When can I expect to receive my LCWRA payment and how is it paid? — Scope | Disability forum
If we become concerned about you or anyone else while using one of our services, we will act in line with our safeguarding policy and procedures. This may involve sharing this information with relevant authorities to ensure we comply with our policies and legal obligations.

Find out how to let us know if you're concerned about another member's safety.
Please read our updated community house rules and community guidelines.

When can I expect to receive my LCWRA payment and how is it paid?

Options
ikaufy
ikaufy Community member Posts: 7 Listener
edited December 2022 in Universal Credit (UC)
Hi I have recently been awarded LCWRA on the 14th of December 2022. I have been submitting my fit notes since 21 September 2022 and my UC payment dates are on the second of each month. Does anyone have any idea when I can expect to receive my LCWRA payment and could you inform me if this will be paid along side my UC payment. Only reason for asking is I have just received my UC statement for 26th November to 25th of December and there is no LCWRA payment included.
Kindest regards
Ikaufy 

Comments

• poppy123456
    poppy123456 Community member Posts: 54,403 Disability Gamechanger
    Options
    There's a full 3 month assessment period waiting time and the extra money is paid from the 4th month after you first reported your health condition/sent your first fit note. It's not paid at all during the waiting period.
    Based on the information you gave your waiting period will be Sept to December... LCWRA starts from assessment period 26th Dec to 25th January and first payment will be 2nd Feb 2023.
    The LCWRA element increases your maximum monthly entitlement by £354.28 and will be included in your  monthly payment because LCWRA is part of UC.

I would appreciate it if members wouldn't tag me please. I have all notifcations turned off and wouldn't want a member thinking i'm being rude by not replying.
    If i see a question that i know the answer to i will try my best to help.
  • ikaufy
    ikaufy Community member Posts: 7 Listener
    Options
    Thanks so much for explaining that, I thought that might of been the case but wasn't sure. Hopefully 2 Feb I'll have the increase in my statement it will definitely come in handy NGL
  • Alex_Alumni
    Alex_Alumni Scope alumni Posts: 7,562 Disability Gamechanger
    Options
    I'm glad the community could help explain things for you @ikaufy, if there's anything else you need a hand with, please ask :) 
    Online Community Coordinator
    Scope

Concerned about another member's safety or wellbeing? Flag your concerns with us.

Want to give us feedback? Complete our feedback form now.

Brightness

Complete our feedback form and tell us how we can make the community better.

Do you need advice on your energy costs?

Scope’s Disability Energy Support service is open to any disabled household in England or Wales in which one or more disabled people live. You can get free advice from an expert adviser on managing energy debt, switching tariffs, contacting your supplier and more. Find out more information by visiting our
Disability Energy Support webpage.