I feel alone every day of my life - Page 5 — Scope | Disability forum
Please read our updated community house rules and community guidelines.

I feel alone every day of my life

Comments

• chiarieds
    chiarieds Community member Posts: 16,007 Disability Gamechanger
    edited November 2019
    Hi Millie, how are you? I've had a busy day for me. My son & daughter-in-law took me to the opticians, & helped me choose a frame for some glasses... I felt battered & bruised by the time I got home physically, 'tho it had done me good to get out of the house for a while. Has taken me some time to recover! I've been having problems reading, & also looking at the computer for a while now, so I feel I will be pleased to get some glasses soon. Goodnight, Millie, thinking about you, x
  • millie72
    millie72 Community member Posts: 27 Courageous
    I have no family , left now, miss them so much ,u no a cuppa and a natta, makes to day go round , one minit your lfe is full of family and friends, and the next minit u have no one, i am glad u have been out today , and sorted your glasser,s, its so loverly to here from u , sending love to u and your family , xx
  • chiarieds
    Dear Millie, I am so fortunate in having a son who said come & live near to me, & I will look after you, which he has done. You are so kind in sending love to myself & family. My daughter texts or phones me when she can. I wish it were different for you; family I feel is so important. Circumstances meant I didn't have friends, so yes, my children are very important to me.
    Just know whilst family is so very important, & we remember those we've lost & hold them always in our hearts so very dearly , you have made new friends with several people here.
  • cracker
    cracker Community member Posts: 324 Pioneering
    Hello to all  I can of type very much now but promise To try to do better. It took me ten minutes just to get this written.
    I do read every night. And have lots to say. Please bars with me 

Thinking of evreryone.
  • thespiceman
    thespiceman Community member Posts: 6,388 Disability Gamechanger
    Hello @cracker   Good to hear from you.

I sure every one is supportive do understand what you are going through.

Always here to be a friend.  Keep in touch

Please take care.

@thespiceman
    Community Champion
    SCOPE Volunteer Award Engaging Communities 2019
    Mental Health advice, guidance and information to all members
    Nutrition, Diet, Wellbeing, Addiction.
    Recipes
  • cracker
    Thank you, @spiceman. This forum was my home before a severe accident. I am so glad to be back to my peolp
  • chiarieds
    Hi Millie, how have you fared recently? I am so sorry you feel you've lost everyone....family & friends, as well as your little Millie. Just know, that I hope you know, that I hold you in my thoughts always, & especially when I go to bed each night. It's also lovely to hear from you too, Gail, x
  • cracker
    I thought I deleted all the duplicates. Can someone tell me how to do that?
  • mrbuttons
    mrbuttons Community member Posts: 221 Pioneering
    hello @millie72 I have just seen your post. I hope things are looking a bit brighter for you now. I have been in a similar situation myself and can highly recommend the services of Age UK as mentioned by another person above. I have a carer from Age UK shes absolutely lovely and we are now firm friends. the befriending service is also great they can come around for a cuppa and a chat or call you on a regular basis just to check-in and see how you are.

I have to admit I have also called the samaritans when I have been at my lowest ebb, you don't have to be suicidal to contact them, in fact, they encourage people to get in touch before things get to that extent. they are available 24 hrs a day every day and always have a kind ear whatever the reason for your call they can even put you in touch with local services.

i understand the heartache of losing a much-loved pet after years of companionship having lost my beloved cat last Christmas. I swore that I would never get another pet but I heard about a local charity that finds homes for elderly cats. that's how i found my cat Mr buttons. hes about 15 yrs old and an indoor cat so we are together all the time.
    I'm not suggesting that you rush and get another pet but having another cat has saved me from falling into a dark, dark depression.
    i notice in your photo of lovely little Millie that you like Yankee candles, I do too :) . whats your favourite scent? i like black coconut and im addicted the QVC shows but I buy the candles on eBay because they are cheaper.
    take kind care of yourself and please remember that you are not alone. im often here late at night because i dontsleep well, come and find me if you ever need some online company. it would be lovely to chat online.

