If we become concerned about you or anyone else while using one of our services, we will act in line with our safeguarding policy and procedures. This may involve sharing this information with relevant authorities to ensure we comply with our policies and legal obligations.

Find out how to let us know if you're concerned about another member's safety.
Please read our updated community house rules and community guidelines.

Is Gov start axe ESA Next year?

Options
zane
zane Community member Posts: 156 Courageous
Hi i heard Gov axeing ESA by 2024 but does it mean start doing it next year since i am worried because i am on ESA and pip and dont want lose ESA next year . I dont know what by mean so i wonder help me on this.
Tagged:

Comments

• calcotti
    calcotti Community member Posts: 10,010 Disability Gamechanger
    edited December 2022
    Options
    The migration of income based ESA claimants to UC has been postponed until 2028. Claimants can still claim UC before then if they wish to. For all other means tested benefits migration is still intended to complete by the end of 2024.

New style ESA will continue separately.

Do you get Severe Disability Premium in your ESA.
    Information I post is for England unless otherwise stated. Rules may be different in other parts of UK.
  • zane
    Options
    I dont have new style ESA or Premuim ESA but i just has ESA so does it mean get stopped next year for me or something or is it in 2024?
  • zane
    Options
    calcotti said:
    The migration of income based ESA claimants to UC has been postponed until 2028. Claimants can still claim UC before then if they wish to. For all other means tested benefits migration is still intended to complete by the end of 2024.

New style ESA will continue separately.

Do you get Severe Disability Premium in your ESA.
    Hi have just ESA not Premuim ESA or new style ESA so does mean my esa get stopped next year or is it 2024?
  • calcotti
    edited December 2022
    Options
    How much ESA do you get? When did you claim ESA? Do you receive any other benefits?
    Information I post is for England unless otherwise stated. Rules may be different in other parts of UK.
  • zane
    Options
    calcotti said:
    How much ESA do you get? When did you claim ESA? Do you receive any other benefits?
    All I’m telling you I claim ESA when I was a kid and claim pip couple years ago I’m want to know if my esa getting stop next year or is been postponed 2028!. Can you get me an answer please what’s the true into this please 
  • zane
    Options
    zane said:
    calcotti said:
    All I’m telling you I claim ESA when I was a kid and claim pip couple years ago I’m want to know if my esa getting stop next year or is been postponed 2028!. Can you get me an answer please what’s the true into this please 

calcotti said:
    Fine I get 187 a week  so does it mean axe by 2024 or 2028 I get housing benefit but no tax credit 
  • calcotti
    edited December 2022
    Options

Because you get £187/week you clearly get some income based ESA . Therefore your managed migration to UC has been deferred until 2028.

This doesn't affect the above answer but I wanted to check you are getting the right ESA because £187 is an odd amount. Are you claiming as a single person or do you have a partner? Do you live alone? If you have a partner do they claim any benefits. Are there any deductions from your ESA?
    Don't answer if you don't want to.
  • zane
    Options
    calcotti said:

Because you get £187/week you clearly get some income based ESA . Therefore your managed migration to UC has been deferred until 2028.

This doesn't affect the above answer but I wanted to check you are getting the right ESA because £187 is an odd amount. Are you claiming as a single person or do you have a partner? Do you live alone? If you have a partner do they claim any benefits. Are there any deductions from your ESA?
    I aslo get pip premuim but no my partner get no benfitss so its by 2028 then than by 2024
  • poppy123456
    poppy123456 Community member Posts: 55,133 Disability Gamechanger
    edited December 2022
    Options
    zane said:
    calcotti said:

I aslo get pip premuim but no my partner get no benfitss so its by 2028 then than by 2024

There's no such benefit as "pip premium" If you're living with your partner than your ESA will include extra money for them.
    Do be aware that as you're the main claimant of your ESA claim your partner will not be receiving any NI credits towards their state pension.
    As your PIP includes the daily living part, if they look after you for at least 35 hours per week they can claim Carers allowance. This will be deducted from your ESA and the carers allowance will then be paid to them. They will then add the carers premium of £38.85, so you will be better off per week by £38.85. The carers allowance will also pay class 1 NI credits for them.
    Yes, you will not be invited to apply for UC until 2028. However, as your ESA doesn't include the SDP then UC with LCWRA element actually pays more than ESA Support Group.
    I would appreciate it if members wouldn't tag me please. I have all notifcations turned off and wouldn't want a member thinking i'm being rude by not replying.
    If i see a question that i know the answer to i will try my best to help.
  • calcotti
    Options
    poppy123456 said: Yes, you will not be invited to apply for UC until 2028. However, as your ESA doesn't include the SDP then UC with LCWRA element actually pays more than ESA Support Group. 
    Which is the reason the transfer has been delayed for 4 years because the government expect the delay to save the government 2 billion pounds.
  • poppy123456
    poppy123456 Community member Posts: 55,133 Disability Gamechanger
    Options
    calcotti said:
    poppy123456 said: Yes, you will not be invited to apply for UC until 2028. However, as your ESA doesn't include the SDP then UC with LCWRA element actually pays more than ESA Support Group. 
    Which is the reason the transfer has been delayed for 4 years because the government expect the delay to save the government 2 billion pounds.

Indeed. A lot of people are put off from claiming UC too because of all the horror stories they read. So even though someone maybe better off by claiming, they won't claim because of worry.
    I would appreciate it if members wouldn't tag me please. I have all notifcations turned off and wouldn't want a member thinking i'm being rude by not replying.
    If i see a question that i know the answer to i will try my best to help.
Complete our feedback form and tell us how we can make the community better.

Do you need advice on your energy costs?

Scope’s Disability Energy Support service is open to any disabled household in England or Wales in which one or more disabled people live. You can get free advice from an expert adviser on managing energy debt, switching tariffs, contacting your supplier and more. Find out more information by visiting our
Disability Energy Support webpage.