Remaining politically neutral during General Election 2024

Under guidance from the Electoral Commission and Charity Commission, it's important that Scope remains politically neutral during General Elections.

While we understand that this period will see many passionate discussions and do not want to discourage open discussion, we cannot allow discussions which are purely intended to influence voting.

As ever, please make sure that your comments remain respectful of other people's opinions and keep to our online community house rules.


Worried72 Community member Posts: 1 Listener
I will have a rent shortfall of £200 a month as my son is moving out and I have a spare room. This shortfall is after the landlord has agreed on a rent reduction of £300.
I have a council tax band reduction due to
being disabled and my current house meeting specific needs.
I have carers that live very near me and regularly stay overnight, if I had to move, I wouldn’t get the extra support I receive. 

Is there a good chance I could get for a DHP to cover the shortfall ?


  • poppy123456
    poppy123456 Community member Posts: 56,336 Disability Gamechanger
    I don't think anyone here can answer that question. The only thing you can do is apply but they may tell you that you need to find somewhere else to live in a smaller property. If they do award the DHP it's only for a short period and then you need to reapply.
    I would appreciate it if members wouldn't tag me please. I have all notifcations turned off and wouldn't want a member thinking i'm being rude by not replying.
    If i see a question that i know the answer to i will try my best to help.
Complete our feedback form and tell us how we can make the community better.

Do you need advice on your energy costs?

Scope’s Disability Energy Support service is open to any disabled household in England or Wales in which one or more disabled people live. You can get free advice from an expert adviser on managing energy debt, switching tariffs, contacting your supplier and more. Find out more information by visiting our
Disability Energy Support webpage.
If we become concerned about you or anyone else while using one of our services, we will act in line with our safeguarding policy and procedures. This may involve sharing this information with relevant authorities to ensure we comply with our policies and legal obligations.

Find out how to let us know if you're concerned about another member's safety.