Remaining politically neutral during General Election 2024

Under guidance from the Electoral Commission and Charity Commission, it's important that Scope remains politically neutral during General Elections.

While we understand that this period will see many passionate discussions, please make sure that your comments remain respectful of other people's opinions and keep to our online community house rules.

Hi, my name is mecca1! Iv just had a partial knee OP

Options
mecca1
mecca1 Community member Posts: 1 Listener
Hi  
Iv just had a partial knee OP and would like to see other people's  advice and help in my road to recovery , thanks 

Comments

• SueHeath
    SueHeath Community member Posts: 12,420 Disability Gamechanger
    Options
    Good Morning @mecca1 welcome to our great group. I have no experience of your knee opp i just wanted to greet you. When your ready have a look around the site, if you look in categories you may find links to others who have experienced your opp. 
    We have lots going on so just join in and enjoy. 
  • Hannah_Alumni
    Hannah_Alumni Scope alumni Posts: 7,912 Disability Gamechanger
    Options
    Hello @mecca1

How are you today? Welcome to the community :)

I thought I'd just let you know that I have popped your post into our physical and neurological impairments section of the forum. Many other users have discussed their surgeries and recoveries there so I hope it could help boost your post and for you to get some advice :) 

Can I ask, with your Knee Op, were you referred to anything like physical therapy or given any exercises to do at home? 
    Hannah - She / Her

Online Community Coordinator @ Scope

Concerned about another member's safety or wellbeing? Flag your concerns with us.
    Want to give us feedback? Complete our feedback form now.
  • ShirleyW
    ShirleyW Community member Posts: 355 Pioneering
    Options
    I had a total knee replacement operation 8 years ago.

The best advice I can give you is to make sure you do ALL your physio exercises EVERY day and don't miss any.  If possible have someone standing to the side of you who counts them for you, you are less likely to cheat and miss any this way.

I kept a record of mine and ticked them off each time I did them and how many times for each exercise.
    If you have been told to the massage the area then make sure you do this as well.

I know the physio is hard to do and painful but it will be worth it in the end.  

If you are having any problems, or you think it shouldn't hurt as much as it does then get in touch with the hospital where the surgery was done, your consultant or your GP.

I found that applying ice for short periods helped but make sure that your physiotherapist or surgeon has advised this first.  Wrap the ice in a tea towel.  I used a bag of frozen peas which I put back in the freezer each time I'd used them (don't eventually cook and eat them though).
Complete our feedback form and tell us how we can make the community better.
If we become concerned about you or anyone else while using one of our services, we will act in line with our safeguarding policy and procedures. This may involve sharing this information with relevant authorities to ensure we comply with our policies and legal obligations.

Find out how to let us know if you're concerned about another member's safety.