March/April, which is 2 months. The LCWRA element should be added to this months statement.
    You can request the Mandatory Reconsideration for this telling them you disagree with the decision of the start date for LCWRA, tell them exactly when you reported your health condition and you sent fit notes without any gaps. Remind them the waiting periods starts when you send evidence of your health condition.
    I would appreciate it if members wouldn't tag me please. I have all notifcations turned off and wouldn't want a member thinking i'm being rude by not replying.
    If i see a question that i know the answer to i will try my best to help.
  • aid1234
    Options
    Hi poppy, I have rang and even I lady has said on the phone I am entitled to back date. So she told me to write what she says down in paper and then for me to write that in my journal so hopefully something will be done. If not then I’ll bring taking ur advice 
Complete our feedback form and tell us how we can make the community better.

Do you need advice on your energy costs?

Scope’s Disability Energy Support service is open to any disabled household in England or Wales in which one or more disabled people live. You can get free advice from an expert adviser on managing energy debt, switching tariffs, contacting your supplier and more. Find out more information by visiting our
Disability Energy Support webpage.