Disability discrimination & EA 2010 has reenacted towards m — Scope | Disability forum
If we become concerned about you or anyone else while using one of our services, we will act in line with our safeguarding policy and procedures. This may involve sharing this information with relevant authorities to ensure we comply with our policies and legal obligations.

Find out how to let us know if you're concerned about another member's safety.
Please read our updated community house rules and community guidelines.

Disability discrimination & EA 2010 has reenacted towards m

Options
Kettlecuk
Kettlecuk Community member Posts: 1 Listener
edited February 2023 in Education
Who it may concern

I am currently studying and recently sat an online exam with NEBOSH. 

I had made my training centre aware that i have a disability called Dyslexia and provided them with sufficient information of a therapist report outlining the severity of my condition for my employer at the time inorder for them to make reasonable adjustment, which they failed todo at the time.

However, I had experienced opposition and kick back from the training centre RRC stating that my report was not sufficient because it was not presented in a particular layout which university and school student recieve when being diagnosed for dyslexia.

At that time was offended but decided to challenged them, and advised that they must make responsible adjustment under DDA & EA 2010, failing to do so would lead to discrimination. However, I later received a confirmation that 6hr would be added to my exam, however on the day of my exam the 6hrs adjustment did not show, so I attempted to call NEBOSH & unable to get through, this just added further distress anxiety and confusion until I wasn’t aware of my own surround on the day as I was home alone and felt very scared and my vision was getting black. A few hours later, after refreshing my screen,  I then saw that the examination would finish at 5pm. When it came time for me to submit my exam paper, I realised that the template along with submission was removed. I then called up the examining board again to see what was going on… I was met with arrogance and rudeness at the highest level..by a customer service agent…I asked the individual what had happened to my document and why was i not able to submit my paper…His response was that I missed the deadline(closed at 11am) & I asked him to check the notes, reluctantly he did.  

Bearing in mind, I was still trying to complete the rest of my exam which needed proof reading, he deliberately kept me on the phone for 20mins only allow me a short window to submit to the wrong email address as an alternative. Told me to keep on refreshing and it would reappear, if not I should call him back. 

Gave no explanation as to why they decided to reined on the reasonable adjustment. Therefore, I raised a complaint with the training centre and NEBOSH chief operation manager outlining acts of discrimination had be done and how they treated me from the outset was unreasonable.

Im disgusted that an education examiner who preaches rules and regulation policies are incompetent to carryout what they are training memento son the public on and fail to adhere to code of practice enforced by HSE. 

There is not only evidence of discrimination shown but also malpractice. 

Therefore, I am seeking your help on what plan of action to take next whilst NEBOSH investigate my allegation while awaiting a response by Feb 6 2023.
Tagged:

Brightness

Complete our feedback form and tell us how we can make the community better.