How is your day going?

Comments

• rubin16
    rubin16 Community member, Scope Member Posts: 843 Championing

I'm feeling okay today thanks, I went for a walk for abit and treated myself to a greggs sausage roll on the way back. I have parks near me however they arn't the best parks they don't have any lakes or bodies of water in them its just mainly gardens and benches and playgrounds for kids.

• Teigr
    Teigr Community member Posts: 4,425 Championing

Ah,Betty's an 'I'll take you on with one paw tied behind my back' kinda gal is she @Ada?

• Marydoll5
    Marydoll5 Community member Posts: 561 Championing

Hi everyone and take care in that heat today. Its funny here in the North of Ireland as I like to call it. You get males of all ages getting their in local lingo taps aff (tops off) and they go from milky white to lobster red. It's the not seeing the sun much effect 🤣

@66Mustang you are awesome 👌

@Amberpearl I like lou went through horrendous abuse and I hate that neighbour for taking you to a bad place mentally. You are a survivor and I am glad you are here to talk things over. It helps us too

@lou67 rest up today and fingers crossed the water tablets work

@teigr that's dedication in the kitchen today

@beaver79 have a lovely day planting

@Sandy123 you too!

@ada enjoy time in the garden with lovely Betty

@teigr, rubinstein and everyone else have a good day

• Lou67
    Lou67 Community member Posts: 8,623 Championing

@Marydoll5
    Hahaha that’s also a saying in Glasgow any tiny bit off sunshine and it’s taps aff 😂 I hope your enjoying the sunshine.
    Thanks I’m having a day in hopefully feel better tomorrow.

@66Mustang
    Aww your welcome, I’m staying in it’s needed.

❤️

• Amberpearl
    Amberpearl Community member Posts: 1,497 Championing
  • Sandy_123
    Sandy_123 Scope Member Posts: 57,153 Championing

Im having a rest got all my jobs done you too @Marydoll5

My son's decided he wants to gloss the skirting and door frames next week now the weather's picked up and can have windows open

Sounds a good day out @rubin16 enjoy your roll

Dont enough washing today did it yesterday @Lou67 but it should dry well

• Ainger13
    Ainger13 Community member Posts: 4 Connected

Good afternoon,just joined here and saying hello

• Sandy_123

Hello @Ainger13 welcome to the forum

• Ainger13

Thanks @Sandy_123

Thanks Sandy,hope your day's going well

• Ainger13

@Ada Good afternoon Ada,in ok thanks tired though haven't slept all night ,waiting for my shopping delivery ,how are you?

• Sandy_123
    edited June 22

Yes all good @Ainger13 hope you manage to get some sleep at some point today. You must be shattered

That's a shame @ada after you've put so much work into dropping the doses

• Marydoll5
    Marydoll5 Community member Posts: 561 Championing

@Ada that's shocking treatment from your gp. You aren't weak!! You have borne more than you should. I wish I lived near you and I'd give them a oiece of my mind. Take care xx

Welcome @Ainger13 😊

• Teigr

Scout is very brave when she's behind our gates @Ada,not so much when we're out and about.

• Teigr
  • Teigr

It's a shame you can't talk to anyone at the surgery @Ada;I know they're all overworked and underfunded but they do sound a bit useless.

• rubin16

@Ada Sorry to ask, but I'm sure you said the reasons why but my mind is a goldfish. What was the reason you were meant to come off them? was it to try a different medication or just the fact your body was just used to them. As if they help you and make things easier for you I don't see why the need to try and stop them. Sleep is a massive importance to mental health. One of my biggest signs my mental health is getting bad again is I start lacking in sleep, like when I'm bad I end up going bed at like 5am and waking up again at 8am so I know how bad it is.

Theres also a study once that said some people don't need as much sleep as some people and many function normally on a 3 hour sleep pattern. Some of the biggest CEO's thrive on a 3/4 hour sleep. But I couldn't imagine only functioning on a 3 hour sleep myself and having great mental health. Really hoping you manage to get a really decent nights rest again.

• rubin16

I keep making an excuse to stand out in the sun now and then so taking it on today to only vape outside, I'm allowed to vape in my flat (not allowed to smoke) but the weather is too nice to miss today so keep having smoke breaks haha

• Albus_Scope
    Albus_Scope Posts: 7,182 Online Community Coordinator

Heya @Ainger13 it's a big welcome from me too. Nice to have you here. 😁

• Lou67
    Lou67 Community member Posts: 8,623 Championing

@Ada
    I really don’t think they’d put them straight back up to 100mg after slowly coming off them. You could ask if they’d start increasing them again but I think it will be done slowly.
    Hope they get back to you soon it’s just a pity as you’ve put in a lot off hard work reducing but I can only imagine how your feeling
    Off course I’m no doctor but I really think that’s the way they’d do it I really hope they don’t refuse to do it.

@Ainger13
    Welcome to scope it’s a great friendly community, there’s loads off different chats and a games room, you can take your time getting used to the forum and start to join in when you want to.

❤️

• Albus_Scope
    Albus_Scope Posts: 7,182 Online Community Coordinator

Coming off sleeping pills that you've been on for years will really take its toll on you @Ada I remember coming off painkillers long term and it wasn't fun, but it was worth it eventually. The problem with most of them is the longer you're on them, the less effect they have on you, especially things like Amyltriptaline, which is often used as a combo painkiller/sleep aid/antidepressant. Can you keep pestering the surgery to speak to a GP? It's horrible that they're not taking things very seriously.

Not medical advice of course, just be careful with em please. 😊