Remaining politically neutral during General Election 2024

Under guidance from the Electoral Commission and Charity Commission, it's important that Scope remains politically neutral during General Elections.

While we understand that this period will see many passionate discussions and do not want to discourage open discussion, we cannot allow discussions which are purely intended to influence voting.

As ever, please make sure that your comments remain respectful of other people's opinions and keep to our online community house rules.
If we become concerned about you or anyone else while using one of our services, we will act in line with our safeguarding policy and procedures. This may involve sharing this information with relevant authorities to ensure we comply with our policies and legal obligations.

Happy 2023! What are your hopes?

Options
Cher_Alumni
Cher_Alumni Scope alumni Posts: 5,734 Disability Gamechanger

Happy New Year everyone! 

Did you have a nice night? Or were you curled up in bed by 9pm like me?  :D 

Fill us in on your hopes for the upcoming year. Together we can conjure up some positivity to see us through January and the post Christmas slump! 

My hope is to continue watching my little boy thrive, learn more about the world around him and develop at a pace which is right for him. I'd also like some more sleep, so if we can manifest that I'd be much appreciative  <3
Online Community Co-ordinator

Want to tell us about your experience on the online community?  Talk to our chatbot and let us know.

Concerned about another member's safety or wellbeing? Flag your concerns with us.

Comments

• Fat_Jon
    Fat_Jon Community member Posts: 28 Connected
    Options
    Not quite 9pm, but I was in bed at 10pm. I caught a mystery virus on 23rd December and it has still not gone away. It began as a stomach upset but seems to have morphed into simply feeling exhausted all day long (even after a decent night's sleep). 

I would like this to clear up asap in 2023, so that at least I can have the energy to try and be as mobile as possible. 

At this time of year I look forward to spring bulbs starting to flower. Part of my garden is in containers, because I find those easier to maintain as I can reach them from a chair. Over the past few years I have bought as many small bulbs, snowdrops, crocus, dwarf narcissi/hyacinth, as I can afford and find it really rewarding when their colours start to appear after a long winter. 
  • gaz1960
    gaz1960 Community member Posts: 292 Pioneering
    Options
    Happy new year to everyone!

In bed by 10pm,not much point staying up after that,don't sleep much whatever time it is. Each day or night a groundhog day or night? 

Lots of fireworks going off at midnight. 

Hope people on here had a great start to the new year . 

• poppy123456
    poppy123456 Community member Posts: 57,151 Disability Gamechanger
    edited January 2023
    Options
    Happy New Year to everyone. My daughter and myself had a very unexpected invite to a neighbours house. I've known her for a couple of years and we usually look after each others cats if we go away. Had a lovely evening, with some lovely friends. A very late night as didn't go to bed until after 2am. Though it's my first time outside of my home for New year in 20 years!
    I don't really have any hopes for the year because i have just about everything i could ask for, apart from my health but learnt to live with that for over 10 years, another year will not make a difference.
    I am excited for the coming year though because in September i'll be going on my much needed holiday for 2 weeks to Egypt.
    Then just a couple of weeks from returning my eldest daughter is getting married. My grandson will be her page boy and my granddaughter a flower girl, with my youngest daughter as bridesmaid.
    Now i just need to concentrate on some weight loss... B)
    I would appreciate it if members wouldn't tag me please. I have all notifcations turned off and wouldn't want a member thinking i'm being rude by not replying.
    If i see a question that i know the answer to i will try my best to help.
  • gaz1960
    gaz1960 Community member Posts: 292 Pioneering
    Options
    Hope to meet my Soulmate! 
  • bg844
    bg844 Community member Posts: 3,887 Disability Gamechanger
    Options
    Sounds fantastic Poppy, I am glad you enjoyed your evening. I hope 2023 treats you well :)

I had a few drinks whilst listening to some music and was in bed around 1:30am which is late for me (I’m a 10pm kind of person), can’t wait to get back to normal tonight. I do have a busy year upcoming with family events and a few holidays including one this month but my aim this year is to focus on my health and be more active, spending a few less hours on the web and be slightly more social (to a point though so I don’t completely loose my mind haha).

I do hope everyone has a prosperous year wherever you are or whatever you do.
Complete our feedback form and tell us how we can make the community better.
If we become concerned about you or anyone else while using one of our services, we will act in line with our safeguarding policy and procedures. This may involve sharing this information with relevant authorities to ensure we comply with our policies and legal obligations.

Find out how to let us know if you're concerned about another member's safety.