I have to attend a commitment review — Scope | Disability forum
If we become concerned about you or anyone else while using one of our services, we will act in line with our safeguarding policy and procedures. This may involve sharing this information with relevant authorities to ensure we comply with our policies and legal obligations.

Find out how to let us know if you're concerned about another member's safety.
Please read our updated community house rules and community guidelines.

I have to attend a commitment review

Options
xglitzyritzyx
xglitzyritzyx Community member Posts: 17 Listener
I have had a message on my UC journal asking me to attend a commitment review on the 5th of January. I have been sending in sick notes since April and have recently been awarded PIP for anxiety, depression and autism. I phoned UC on Friday to ask for a phone call instead of face to face, but they said I need to attend. I'm really worried as my anxiety is really bad and I know I'll have a panic attack! 

Does anyone know exactly what a commitment review is? I get really confused with all this benefit stuff. I'm also worried they may try and make me look for work, which is impossible for me right now. 

Comments

• poppy123456
    poppy123456 Community member Posts: 54,392 Disability Gamechanger
    Options
    When claiming UC you're classed as a job seeker until a decision is made on a work capability assessment. It's a work coaches discretion whether they turn off or reduce commiments. PIP doesn't exclude you from your commiments.
    When you ring UC it's just a call centre you're ringing and all they would do is put a message on your journal. I'd advise you to put a message yourself and ask for a telephone appointment and explain the reasons why this is needed.
    With regards to your fit notes, have you been referred for the work capability assessment and received the UC50 form yet?
    I would appreciate it if members wouldn't tag me please. I have all notifcations turned off and wouldn't want a member thinking i'm being rude by not replying.
    If i see a question that i know the answer to i will try my best to help.
  • xglitzyritzyx
    Options
    Also I'm still on the review stage of ESA. Not heard anything from them for months. Should I chase this up?
  • poppy123456
    Options
    There's long delays for the work capability assessment. As you're claiming both ESA and UC you'll only need 1 assessment for both.
    Have you received the work capability assessment form yet?
    I would appreciate it if members wouldn't tag me please. I have all notifcations turned off and wouldn't want a member thinking i'm being rude by not replying.
  • xglitzyritzyx
    Options
    I sent the work form back to them at the beginning of December. Obviously with the strikes I'm not sure when they received it 
  • poppy123456
    Options
    That's a long time to wait for the form to be sent to you and is the reason why you've waited so long already.
  • xglitzyritzyx
    Options
    Do you think I should call them to see if they received my form? Or will UC know when I go to the interview? This is so confusing haha
  • poppy123456
    Options
    You will need to ring the Health Assessment Advisory Service because the form should have gone straight to them rather than to DWP. I'm sure you would have heard something if they hadn't received it.

• xglitzyritzyx
    Options
    Thank you for your advice Poppy. You've been really helpful 
  • calcotti
    calcotti Community member Posts: 10,010 Disability Gamechanger
    edited January 2023
    Options
    The Work Capability form should be issued 29 days after you report your health condition (immediately for some conditions) unless you were still employed and receiving earnings over 16 x NMW/week.

https://data.parliament.uk/DepositedPapers/Files/DEP2022-0860/169._Work_Capability_Assessments_V19.0.pdf

If you were not excluded by earnings a wait from April to December for the form to be sent to you is ridiculous if you have provided continuous Fit Notes.
    Information I post is for England unless otherwise stated. Rules may be different in other parts of UK.

Brightness

Complete our feedback form and tell us how we can make the community better.

Do you need advice on your energy costs?

Scope’s Disability Energy Support service is open to any disabled household in England or Wales in which one or more disabled people live. You can get free advice from an expert adviser on managing energy debt, switching tariffs, contacting your supplier and more. Find out more information by visiting our
Disability Energy Support webpage.