• chiarieds
    Hi Millie, Sorry to have written too late last night. How have you been today? I hope to hear again from you soon. There are some lovely people here understanding the loss of your little Millie, family & friends. Love from me too, Gail, x.
  • chiarieds
    @millie72 How are you? I'm very sorry not to have heard from you recently. It's alright if you don't want to say much, but would you please just let me know you're OK. With love from Gail, x
  • millie72
    Hi my love , sorry for not repllying to your loverly messager,s, i have been full of cold, whith a throat virus, it was very painfull to swallow, i am feeling a lot better, please, look after yourself in this cold weather, xxxx
  • northernlass
    northernlass Community member Posts: 6 Connected
    Hi Millie, having read your first post I can see an improvement already in your attitude to life and wanting to enter out into the world again, you are not alone and there are so many of us can relate to your loss and loneliness.  One step at a time, you have shut yourself away for quite a long time and it takes courage to get your life back.  I am 64, and lost my husband in February of this year, after caring for him for several years, you do lose contact with friends in that time and depression sets in.  There is a big gap, that is hard to fill, and that invisible wall that is so very, very hard to break through to get out of the door.  I suppose that I am fortunate in that I still have my Labrador, who demands my taking him out first thing, when it seems like the hardest task in the world but I go, you can't explain depression to a dog.  I have my son, who is a blessing.  Having a dog is an amazing thing, just short walks and I see so many people who have become, "morning, how are you doing", friends, many I know the dog's name but not the owners, but isn't that always the case.  You are still a relatively young woman, with so much to give and experience.  I have found that there are so many, many lonely people who live very close to us, desperate for a brew and a chat but are stuck in their life, it's getting to know them, that is the difficult thing, but there are a ways.   I hope you are feeling better soon, this damp weather is awful, bad chest weather, I call it.  Sending a hug. Pam 
  • Adrian_Scope
    Adrian_Scope Posts: 10,821 Scope online community team
    cracker said:
    I thought I deleted all the duplicates. Can someone tell me how to do that?
    I've done this for you @cracker. It only allows you to edit your posts for a limited time after posting. 
    Community Manager
    Scope
  • chiarieds
    Hi, thank you so much for replying; no worries, so long as you're OK. I'm sorry to read you've had a bad cold & a throat virus; that sounds horrid. I do hope you really are feeling a little better. Thank you again for your kind words, & you please also take care & look after yourself too. I made a chicken noodle soup late this afternoon, & was thinking about you as I did so, wishing I could share this with you.
    I often make soup; a simple meal at tea-time, I find. I hope you are managing to build your strength back up with some easy food such as this as it's been so painful for to you swallow. Goodnight, & sending this with much love, x
  • millie72
    I.m feeling a lot better , going to do my shop on line ,and make some freash soup, i loved cooking when i had a family , u have to push yourself to eat when u are alone , my little millie loved her sunday dinner she would lick her tongue around her mouth when she had finished, and look at ne , as if to say , thank u ,, then she would go and sit in the sun shind , and sleep , it,s, alway,s loverly to here from u  will make some soup and think of u , take care my loverly caring friend , and keep warm, xx
  • Chloe_Scope
    Chloe_Scope Posts: 10,586 Disability Gamechanger
    edited November 2019
    Welcome to the community @northernlass and thank you for sharing this with us. I hope you have a lovely day.

Lovely to hear from you @millie72, this all sounds great! What soup will you be making?
    Scope

• millie72
    Hi , pumpkin and lentil, 
  • Chloe_Scope
    Chloe_Scope Posts: 10,586 Disability Gamechanger
    This sounds really tasty @millie72! :)
    Scope

• chiarieds
    Sounds like you are definitely on the mend. I used to love cooking for my family; so very hard to then do so for one. I often make too much, but it comes in handy for other days (or put in the freezer). I find I often make simpler meals as everything takes me a long time to do.
    I've made lentil soup before, but not with pumpkin. My favourite is tomato soup made with the tomatoes I grow.
    I'm sure you enjoyed your soup; it not only did you good, but you have achieved something in the making of it....that's how I feel when I've done so. If I can do something 'extra' in a day, that to me is a small achievement, & makes me feel a little better.
    Goodnight. Thank you for calling me your friend, that means a lot. With love, Gail, xx

Brightness