COLD WEATHER PAYMENTS for pensioners on AA or PIP — Scope | Disability forum
If we become concerned about you or anyone else while using one of our services, we will act in line with our safeguarding policy and procedures. This may involve sharing this information with relevant authorities to ensure we comply with our policies and legal obligations.

Find out how to let us know if you're concerned about another member's safety.
Please read our updated community house rules and community guidelines.

COLD WEATHER PAYMENTS for pensioners on AA or PIP

Options
erm
erm Community member Posts: 63 Courageous
Do pensioners on Attendance allowance or high rate PIP get the cold weather payment of £25? as My partner gets PIP IN OUR HOUSEHOLD Mum the other IN HER HOME but non of us have received any payment despite our area qualifying for at least 1 payment.
We do not qualify for Pension Credit as Mum is a couple of £ over threshold cos of a tiny private pension, so worse off by hundreds a year than her friend who get free glasses dentist WHD etc.
We are 2 people on pension so despite being 2 pensions being below the min wage for 1 person we are over the threshold for PC so miss out! 
Another question if possible,
 I added our son onto the energy bill as he gets PIP and working tax credit but we have not had any letter to say if we will get the WHD this year! I was told by EDF if I added him to the account we would be entitled to WHD as with bad health conditions such as raynauds poor blood circulation etc the GP says we need to keep warm so our energy bills are high! 

Comments

Brightness

Complete our feedback form and tell us how we can make the community better.

Do you need advice on your energy costs?

Scope’s Disability Energy Support service is open to any disabled household in England or Wales in which one or more disabled people live. You can get free advice from an expert adviser on managing energy debt, switching tariffs, contacting your supplier and more. Find out more information by visiting our
Disability Energy Support webpage.