pip waiting times for tribunal - Page 2 — Scope | Disability forum
Please read our updated community house rules and community guidelines.

pip waiting times for tribunal

Comments

• noluckatall
    noluckatall Community member Posts: 19 Listener
    Hi all I have been waiting 47 weeks for a tribunal date and I am very worried any advice would be appreciated
  • poppy123456
    poppy123456 Community member Posts: 53,345 Disability Gamechanger
    Hi all I have been waiting 47 weeks for a tribunal date and I am very worried any advice would be appreciated
    Some areas have back logs as long as 1 year and more. Ring them and ask approximately how much longer it will be and they'll tell you.
    I would appreciate it if members wouldn't tag me please. I have all notifcations turned off and wouldn't want a member thinking i'm being rude by not replying.
    If i see a question that i know the answer to i will try my best to help.
  • Lindaann
    Lindaann Community member Posts: 41 Connected
    There is a very long wait for this ... my daughter waited around 11 mnths for hers ...its the waiting thats awful ! Hope youre sorted soon x
  • alisha22
    alisha22 Community member Posts: 320 Pioneering
    Hi I was waiting 6 months then got a offer from the dwp, I accepted which I regret as I was offered the standard rate and I know i should of got the enchached rate. Anyways so I'm not sure had they not got in touch how much longer I would of had to wait.
  • alisha22
    If you are still waiting then I suggest you ring them and they may give you an idea as to the time scale for your daughter.
  • noluckatall
    alisha22 said:
    If you are still waiting then I suggest you ring them and they may give you an idea as to the time scale for your daughter.
    I have phoned them twice and they've said I've had to wait extra weeks really at end of my tether as struggling to survive on what I get from esa
  • noluckatall
    alisha22 said:
    Hi I was waiting 6 months then got a offer from the dwp, I accepted which I regret as I was offered the standard rate and I know i should of got the enchached rate. Anyways so I'm not sure had they not got in touch how much longer I would of had to wait.
    Did they ring you or write to you about this
  • alisha22
    Dwp just wrote about what I was getting and from when. And that I was on both standard mobility and living.
  • alisha22
    I'm so sorry to hear you are struggling but please hang in there. I have this feeling dwp will ring you soon to offer you an award, they will do anything to stop you going to tribunal if that's what you're waiting to hear from I take it.
  • noluckatall
     alisha22 said:
    I'm so sorry to hear you are struggling but please hang in there. I have this feeling dwp will ring you soon to offer you an award, they will do anything to stop you going to tribunal if that's what you're waiting to hear from I take it.
    I'm waiting on tribunal date to even go to and hopefully they do I didn't no they did this
  • poppy123456
    It's rare for DWP to offer an award before a Tribunal hearing so please don't hold your hopes out for this happen. Focus on the Tribunal and any extra evidence you need to send and make sure it's sent ASAP.
    I would appreciate it if members wouldn't tag me please. I have all notifcations turned off and wouldn't want a member thinking i'm being rude by not replying.
  • Gerald
    Gerald Community member Posts: 214 Pioneering
    alisha22 said:
    Does anyone know how long before you hear from the pip appeal tribunal. I sent my application and submissions in Feb 2018.
    Me to with back In Feb 2018 I got you will be seen in 2 months at that time I got on to them and got its now its 35 to 37 weeks so at the end of Nov 2018 got on to them once more and got ring back Jan 2019 which I did today and got this june to july and asked if that was it and got this off them we will see ring back about that time that's how it is in the north west around manchester if that help.
  • alisha22
    I'm hearing that it's very rare dwp offer an award before tribunal but I've had a few people it's happened to including myself. Many cases are successful at the tribunal which looks bad on the dwp so that's why they try their best to stop you going and offer you the award. You can however refuse the offer and proceed with the tribunal which I wish I did. 
  • noluckatall
    alisha22 said:
    I'm hearing that it's very rare dwp offer an award before tribunal but I've had a few people it's happened to including myself. Many cases are successful at the tribunal which looks bad on the dwp so that's why they try their best to stop you going and offer you the award. You can however refuse the offer and proceed with the tribunal which I wish I did.

Many thanks for this info had a lot of withheld numbers ring me recently so hopefully I could be in luck will keep you all posted
  • poppy123456
    edited January 2019
    DWP don't ring from a withheld number. they never have when they've rang me.
  • alisha22
    Let us know how you get on. 
  • Yadnad
    Yadnad Posts: 2,856 Disability Gamechanger
    DWP don't ring from a withheld number. they never have when they've rang me.
    Even so, many people have all calls blocked if they are not on an approved list given by the customer.
    I always have a problem even with a friend's phone. My landline number is not on his approved list of numbers he will accept a call from. I have to ring him using a mobile to his mobile.

In my case no government depart has access to either my landline or mobile numbers or even my email accounts - any communication intended has to be in a written format.
  • alisha22
    Can anyone tell me my 18months is coming to an end this March regarding the esa support group for mental health problems, will I have to go to a f2f and fill lots of forms and gather evidence etc. I'm still under the chmt mental health team and have been appointed a CPN.
  • poppy123456
    You can be re-assessed at anytime for ESA. Your payments won't stop when your time ends. The time they give you is just a guide, some go over and others are contacted earlier. You most likely won't know until the ESA50 form comes through your door. When it does, expect another face to face assessment as most have them. Evidence will be needed to support your claim.
  • alisha22
    What kinda evidence do you give for mental health, I find it difficult as it is then to worry as to how to provide evidence for this unseen not talked about health.

Brightness

Do you need advice on your energy costs?

Scope’s Disability Energy Support service is open to any disabled household in England or Wales in which one or more disabled people live. You can get free advice from an expert adviser on managing energy debt, switching tariffs, contacting your supplier and more. Find out more information by visiting our
Disability Energy Support webpage.