I feel alone every day of my life - Page 3 — Scope | Disability forum
Please read our updated community house rules and community guidelines.

I feel alone every day of my life

Comments

• pollyanna1052
    pollyanna1052 Community member Posts: 2,032 Disability Gamechanger
    Hello there. I am so sorry to hear of your sorrow.

Losing your mum is devastating and then losing your furry friend is too much on top. I think you are suffering with grief, which can bring anger too, and resentment. All these emotions are natural and it will take time to come to terms with your losses.

You might also be effected by SAD. I hate the early dark nights and the cold. Getting into the garden I such a boosts.

Do you think a chat with your GP might be helpful? He/she may know of clubs to join , where you could make new friends.

Best wishes xxx
  • chiarieds
    chiarieds Community member Posts: 16,007 Disability Gamechanger
    Hi @millie72 How have you been today? I see you have received a lovely message from Pollyanna; when I joined Scope, Chloe reached out to support me, & Pollyanna sent me such kind messages....things I'll not forget. And you have received so many kind messages from other great people here.....I do hope you're finding it helpful.

Today I was looking after my son's little Bedlington terrier, & it made me wonder what sort of dog was your little Millie. If you would like to talk about her it would be good to hear. Please don't if this would be too upsetting.

Did you get out in the garden again today? Which reminds me, I still haven't got round to ordering those bulbs yet! What sort are you ordering? Speak to you tomorrow, x
  • millie72
    millie72 Community member Posts: 27 Courageous
    Hi my love ,  my little mille was a jackrussel, she was white with a patch of, brown across her ear, i rescued her when she was 6mth old , i miss her so much ,  xx
  • chiarieds
    Hi again Millie. My husband's dad had a jack russell, called Jack. Lovely to hear your Millie was a rescue dog & you gave her a good home. And thank you for saying about her.
    I took in a kitten who had been abandoned near where I live with her brother & mother. The kittens were about 3 or 4 months old, & her brother has found a home too.....they've called him Monty, & mine I named Shadow.
    Take care; thinking about you, x
  • thespiceman
    thespiceman Community member Posts: 6,388 Disability Gamechanger
    Hello @millie72   Please can ask ? How are coping ?

Please can I add did you ever look at any of the links I provided for you when I first contacted you.

By contacting the links I have provided.  You will get the support, guidance and advice to cope with everything.

I know it is difficult and not easy the first steps contacting any body. I know hard  to do.

We do understand and have the time, compassion and the empathy to listen to you anytime.

Please if I can help with anything please get in touch happy to do so, you know you found the best support.

Lots of friends on here wishing you well. 

Please keep safe and warm.  Sending prayers.

Please take care of your self.

@thespiceman

Community Champion
    SCOPE Volunteer Award Engaging Communities 2019
    Mental Health advice, guidance and information to all members
    Nutrition, Diet, Wellbeing, Addiction.
    Recipes
  • suzanb34
    suzanb34 Community member Posts: 1 Listener
    Hi Millie this is my first post I’m so sorry you feel so alone. I feel the same often and hardly go out. It would be great to have a cuppa with you xx
  • thespiceman
    thespiceman Community member Posts: 6,388 Disability Gamechanger
    Hello @suzanb34   Pleased to meet you welcome.

Thank you for joining and sharing.

I am one of the team of community champions on the forum. We guide, advise and help new members who join the community.

Sorry to hear you do not go out much. I know it is a struggle myself. I live alone.

Please can I say need to ask anything please get in touch.  Plenty of new friends.

Please can I add we are here to support you.  Have compassion, empathy and time to listen anytime.

We are a friendly community, share and care.

Please have a look around our website.

Please take care. Keep warm and safe.

Pleasure to meet you.

@thespiceman

Community Champion
    SCOPE Volunteer Award Engaging Communities 2019
    Mental Health advice, guidance and information to all members
    Nutrition, Diet, Wellbeing, Addiction.
    Recipes
  • chiarieds
    @suzanb34 -What a great first post, thank you. You might try sharing a 'virtual' cuppa, & chat.
    Millie just to let you know that @thespiceman is this community's resident 'gentleman.' He always offers some of the kindest thoughts; has great compassion & empathy for others. I hope you know you are now amongst friends. Goodnight, x
  • Chloe_Scope
    Chloe_Scope Posts: 10,586 Disability Gamechanger
    Sorry to hear people are going through a difficult time. These darker nights certainly can really affect people's moods. Just wanted to say you are all valuable members of the community and it is great to have you all here. Your support to each other is so lovely to see and please do reach out if there is anything we can do to help. We are not trained in mental health, but our understanding makes this a safe place.

Welcome to the community @suzanb34! So lovely to have you here and a virtual cup of tea would be very good indeed! 

Hope you all have a lovely Friday and a relaxing weekend. :)
    Scope

• pollyanna1052
    suzanb34 said:
    Hi Millie this is my first post I’m so sorry you feel so alone. I feel the same often and hardly go out. It would be great to have a cuppa with you xx

Hi Suzan, welcome to the group. We do our best to support each other. Want to chat more? xx
  • pollyanna1052
    millie72 said:
    Hi my love ,  my little mille was a jackrussel, she was white with a patch of, brown across her ear, i rescued her when she was 6mth old , i miss her so much ,  xx

Hi Millie, my daughter has a Jack Russell called Willow. They also call her Pardy...dunno how that name came about. She is such a busy little girl, always on the hunt for something to do next. Recently she got trapped underneath a neighbour`s decking. It had to be dismantled to get her out...she was terrorising a hedgehog!!!!

Our little girl is a toy poodle called Sophie. They don't see each other often, but run riot when they do!
  • chiarieds
    Hi Millie, It's been rather damp with some rain here, have you had the same? Well, the start of another month; it seems like October flew by. How have you been today? I've been a bit achy with this weather.....I think my joints need oiling!
    You can write to me anytime, my name is Gail, thought I would let you know. I will write again tomorrow, take care, x
  • millie72
    Hi gail, loverly to read your tex, its been raining of and on today , i was watching to rain drop off the conifer tree,s  it was very calming to watch , the brancher,s hold,,s lot,s of rain , it,s, as though they light up with the rain , hope to here from u soon , take care my love , ps, i am sorry to here , u are in pain , xx
  • millie72
  • millie72
    This was my loverly little millie , who very sadly died , 
  • chiarieds
    Oh, Millie, your little dog looks lovely....what a great picture! I'm sorry, I went to bed earlier than usual last night as I thought that the best place to rest with the pain I'd had. Feeling a bit better this morning apart from my back aching. Hope to get out in the garden today as the sun is shining here now. Thank you so much for sharing your lovely photo of Millie. Will write later, love from Gail, x
  • pollyanna1052
    Hi Millie, oh your little dog is beautiful and look at her, guarding her friend.
    Our Sophie cant be trusted with soft toys, as she destroys and eats bits.
    She has a rubber ball, which she loves and plays fetch with.

It`s cold and wet here today. xx
  • mike62
    mike62 Community member Posts: 34 Courageous
    Hi @millie72
    Yeah shes a cute dog. 
    It's grey wet weather here hope you have a bit better.
    take care now.
    Yours @mike62
  • millie72
    My little millie past away 3 weeks ago , rescued her when she was 9 mths old , she was 12 when she sadly pasted away , it as broke my hart ,,,
  • millie72

Brightness