Tell me your news — Scope | Disability forum
If we become concerned about you or anyone else while using one of our services, we will act in line with our safeguarding policy and procedures. This may involve sharing this information with relevant authorities to ensure we comply with our policies and legal obligations.

Find out how to let us know if you're concerned about another member's safety.
Please read our updated community house rules and community guidelines.

Tell me your news

Options
Adrian_Scope
Adrian_Scope Posts: 11,065 Scope online community team
I’m keenly aware not everyone celebrates or wants to talk about Christmas – so let’s change the subject. 

What’s going on in your life? What’s occupying your time? How do you keep busy?

Tell me your news.
Community Manager
Scope

Comments

• Adrian_Scope
    Adrian_Scope Posts: 11,065 Scope online community team
    Options
    My news isn’t very exciting but need to replace my front tyres and get the clutch checked on the car.

And yesterday we burnt breakfast so badly the neighbours checked there wasn’t a fire – but at least it meant we’ve tested the fire alarms!
    Community Manager
    Scope
  • Globster
    Globster Community member, Community Volunteer Host, CP Network, Scope Member Posts: 2,385 Disability Gamechanger
    Options
    @Adrian_Scope I am glad that you’re okay @Adrian_Scope after burning your breakfast and it is great news that you clutch broke on your car and I hope you be able to get fixed soon  @Adrian_Scope :)

I am a Community Volunteer Host. Please note: if I use the online community outside of its hours of administration, I am doing so in a personal capacity only.

• chiarieds
    chiarieds Community member Posts: 16,127 Disability Gamechanger
    Options
    poppy123456 & her daughter came down to my house last Wednesday & we went out for a pub lunch. That's now the 4th time I've met her & her daughter this year! I've been reading rather a lot (just for a change!), so her daughter went home with some different books to try. As ever, we all had a lovely time together. :)
  • poppy123456
    poppy123456 Community member Posts: 54,839 Disability Gamechanger
    Options
    chiarieds said:
    poppy123456 & her daughter came down to my house last Wednesday & we went out for a pub lunch. That's now the 4th time I've met her & her daughter this year! I've been reading rather a lot (just for a change!), so her daughter went home with some different books to try. As ever, we all had a lovely time together. :)

We both always enjoying visiting you and my daughter couldn't wait to visit. As you know, she just adores Shadow (Chairieds adorable little cat) so much infact i'm surprised she hasn't put her in her pocket before now ;)
    Lunch was lovely too and as always you insisted on paying, you're far too kind. My daughter has plenty to read now but she always appreciates the books you give her.
    No doubt we will visit again, very soon! x
    I would appreciate it if members wouldn't tag me please. I have all notifcations turned off and wouldn't want a member thinking i'm being rude by not replying.
    If i see a question that i know the answer to i will try my best to help.
  • leeCal
    leeCal Community member Posts: 7,550 Disability Gamechanger
    edited December 2022
    Options
    My eldest is in America at the moment. He’s had about one foot of snow so far so not too bad but it’s minus twenty five Celsius! He tells me that the locks on his doors aren’t working properly and he’s been advised to spray in de-icer to free them up. Brrrrrrr...

“This is my simple religion. No need for temples. No need for complicated philosophy. Your own mind, your own heart is the temple. Your philosophy is simple kindness.” 
    ― Dalai Lama XIV

• Sandy_123
    Sandy_123 Scope Member Posts: 51,903 Disability Gamechanger
    Options
    @leeCal it's really bad in USA at the moment 
  • janer1967
    janer1967 Community member Posts: 21,964 Disability Gamechanger
    Options
    Big news as you may have seen my fella got down on one knee and popped the question and I said YES

Officially now engaged 
  • durhamjaide2001
    durhamjaide2001 Community Co-Production Group, Scope Member Posts: 10,734 Disability Gamechanger
    Options
    janer1967 said:
    Big news as you may have seen my fella got down on one knee and popped the question and I said YES

Officially now engaged 
    Congratulations 

Brightness

Complete our feedback form and tell us how we can make the community better.