Hi everyone let's see a picture of your fur babies ❤️or pets - Page 2 — Scope | Disability forum
Please read our updated community house rules and community guidelines.

Hi everyone let's see a picture of your fur babies ❤️or pets

Comments

• Bettahm
    Bettahm Community member Posts: 1,439 Disability Gamechanger
    @Onix
    Hes going to be stunning when hes fully grown. Lovely photo of him x
  • unicornsinfezes
    unicornsinfezes Community member Posts: 7 Connected
    edited November 2019
    these are my girls flora and gwen! 
    gwen is flora’s mum, and they were found in a box in may :( we adopted them in september and they’ve settled in beautifully!
  • Bettahm
    @unicornsinfezes
    Dont know how people can do that, just dump animals like that. I found a cardboard box with kittens in it once. A friend found a puppy in a litter bin in the park. He kept him, lovely dog.
    Gwen & Flora have landed on their feet, they look very content.
  • unicornsinfezes
    unicornsinfezes Community member Posts: 7 Connected
    edited November 2019
    @Franstrahan
    i know! i just don’t understand, animals are so wonderful! 
    but we are very lucky to have our girls and i am so glad they came into our lives ?
  • Tammyjane33
    Tammyjane33 Community member Posts: 765 Pioneering
    Thankyou all for sharing your pictures of your fur babies and pets. They are all beautiful and bring so much joy to our lives. ❤️
  • Onix
    Onix Community member Posts: 75 Pioneering
    @Tammyjane33. They certainly do! The majority of the time they are also lifesavers and a reason that you have to get out of bed ??.
  • RainbowRiverPond
    RainbowRiverPond Community member Posts: 19 Courageous
    Omg you guys your pets are so cute! @chiarieds recommended I take a look and share some pics too ❤️

Here’s one of my dog River (aka Pond) she’s a working cocker spaniel gone wrong - and by that I mean, she is the softest, laziest dog I’ve ever met (in my nearly 20 years in veterinary practice!) The dog with me in my profile pic is my old springer spaniel Cooper who sadly passed away last year, aged 15. He was a proper working dog (I don’t work my dogs, I just mean he behaved as advertised!) Even at 15 he was incredibly active and needed loads of exercise which got to be a struggle as my condition worsened. I still miss him and my Labrador cross, Buddy, to bits, but I’ve got to say that River being lazy and refusing to get wet or muddy means that I no longer have the guilt that comes from not getting them out and about very much. 

Sorry for the ramble! I’ll try to find some more nice ones of my pooches and of my four cats too - collecting strays is a hazard of being an RVN! - and add them later. 

I hope everyone has a good day today xx
  • RainbowRiverPond
    Omg you guys your pets are so cute! @chiarieds recommended I take a look and share some pics too ❤️

Here’s one of my dog River (aka Pond) she’s a working cocker spaniel gone wrong - and by that I mean, she is the softest, laziest dog I’ve ever met (in my nearly 20 years in veterinary practice!) The dog with me in my profile pic is my old springer spaniel, Cooper, who sadly passed away last year, aged 15. He was a proper working dog (I don’t work my dogs, I just mean he behaved as advertised!) Even at 15 he was incredibly active and needed loads of exercise which got to be a struggle as my condition worsened. I still miss him and my Labrador cross, Buddy who was 14, to bits, but I’ve got to say that River being lazy and refusing to get wet or muddy means that I no longer have the guilt that comes from not getting them out and about very much. 

Sorry for the ramble! I’ll try to find some more nice ones of my pooches and of my four cats too - collecting strays is a hazard of being an RVN! - and add them later. 

I hope everyone has a good day today, I’m not looking forward to going to work in this awful weather xx
  • Bettahm

Here’s one of my dog River (aka Pond) she’s a working cocker spaniel gone wrong - and by that I mean, she is the softest, laziest dog I’ve ever met (in my nearly 20 years in veterinary practice!) The dog with me in my profile pic is my old springer spaniel, Cooper, who sadly passed away last year, aged 15. He was a proper working dog (I don’t work my dogs, I just mean he behaved as advertised!) Even at 15 he was incredibly active and needed loads of exercise which got to be a struggle as my condition worsened. I still miss him and my Labrador cross, Buddy who was 14, to bits, but I’ve got to say that River being lazy and refusing to get wet or muddy means that I no longer have the guilt that comes from not getting them out and about very much. 

