PIP decision — Scope | Disability forum
Please read our updated community house rules and community guidelines.

PIP decision

Options
jotom2269
jotom2269 Community member Posts: 8 Connected
Hello
im looking for some advice regarding my pip review, phone assessment and decision. I was awarded the standard daily rate in 2020 and got renewal papers in July 2022 and finally had my telephone assessment on may 9th. I’ve received my decision back a few days ago and it wasn’t good news as they’ve decided I no longer meet the requirements and apparently scored zero points on every question.I’m planning on asking for an MR and have requested a copy of the assessment report as the decision letter was worded rather confusingly. It mostly referred to my cognitive abilities and that I’m not diagnosed with any cognitive limitations and that my currently conditions must be stable as my prescribed medication hasn’t increased. There was no mention of my abilities to carry out every day tasks or the fact that I use aids to do complete tasks or receive help to do daily things in the decision letter. This was my first review since my award and granted due to the pandemic I didn’t have a great deal of evidence supporting my claim but I have under gone medication reviews, seem my gp and received mental health support via therapy and recently attending an outpatient clinic for an on going eye problem and have a hearing test appointment for next week.I’m just really confused by the decision letter and wonder if this is something anyone else has come across. I am diagnosed with osteoarthritis, fibromyalgia and PTSD

Comments

Brightness

Do you need advice on your energy costs?

Scope’s Disability Energy Support service is open to any disabled household in England or Wales in which one or more disabled people live. You can get free advice from an expert adviser on managing energy debt, switching tariffs, contacting your supplier and more. Find out more information by visiting our
Disability Energy Support webpage.