Remaining politically neutral during General Election 2024

Under guidance from the Electoral Commission and Charity Commission, it's important that Scope remains politically neutral during General Elections.

While we understand that this period will see many passionate discussions and do not want to discourage open discussion, we cannot allow discussions which are purely intended to influence voting.

As ever, please make sure that your comments remain respectful of other people's opinions and keep to our online community house rules.
If we become concerned about you or anyone else while using one of our services, we will act in line with our safeguarding policy and procedures. This may involve sharing this information with relevant authorities to ensure we comply with our policies and legal obligations.

Pip award. My husband's condition has got worse. They've reduced his payments. I'm so confused

Options
zoeemma77
zoeemma77 Community member Posts: 2 Listener
edited November 2022 in PIP, DLA, and AA
Hi 
my husband is in receipt of pip enhanced daily living and standard mobility. His condition has got worse over the past several months so I informed pip, they got him to renew his award and today they have stopped his payments. They have take away the mobility component and reduced daily living to standard. I’m so confused by their decision as his condition has got worse. I have called them and they have said all I can do is a mandatory reconsideration. I was wondering if anyone else has ad a similar experience 
thank you 

Comments

• calcotti
    calcotti Community member Posts: 10,010 Disability Gamechanger
    edited November 2022
    Options
    zoeemma77 said:
    my husband is in receipt of pip enhanced daily living and standard mobility. His condition has got worse over the past several months so I informed pip, they got him to renew his award and today they have stopped his payments. They have take away the mobility component and reduced daily living to standard. I’m so confused by their decision as his condition has got worse. I have called them and they have said all I can do is a mandatory reconsideration. I was wondering if anyone else has ad a similar experience 
    thank you 
    It does happen. When you report a change they review the whole award in the same way they would assess a new claim.

As they have said, all you can now do is request a Mandatory Reconsideration and if necessary after that appeal to the tribunal service.
    https://www.citizensadvice.org.uk/benefits/benefits-introduction/problems-with-benefits-and-tax-credits/challenging-benefit-decisions/

You say they have stopped his payments but you say he is still awarded the standard rate of Daily Living so I assume you mean that they have reduced his payments.
    Information I post is for England unless otherwise stated. Rules may be different in other parts of UK.
  • zoeemma77
    zoeemma77 Community member Posts: 2 Listener
    Options
    No they didn’t make a payment today, I have called them and they said they have recalled the payment from the bank (it didn’t go in this morning) which will take 5-7 days and they will reissue the new reduced payment which will take 3 days. So I have to wait up to 10 days for the payment. 

• calcotti
    calcotti Community member Posts: 10,010 Disability Gamechanger
    Options
    zoeemma77 said:
    No they didn’t make a payment today, I have called them and they said they have recalled the payment from the bank (it didn’t go in this morning) which will take 5-7 days and they will reissue the new reduced payment which will take 3 days. So I have to wait up to 10 days for the payment. 
    That does make sense (although not helpful).
    Information I post is for England unless otherwise stated. Rules may be different in other parts of UK.
Complete our feedback form and tell us how we can make the community better.

Do you need advice on your energy costs?

Scope’s Disability Energy Support service is open to any disabled household in England or Wales in which one or more disabled people live. You can get free advice from an expert adviser on managing energy debt, switching tariffs, contacting your supplier and more. Find out more information by visiting our
Disability Energy Support webpage.
If we become concerned about you or anyone else while using one of our services, we will act in line with our safeguarding policy and procedures. This may involve sharing this information with relevant authorities to ensure we comply with our policies and legal obligations.

Find out how to let us know if you're concerned about another member's safety.