Hi, my name is s0phxx_! — Scope | Disability forum
If we become concerned about you or anyone else while using one of our services, we will act in line with our safeguarding policy and procedures. This may involve sharing this information with relevant authorities to ensure we comply with our policies and legal obligations.

Find out how to let us know if you're concerned about another member's safety.
Please read our updated community house rules and community guidelines.

Hi, my name is s0phxx_!

Options
s0phxx_
s0phxx_ Community member Posts: 6 Listener
My son has Autism & Adhd + a number of other needs. Here to find support, advice and give back when i can to others. 

Comments

• Tori_Scope
    Tori_Scope Scope Posts: 12,492 Disability Gamechanger
    Options
    Welcome to the community @s0phxx_ :) It's great to have you on board, so thanks for joining! How are you doing today?

This is a friendly and supportive community, so you've come to the right place. It's great to see that you've made another post about your situation already. Please feel free to take a look around the community, and continue to get stuck in. You may be particularly interested in visiting the following categories:
    National Campaigns Officer, she/her

Check out our Playground Accessibility Map
  • L_Volunteer
    L_Volunteer Community Volunteer Adviser, Scope Member Posts: 7,978 Disability Gamechanger
    Options

Hello @s0phxx_. Welcome to Scope’s forum. It is great to see you have joined us. How are you today?

I can hear your son has autism, adhd and a number of other needs and you are here to find support and advice and give back when you can to others.

I am just wondering if you would like to tell us more about the support and advice you are looking for in particular? This would just help us to provide you with more effective support and advice which is what you deserve.

In terms of wanting to give back when you can to others, I would just like to say thank you. It is people like you who make our community the supportive and friendly space it is. Please remember we are here for you too though if you need anything!  <3

Community Volunteer Adviser with professional knowledge of education, special educational needs and disabilities and EHCP's. Pronouns: She/her. 

Please note: if I use the online community outside of its hours of administration, I am doing so in a personal capacity only.
  • s0phxx_
    s0phxx_ Community member Posts: 6 Listener
    Options

Hello @s0phxx_. Welcome to Scope’s forum. It is great to see you have joined us. How are you today?

I can hear your son has autism, adhd and a number of other needs and you are here to find support and advice and give back when you can to others.

I am just wondering if you would like to tell us more about the support and advice you are looking for in particular? This would just help us to provide you with more effective support and advice which is what you deserve.

In terms of wanting to give back when you can to others, I would just like to say thank you. It is people like you who make our community the supportive and friendly space it is. Please remember we are here for you too though if you need anything!  <3

Hiiii, im wanting support really or advice with my sons schooling, ehcp and funding. any support networks other people use. i have spoken to a lady from scope before on the phone who was really nice and helpful and i used some of the things she suggested but school just dont seem willing to put anything in place for my son. xx

• L_Volunteer
    L_Volunteer Community Volunteer Adviser, Scope Member Posts: 7,978 Disability Gamechanger
    Options
    That's frustrating @s0phxx_. It sounds difficult that you are experiencing that at the moment.

I particularly agree with @Alicewillow about considering what support you think would be most beneficial for your son. 

Though, often if your son's school isn't being cooperative, the local authority is your best first point of call. 

Additionally, does your son already have an EHCP or is this something you think he needs but doesn't yet have access to?

I am glad you have spoken to a lady from Scope before on the phone who was nice and helpful. If we can also be helpful, please don't hesitate to let us know. We are all here for you  :)
    Community Volunteer Adviser with professional knowledge of education, special educational needs and disabilities and EHCP's. Pronouns: She/her. 

Please note: if I use the online community outside of its hours of administration, I am doing so in a personal capacity only.

Brightness

Complete our feedback form and tell us how we can make the community better.