Won tribunal after 2.5 years now worrying — Scope | Disability forum
Please read our updated community house rules and community guidelines.

Won tribunal after 2.5 years now worrying

Options
morgancarson
morgancarson Community member Posts: 4 Listener
hi!
I had my tribunal for PIP today and WON! 

I have autism, adhd, bpd and a number of gastro issues including haemorrhoids. 

I was awarded the enhanced rate of daily living and the standard for mobility. I only scored 2 points originally then 4 points after a Mandatory reconsideration. 

I first applied in November 2020 and it’s taken a long time for them to get to this decision. It’s all very unreal and find it weird i might be getting like £15,000 back pay :open_mouth:

In scared they will try and appeal against this. i have insane anxiety and i’m over thinking everything right now. This had been a long journey and my voice had finally been heard. 

aim also scared about the length of time they will award me. If they award me say 3 years it’s due to run out 3 years after the date of first claiming right so i’d have to apply again soon. If that makes sense. 

Im very overwhelmed and emotionally drained after today but any help or advice would be great. 

Comments

• poppy123456
    poppy123456 Community member Posts: 54,808 Disability Gamechanger
    Options
    Great news. DWP have the same chance we do to appeal the decision but they can't just appeal because they disagree. First they need to request the statement of reasons within 1 month of the date of the decision. Once they receive this they need to find the error in law before the can proceed any further. They sometimes request the SOR but rarely appeal it. If they request it, it doesn't mean they are appealing it.

After a Tribunal win it can take up to 8 weeks, sometimes longer to recieve any money that's owed. You will be contacted by DWP at some point to ask if you've been in prison or hospital. Sometime after that they will pay what's owed and your award will be put into payment.

The timescale of the award will have been decided by the Tribunal. If you don't know what that is then it will tell you on the decision letter you'll receive from HMCTS. Usually when awarded by a Tribunal DWP contact you about 14 weeks before to ask you to reapply, if you want to continue claiming.
    I would appreciate it if members wouldn't tag me please. I have all notifcations turned off and wouldn't want a member thinking i'm being rude by not replying.
    If i see a question that i know the answer to i will try my best to help.
  • Hannah_Alumni
    Hannah_Alumni Scope alumni Posts: 7,912 Disability Gamechanger
    Options
    That's amazing news @morgancarson :) I hope everything continues to stay in your favour!
    Hannah - She / Her

Online Community Coordinator @ Scope

Concerned about another member's safety or wellbeing? Flag your concerns with us.
    Want to give us feedback? Complete our feedback form now.
  • morgancarson
    morgancarson Community member Posts: 4 Listener
    Options
    I got my letter today and I have been given the award indefinitely! :) Good news! Now I await the call from DWP :D
  • poppy123456
    Options
    There's no indefinite awards for PIP, the longest is 10 years with a light touch review.
    I would appreciate it if members wouldn't tag me please. I have all notifcations turned off and wouldn't want a member thinking i'm being rude by not replying.
  • mills470
    mills470 Community member Posts: 19 Listener
    Options
    2 years and i be 1 year next month, i am with the appeals, had to call scope this morning to find out if this normal waiting time,but congratulations after all my winging 
  • Breacon
    Breacon Community member Posts: 101 Courageous
    Options
    Could anyone tell me what an PA4 Assessment is please, I have tried to contact PiP by telephone, for three days now, simply to be cut off several times.
    Is it the full Assessment from your pip application.?.
    Thank you in advance to anyone who knows.
  • poppy123456
    Options
    Breacon said:
    Could anyone tell me what an PA4 Assessment is please, I have tried to contact PiP by telephone, for three days now, simply to be cut off several times.
    Is it the full Assessment from your pip application.?.
    Thank you in advance to anyone who knows.

The PA4 is the assessment report that's written by the assessment provider after your assessment. You don't need this to request the MR because i can cause distractions to what you should be concentrating on.

Brightness

Do you need advice on your energy costs?

Scope’s Disability Energy Support service is open to any disabled household in England or Wales in which one or more disabled people live. You can get free advice from an expert adviser on managing energy debt, switching tariffs, contacting your supplier and more. Find out more information by visiting our
Disability Energy Support webpage.