Remaining politically neutral during General Election 2024

Under guidance from the Electoral Commission and Charity Commission, it's important that Scope remains politically neutral during General Elections.

While we understand that this period will see many passionate discussions, please make sure that your comments remain respectful of other people's opinions and keep to our online community house rules.

Hi, my name is debbieannetaylor! I thought I would get notice of the appointment

Options
debbieannetaylor
debbieannetaylor Community member Posts: 6 Listener
edited December 2022 in PIP, DLA, and AA
Hi I am moving from dla, over to pip due to my condition deteriorating and submitted new pip application. I received normal updates on my claim, then last week received a call from pip accesor , not realising she was doing my assessment.  It was not until the end when I asked if I just am to wait for invite for face to face interview   that she said she had just completed it. I am now worried as I was not prepared in any way for the interview. I thought I would get notice of the appointment.  Has anyone else experienced this. 

Comments

• poppy123456
    poppy123456 Community member Posts: 55,446 Disability Gamechanger
    Options
    If the phone call was short and you were just asked a few questions then it may have been a paper based assessment. They will do this if they have enough of information to write the report, without the need for a full assessment. Sometimes they just need you to confirm a few things. When this happens they don't tell you in advance they are ringing.
    Once the assessment report is written it will be returned to DWP and then a decision will take anything up to 12 weeks.
    As you're moving from DLA if the PIP award is successful, even if your award is higher than your DLA you will not be owed any money for the difference between the 2.
    I would appreciate it if members wouldn't tag me please. I have all notifcations turned off and wouldn't want a member thinking i'm being rude by not replying.
    If i see a question that i know the answer to i will try my best to help.
  • debbieannetaylor
    Options
    Thank you poppy123456,  I was having a very stressful day  so just felt rubbish about. Keeping my fingers crossed 
  • debbieannetaylor
    Options
  • debbieannetaylor
    Options
    I have had my disability since birth, applied for new style esa had face to face appointment totally insulting to be told I scored zero points, I had a girdlestone procedure as an infant which left me with one leg severely shorter than other, which leaves me with constant back pain and leg pain. I had to explain to the accesor what a girldstone procedure was. I was not asked to do any physical assessment as she said she could see I was struggling with pain on the day. Has anyone ever appealed and is it as stressful as applying.  Feel totally insulted : (
  • poppy123456
    Options
    I have had my disability since birth, applied for new style esa had face to face appointment totally insulting to be told I scored zero points, I had a girdlestone procedure as an infant which left me with one leg severely shorter than other, which leaves me with constant back pain and leg pain. I had to explain to the accesor what a girldstone procedure was. I was not asked to do any physical assessment as she said she could see I was struggling with pain on the day. Has anyone ever appealed and is it as stressful as applying.  Feel totally insulted : (

You can challenge that decision by first requesting the Mandatory Reconsideration. You should put that in writing stating which group you think you should be placed into and your reasons why.
    Please also be aware that Support Group is not about scoring points. You just need to satisfy at least one of the descriptors here. https://www.benefitsandwork.co.uk/employment-and-support-allowance/esa-glossary/support-group-descriptors
    If the MR decision doesn't change you can proceed to Tribunal.

I would appreciate it if members wouldn't tag me please. I have all notifcations turned off and wouldn't want a member thinking i'm being rude by not replying.
  • debbieannetaylor
    Options
    Thanks poppy   not seen this before but on my test score I got 24 so will ask for re decision fingers crossed 
  • poppy123456
    Options
    Thanks poppy   not seen this before but on my test score I got 24 so will ask for re decision fingers crossed 

That test you did is not reliable at all unless you fully understand the criteria and i wouldn't advise you to use it. As i advised Support Group is not about scoring points.
  • debbieannetaylor
    Options
    Did online tribunal   within a month received notification that dwp had now decided that I had limited capability to work great news , very long.stressfull time.
  • poppy123456
    Options
    Did online tribunal   within a month received notification that dwp had now decided that I had limited capability to work great news , very long.stressfull time.
    For New style ESA that would be equivelant to WRAG, which means payment will stop after one year.
    Do you mean you were placed into the Support Group? (LCWRA) Payments increase to £117.60/week after the 14th week and continue for as long as you remain in this group.

Complete our feedback form and tell us how we can make the community better.

Do you need advice on your energy costs?

Scope’s Disability Energy Support service is open to any disabled household in England or Wales in which one or more disabled people live. You can get free advice from an expert adviser on managing energy debt, switching tariffs, contacting your supplier and more. Find out more information by visiting our
Disability Energy Support webpage.
If we become concerned about you or anyone else while using one of our services, we will act in line with our safeguarding policy and procedures. This may involve sharing this information with relevant authorities to ensure we comply with our policies and legal obligations.

Find out how to let us know if you're concerned about another member's safety.