I feel alone every day of my life — Scope | Disability forum
Please read our updated community house rules and community guidelines.

I feel alone every day of my life

millie72
millie72 Community member Posts: 27 Courageous
Im 67yrs old, my mum died , and i had a break down , i have not left my house for 6yrs , i have shopping delivered  it,s the only time i see people,  or they are walking passed my house,  please come in and have a cuppa , i say to myself ,, as they walk in the distance,  i have my little dog millie, put she as just died, i had her 12 yrs, i feel alot better sharing it with the group i hope u don.t mind, it took a lot to writte it down,  xx

Comments

• mike62
    mike62 Community member Posts: 34 Courageous
    Dear @millie72. I'm new to scope and noticed your post. I don't mind you you writing about your situation and I'm sure I speak for all others on this forum. Your mum and Millie have gone from your life within a short space of time and it can take a long time to get over the shock. You're brave to think of your words and type on the forum - well done. Maybe talking on this forum may help you. All the best for now. @Mike
  • WhileIBreathIHope
    WhileIBreathIHope Posts: 216 Pioneering
    Hello, my predicament was is different, however I prescribe to incremental change and by this I suggest one small improvement per day.
    I ended up housebound and a virtual prisoner in my own home attached to a toilet basically 24 hours a day- thankfully while not cured, I take great satisfaction in such mundane things as supermarket shopping and even little things as choosing what meals for dinner.

Can I suggest that a normal sleeping routine and meals at set times.
    self hypnosis as simple as relaxing at bed time no caffeine before and as simple as eyes closed and imagine the waves coming in on a beach.

Structure your day and make small achievements, this may sound crazy but if you want to do a small thing and struggle I used to count down from 45mins to zero in 15 min segments and get the task sorted with time to come to terms with what needed to be done.

I wish you the best and success in small steps to final goal, I walk my dog with strategic toilet stops on the route, while not cured- the dog gets walked and I don’t get caught short.
  • [Deleted User]
    [Deleted User] Posts: 231 Pioneering
    The user and all related content has been deleted.
  • millie72
    Bless u , your tex was so lovely to read , xx
  • millie72
    Bless u all your very kind words, mean so much to me, thank u , i will start my day tomorrow , and try all of wot u have , said to help me , thanking u all very much ,xx
  • Adrian_Scope
    Adrian_Scope Posts: 10,821 Scope online community team
    Hi @millie72. Thank you so much for sharing all this with us. You sound like you're going through such a difficult time. I know you'll be missing Millie's companionship, but I hope you know that we'll all try to support you as best we can. If you need a lighthearted chat, or something to keep your mind off things, we do have our virtual coffee lounge here that you're more than welcome to check out.

It sounds like you're struggling a bit with your mental health at the moment. Are you getting much support at all for this?
    Community Manager
    Scope
  • April2018mom
    April2018mom Posts: 2,882 Disability Gamechanger
    Hello @millie72. Welcome to Scope! Do you want to talk or not? I hope you are not offended by this but it might help you if you saw a therapist. 
  • millie72
    Thank u for the tex,s, i was offered no suport, i am trying to deal with it myself , i have tried a few step,s out side , my legs go like jellie and i feel light headed , i was a very stronge person ,in mind and body ,before , mother,s passing , and millie,  i have no confidence, at all ,xx
  • [Deleted User]
    [Deleted User] Posts: 231 Pioneering
    The user and all related content has been deleted.
  • Ails
    Ails Community member Posts: 2,256 Disability Gamechanger
    Hi @millie72 and welcome to the Community.  It is nice to meet you and thank you for sharing with us.  I am so sorry to hear of your loss and can appreciate how much you must miss your mum and Millie.  You have been very courageous in writing your post and reaching out to us.  You have come to the right place for support and friendship as the Community is a very friendly place with many lovely people on it so please feel free to chat to us anytime.  @justdon has a very good idea above which maybe could help you and I hope you don't mind, but I have looked up AgeUk and they offer a befriending service where someone can either visit you at home for a cuppa and chat or there is a telephone befriending service available also.  Here is the website if you would like to take a look,