I hope everyone has a good day today, I’m not looking forward to going to work in this awful weather xx
    Lovely photos and story. Will you be getting another dog, a friend for River? I have 5, did have 8, and in my pet carer days used to home board too. I'm a big animal lover, also have fish and a cockatiel currently. But in the past have also had Guinea pigs, land hermit crabs, loads of fish, a budgie and 30 pigeons. But dogs are my main love, so sort of devoted to them now. Would have loved to have worked with animals, but not on the veterinary side. Enjoy your day.
  • chiarieds
    chiarieds Community member Posts: 16,007 Disability Gamechanger
    Great photos @RainbowRiverPond - Aww - Thank you Rainbow, I look forward to more photos. Thank you for sharing these. Shadow is my kitten above, and I get to borrow my son's Bedlington terrier a few times a week too.
  • RainbowRiverPond
    @Franstrahan I definitely would like a friend for River but I’m waiting to find a rescue as I don’t have the energy for a puppy again! 
  • RainbowRiverPond
    edited December 2019
    Hey everybody I hope you’re having a nice evening wherever you are ?

I thought I’d add the picture from the first day I met River because it’s super cute! 

• chiarieds
    chiarieds Community member Posts: 16,007 Disability Gamechanger
    What a beautiful photo, Rainbow; makes your heart melt! Thank you.
  • Bettahm
    @RainbowRiverPond
    Very tiny. How old there? Very cute x

I have held a borzoi pup like that. He grew up to tower over me when he put his front paws on my shoulders! 
  • RainbowRiverPond
    Thanks @chiarieds ?

@Franstrahan she’s just a few weeks there, her litter came in with their mum for checkups

Here are some cat pics: 

All of my kitties have interesting stories, but I’m aware that I tend to get carried away and go on forever. Let me know if you’d like to hear more. For now I’ll introduce them, first pic is Dizzy, Archer, and Fletcher (sadly Dizzy and Archie passed away recently) the middle pic is of the two cats I have now, so that’s Fletcher as a grown up (he’s 11 now) and Esme. They have two functional eyes between them! And lastly, there’s just Esme posing because she knows she’s gorgeous ❤️
  • ZED44
    ZED44 Community member Posts: 1 Listener
    Hi ? these are my 3 British shorthair cat/kittens, the Cream Ambrose is 8 months. Monty the lilac is 9 months and Baloo the blue is 6 years old. They are my babies the kittens are so funny, Ambrose loves to steal anything shiny and my hair bands while Monty loves crisp packets turned into balls and runs 1000 mph around the house!  
    I’m Zoë by the way, I’m a full time wheelchair user and have many complex life threatening conditions- I rely on medication and machines to keep me alive. I’m married and I’m 35, I love to cruise when we can and we live life like it’s our last day.... 
  • RainbowRiverPond
    Hi @ZED44 your cats are beautiful and I’m loving the festive photos ??I cant even persuade Fletcher to wear a collar ?
  • Bettahm
    @RainbowRiverPond
    Hi, would love to hear more about your cats. I'm guessing they are rescues through your veterinary practice.
  • Bettahm
    @ZED44
    Beautiful pics of beautiful cats! Think yours are the same breed as the kittisaurus ones on YouTube. 
    I used to occassionally look after 4 British short hairs years ago when pet-caring.
  • RainbowRiverPond
    @Franstrahan you’re very kind ?

Dizzy was so named because he suffered neurological damage as a kitten when some charming kids trapped him in a vat of creosote. He was the sweetest boy in the world and lived to be 14 (we estimate).

Archer (aka Prince Archibald) and Fletcher (aka Sir Fletchibald) we’re abandoned as tiny kittens by their mother and so I hand rested them. Which basically means they are totally spoiled. 

Sadly, Archie passed away from terminal cancer this year. Fletcher has definitely lost a couple of his nine lives too! He’s survived some incredibly serious rta injuries and if you look closely you will see that he has one eye that doesn’t function. 

That leaves Esmeralda! She was found as a kitten looking pretty chewed up and so was brought into our practice. She lost an eye, and further complications led to the loss of almost all of her teeth! Don’t worry though, it doesn’t stop her ruling the roost! 

Brightness