https://www.ageuk.org.uk/services/befriending-services/

Please be assured that you will receive all the help and support that you need on the Community so please just let us know if there is anything we can do for you.  I look forward to seeing you on here and hope you enjoy your time with us.  All the best.  :smile:
    Winner of the Scope New Volunteer Award 2019.   :)
  • Ami2301
    Ami2301 Community member Posts: 7,942 Disability Gamechanger
    Hi @millie72 and welcome to the community. I'm sorry to hear how you're feeling and what has happened. My first dog, her name was Millie too, died almost 3 years ago. She was like my little sister and I still miss her everyday. I wish I could say it gets easier as time goes by, but time is key. Take your time to grieve. Always here if you would like to talk :)
    Disability Gamechanger - 2019
  • Cressida
    Cressida Community member Posts: 1,014 Pioneering
    @millie72 I'm so sorry to hear what you are going through. I hope you can find some comfort from the lovely posters on this site. X
  • thespiceman
    thespiceman Community member Posts: 6,388 Disability Gamechanger
    edited October 2019
    Hello @millie72   Pleased to meet you welcome to the forum.

I am one of the team of community champions we guide, advise and help those who join the forum.

Sorry to hear what you are going through right now. I know as a community you have come to the right place for support and information.

Most of important of all friendship.

You have done the right thing contacting our forum.  I live on my own my self and use this forum as a friend. Does help me through the days. Made many friends.

I would suggest have you received any support for  your grief. I know it is never easy getting over the loss of loved ones. Any time is a difficult time and I do have compassion . Have care, concern for our members.

I would advise there is an organisation called Cruse .

This is a bereavement charity .

https://www.cruse.org.uk.

Helpline 0808 808 1677

I do understand this may be difficult for you if you consider looking at some mental health support. This is something you might not be aware of. That there are charities who can advise and offer guidance with your anxiety or any other problems you have.

I do understand also this might be a big step.  I am here to listen anytime and anything you wish to ask.

I used this mental health charity.

https://www.richmondfellowship.org.uk.

Get help with an out reach or floating support could be beneficial to your well being and health.

They would look at coping methods and strategies ways how you can deal with issues or problems you are dealing with.

They might not be in all areas.

So look at the MIND website informative and useful.  Is another suggestion.

https://www.mind.org.uk.

Please can add you made one important decision coming on to this forum. Discussing how you are and what you are going through. Never easy I know this myself.

Hope this has helped.

Always happy to be supportive.

Please take care of your self.  Please keep in touch.

@thespiceman

Community Champion
    SCOPE Volunteer Award Engaging Communities 2019
    Mental Health advice, guidance and information to all members
    Nutrition, Diet, Wellbeing, Addiction.
    Recipes
  • thespiceman
    thespiceman Community member Posts: 6,388 Disability Gamechanger
    Hello @millie72   Please wish you all the best thank you for kind words. We are here anytime.

I forget to add. This might be another one to look at.

https://www.rethink.org.

If you need an advocate to speak for you.  On your behalf.  Have a look on the website.  Hope that helps gives you some more reassurance.

Charity is one that helps members of our community who having problems have mental health issues.  Those who need a voice and some support .

If you need to speak to Doctors or medical professionals 

I know having been there with Doctors.  

Please take care.

@thespiceman
    Community Champion
    SCOPE Volunteer Award Engaging Communities 2019
    Mental Health advice, guidance and information to all members
    Nutrition, Diet, Wellbeing, Addiction.
    Recipes
  • Chloe_Scope
    Chloe_Scope Posts: 10,586 Disability Gamechanger
    Hi @millie72 and a very warm welcome to the community! I am so glad others have been able to offer you some support and guidance as it sounds like things have been tough for you recently. 

If you have any questions then please do let us know. I look forward to seeing you around. :)
    Scope

• millie72
    Thank, u chloe,xx
  • Adrian_Scope
    Adrian_Scope Posts: 10,821 Scope online community team
    How are you doing today @millie72?
    Community Manager
    Scope
  • Chloe_Scope
    Chloe_Scope Posts: 10,586 Disability Gamechanger
    Hi @millie72, I'm glad to hear you are not feeling too bad today. Great to have you here. :)
    Scope

Brightness